Vlka Fenryka: WIP/PIP + Warband Fluff

MaveriK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, just managed to read through the whole blog last night, how did I not know this was here?

I love your writing skills. The saga you are creating for your wolves is absolutely ace, and I love the fact that you are drawing elements from Space Wolves lore from through the years aswell as stamping a little of your own style on it too.

Of particular note is bringing Bulveyes 13th company back, whom I remember fondly from the 6th Space Wolves novel, where they joke about Russ' spear and how he hated it, he was always throwing the damned thing away.

You have a rare gift there.

I am also really enjoying your creativity when it comes to the models. Like you I try to stick to GW/FW where possible. I do have a few models which aren't, but I love the style you have set for yourself, the grimy war  stained warriors of Uncas' Wolves of Fenris. Colourwise they actually remind me a lot of the Worldwide campaign hat they ran years ago, which saw the creation of codex: Eye of terror. Visually, they are unique. I too am inspired the the collected visions Is that where your inspiration for the open tracked rhino came from?, Adrian Smith, for me, was the star artist of those books.

Anyhoo enough rambling on from me, just wanted to say that I really enjoy what you are doing, your painting has really been coming along and the wee lessons like symmetry of a model are great.

Keep on Truckin' For Russ & the Allfather.

• 6 months later...

Alright folks, it's been months but you heard it hear first. MaveriK will return in the new year, (still in recovery.... it's been a rough year for both of us but he's much better with his health) with new models ready to be showcased and posted. Wait until you people see his Thunderwolf Cavalry :wink: P.S. he dislikes the idea of power armoured space marines on thunderwolf mounts, he found a great substitute that fits his lost company fluff.

• 3 weeks later...

:: WIP Solstice Advance Vow ::

gallery_24878_5750_815.jpg

Brokkr Ironfoot "one who works with metal; blacksmith"

gallery_24878_5750_34506.jpg

I'm still waiting for additional bits for his servo-arm. I really wanted to make a different looking Iron Priest, I wanted to add some imaginary into the pieace. I've seen so many out there that just lacked that originality. But don't get me wrong, I've also seen some beautiful work out there. I needed my Iron Priest to look more battle ready, especially with the latest codex edition. I will have a version with a Thunder Wolf mount soon enough!

gallery_24878_5750_49024.jpg

There are bladesmiths, ironsmiths and then there is Brokkr Ironfoot. He is a sullen giant, a fierce and silent wolf. Brokkr aims to build the greatest war machines for the sons of Russ. Brokkr Ironfoot yearns to be remembered in the sagas as building something unique and deadly for the coming wolf-time....

WIP Kaerl Guard / House Belisarius Contractor

gallery_24878_5750_62127.jpg

This is probably my third or fourth version in an attempt to find the right looking Kaerl guard/House Belisarius guard. I'm quite content with the results. I just need to make a full squad now! I wanted him to look elite yet feral at the same time. Influenced by the wolves and of Fenris itself.

gallery_24878_5750_33367.jpg

Kaerl Guard/House Belisarius trooper. I'm currently thinking about making a Wolf Blades side army. Troops consisting mainly of scions, HQ lead by either a Navigator or a Wolf Guard. Elite slots will consist of Grey Hunters and Wolf Guard while the main troops will only be scions (house guards for the Navis Nobilite). I'm also thinking of using Leman Russ Exterminators as heavy support.

-- EDIT --

Thank you for looking, more updates coming soon!

@MosesGunn, Thank you I'm glad you approve. Good luck with your 13th Company!

@Konnavaer, Thank you! I can't believe I've been doing this and still working on it for five years now... LOL slow and steady they say wins the race.

@Darkseer, Thank you Adam! I will update and post the painted stuff soon enough.

@Mactire, Thank you. I'm just very picky with the stuff I work with. I'm constantly looking for GW/FW bits that inspire me.

@forte, Thank you Wolf-Brother errr chaos scum...

@danty_xv, Thank you! I myself can't believe this has been ongoing for close to five years now! As the months go, the better at painting and making models I get. I just need to catch up and finish my army. I can't wait until I'm done this hahaha

@Amarog, Thank you!

gallery_24878_5748_12154.jpg

brace yourselves...

:: The Howling Tide ::

When the men go raiding, they come back rich, or they come back fewer in number, or sometimes the men don't come back for at all. But rare is the time when the men come back to you dead. Fenris is harsh and cruel. In the summer the world burns and life explodes. In the long winters, we endure. If the cold didn't kill you, the predators will hunt you and then you sleep on the red snow. Fertile land is the most sacred thing to fight for. While the men go to fight or hunt for food. The women protect the Aett...

gallery_24878_5748_19408.jpg

Valkyrja. Daughters of Fenris. They are known as frost born maidens or spear wives in their native tongue. Gothi priest refer to them as choosers of the slain. But outside of the wolf kingdom (Fenrisian system) they are referred to as Shield Maidens in low gothic.

gallery_24878_5748_29288.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_40754.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_62794.jpg

Their role within each great company is to serve as steward's for both the fleshmakers and their assigned great company jarl. They also act as the skjalds for the kaerls living and working inside the Fang.
gallery_24878_5748_59146.jpg
gallery_24878_5748_76387.jpg
gallery_24878_5748_12594.jpg
The daughters of Fenris are known to possess great beauty. They are reborn and remade by the fleshmakers. Forever young and beautiful. Built to become stronger than an average human. They posses great skill in combat. During the night, their eyes glow in golden yellow like that of the sons of Russ. They fight alongside the Rout hunting down the enemies of the Allfather. For Fenris and for the Wolf King!
gallery_24878_5748_80626.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_26826.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_66301.jpg

I dislike the image and principle of power armored super humans riding giant wolves. So I needed to think outside the box. I did not want to replace the mount as the Thunderwolves themselves are already pretty cool. People here already know that I tend to avoid using third party pieces that either look ugly, silly or statue-like. Anyway, the idea started with the book Prospero Burns. How the fleshmakers remade Casper Hawser. From there my fluff grew and evolved...
--EDIT--
I'm currently working on another five more of these elegant yet deadly looking warriors. Comments and questions are welcomed. Thank you for looking!

@Karack Blackstone, Thank you wolf brother!

@jbickib, more to come my friend and thank you!

@Konnavaer, Thank you!

@Rune_Priest_Rhapsody, it's good to be back in the Fang. Thank you wolf brother!

:: Solstice Advance Vow ::

gallery_24878_5750_17831.jpg

gallery_24878_5750_40073.jpg

gallery_24878_5750_37603.jpg

Just a minor update. Bits finally came in, thought I'd share. I will begin painting him this weekend.

@Konnavaer, Thank you!

@Rune_Priest_Rhapsody, it's good to be back in the Fang. Thank you wolf brother!

Just a minor update. Bits finally came in, thought I'd share. I will begin painting him this weekend.

Utterly inspired, as usual. What color scheme are you planning on for this IP?

@Konnavaer, Thank you!

Utterly inspired, as usual. What color scheme are you planning on for this IP?

No clue yet on the color scheme, any advice or ideas are welcomed!

@Karack Blackstone, no clue yet.... I failed my vow for the Solstice Advance thinking I still had the Saturday to finish my Iron Priest but realized the last day was on the Friday. I've been working the afternoon/night shift for awhile now so it also didn't help.

@Wolf Lord Kieran, LOL thank you wolf brother. I will try to update more as I can when I have the free time. There are so few of us Greybeards left here at the Fang. Always a pleasure hearing from you. Looking forward to your sagas in your thread!

@Bladewolf, I bought some weathering paints and some of GW technical paints. I will test them out with my Iron Priest. Thank you for the advice!

:: Iron Priest on Thunderwolf mount ::

gallery_24878_5750_24348.jpg

Iron Priest Finng

Archived