Vlka Fenryka: WIP/PIP + Warband Fluff

MaveriK

Ahh, I see the second smoke launcher now, must have been too tired. Also the way the Long Fang holds his axe makes perfect sense for a shoulder tackle move ^_^ .

As for the custom made banner, I'll try my luck on making one just like it myself, it looks too awesome to not have one.

I really dig how you try and succeed to make your Long Fangs individual, good job.

@Darkseer, I just have bits saved up over the years. I try not to throw bits away, knowing down the line I'll make use of some of the pieces saved up.

@Bulweih, thank you! I honestly can't wait to test out these new minis on the table-top. I can't wait until I start playing with my new army, I might even try out in a tournament?! I use to go to a few back in 4th Edition, I brought my wife along who was then my GF. It helped distract my opponents HA! she stayed and watched me play and I could tell it bothered most of my opponents. They forgot certain dice rolls here, measuring there, and not to mention move certain units. LOL I just thought it was funny. Heck, she played my army before and done really good. Maybe I can talk her into playing in a tournament them for me? with my supervision of course.

----

check out the SW blog if you haven't already! it's one of my favorites, and not to mention, it's pure SW goodness: http://space-wolves-grey.blogspot.com/
Night Runner's blog, I just recently came across this beauty! the man has talent and mad skills! take a peek at his blog: http://trueminiwargamer.blogspot.com/
wolf brother Simo429 has some good insight and post in this mainly SW related blog. Also worth checking out: http://clawsandfists.blogspot.com/

----

gallery_24878_5750_66622.jpggallery_24878_5750_15068.jpg
Testing out track paint schemes, mud and rust stains. I'm going to hold off on the tracks until I finish the rhino. Until then I'll know what to do with the tracks, from what will look good, and what paint scheme will work better on the rhino as a whole.

gallery_24878_5750_37848.jpggallery_24878_5750_59927.jpg
I've decided to keep the rhino look uncluttered. My first attempt looked and felt a bit cluttered on the top. I'm happy with this look, because it feels clean and still retain that unique look. I have to admit... I'm starting to like painting this rhino! and I think she's turning out to be really nice.

--EDIT--
Updated Font Size. C & C welcomed. Thank you for looking!

I had done the same theme with my Rhinos. I felt that the Rhino, being the primary transport, would be an extension of the ocean faring mentality of the Fenrisians.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s89/Grimtooth_photos/IMG_1070.jpg

I added harpoon/spears to the sides of the top hatch to represent repelling boarders. I had some of the very small dwarven shields linked with small brass eyelets and jewelers chains to hand somewhere but had not found the proper place yet. All that was left after that was a graphic for the top hatches to represent the elder futhark named squads.

I will probably do away with the elder futhark when I start the Rhinos for my new army, but retain the ocean faring concept and dwarven shields.

Sorry guys, he wont be updating for awhile. My husband is going to be out of town/country for awhile :( so your stuck with me. Eeek! but I do know he finished his rhino before he left, I should take pictures! I know his password to his B&C account buwhahaha. Anyway, I think it looks pretty cool and no I'm not just saying that out of favoritism.

Anyway, I have to give mad props for EVERYONE who is into Space Wolves! not only is it hard to paint, at least from my point of view... especially with all the details, and the tiny brush you have to use! geezus is all I have to say :)

I have to give props to Maverick for getting his wife to post on the B&C.

I have to say, I'm impressed. My wife does well. She helped build my hobby room, opened a game store and doesn't mind that I'm teaching our kids to play. (14 yr old girl, CSM, 9 & 7 yr old boys, Crimson Fists and Orks)

But she would NOT be found playing, painting or posting on the forums.

At least not yet.....

Maybe I have something to work for now :)

Your wife sounds cool :D and its always nice to share a hobby or have a common interest with your significant other. I'm lucky, I share allot with mine. From paint balling/woods ball, to video games! I've been a long time lurker here, just mainly looking at pictures and other people's space wolf army. I'm no stranger when it comes to gaming forums (halo, gears of war, half life, final fantasy, etc etc) but this is a first for me, in the tabletop forum.

Your wife sounds cool ^_^ and its always nice to share a hobby or have a common interest with your significant other. I'm lucky, I share allot with mine. From paint balling/woods ball, to video games! I've been a long time lurker here, just mainly looking at pictures and other people's space wolf army. I'm no stranger when it comes to gaming forums (halo, gears of war, half life, final fantasy, etc etc) but this is a first for me, in the tabletop forum.

Got any similarly minded sisters? ;)

Kidding aside, it does make for good fun when gamers can enjoy their hobby/hobbies with others, especially those close to him/her. ;)

Now take those rhino pics and put em up!

gallery_24878_5332_6310.jpg
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy with the day job. While I'm out and away, please check out the following blogs!

- check out the SW blog if you haven't already! it's one of my favorites, and not to mention, it's pure SW goodness:

- Night Runner's blog, I just recently came across this beauty! the man has talent and mad skills! take a peek at his blog:

- wolf brother Simo429 has some good insight and post in this mainly SW related blog. Also worth checking out:

--EDIT--
Updated Font Size. Thank you for looking!

gallery_24878_5748_29322.jpggallery_24878_5748_884.jpggallery_24878_5748_18048.jpg
PIP. Wolf Scout Korvis (Growler67)

would my wolf brothers here at B&C be offended if I decided to honor my warriors by giving them your user names? I've seen many people and armies with names on their troops. So I figure why not? the greybeards here, along with the usual users at the Fang have become a gaming family for me through these years. I plan on writing the names under the bases. This way, I get to carry my wolf brothers with me.. share in my glory from the highs and lows of the battlefield.

gallery_24878_5748_26818.jpggallery_24878_5748_45451.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_58432.jpggallery_24878_5748_30784.jpg

I still have to do touch-ups, and not to mention shave off mold line on his leg. I might add a bit of grass or snow on his base. I also have an honorary SW model, named after Chris Wraight. It's my own way of welcoming him to our brotherhood of the wolf, and into the Fang here at B&C. More on that later!

--EDIT--

gallery_24878_5748_2525.jpggallery_24878_5748_39946.jpggallery_24878_5748_44263.jpg
My second pack of Fenris Hunters (Grey Hunters/Grey Slayers) are finally finished. I just need to base them all and their ready to be unleashed. The multimelta warrior's gun can be removed freely to replace a plasma gun or a normal boltgun. I'll do a full picture of my completed army, once I finish painting my Long Fangs. My next WIP Rune Priest will be named after our own Valerian. And my next WIP mark of the wulfen warrior will represent TiguriusX from the Inglorious Brawler thread. Stay tuned for more!

--EDIT--

My second pack of Fenris Hunters (Grey Hunters/Grey Slayers) are finally finished. I just need to base them all and their ready to be unleashed. The multimelta warrior's gun can be removed freely to replace a plasma gun or a normal boltgun. I'll do a full picture of my completed army, once I finish painting my Long Fangs. My next WIP Rune Priest will be named after our own Valerian.

Thanks Mav; I am honored!

For the Wolf Time!

V

ACT IV: Way of the Wolf

gallery_24878_5748_12544.jpggallery_24878_5748_44480.jpggallery_24878_5748_830.jpg

"Sails were the most distance-visible aspect of a boat, so they were often used to declare intention. A straw-yellow sail invited trade and barter. A purple sail indicated aett-mourning, the cut thread of a chief or a queen. A white sail, like the one dragging Fith’s wyrmboat, proclaimed open approach and embassy. A black sail, like the ones the Balt had come in under, was a treacherous sail, because it hid its declaration in the night, and thus defied the convention. A red sail was an open announcement of the intention to murder." - Fith of the Ascommani, Prospero Burns.

gallery_24878_5748_53486.jpggallery_24878_5748_77792.jpg

We do not not take orders from Logan Grimnar, nor does he command our mighty war band. Our lord, the Trueclaw sleeps deep within the Fang. We act out his dreams, in an orchestra of war, in this realm of flesh and blood. We are the living nightmares of the past, the wolves of old, the Vlka Fenryka. We all took an oath under his banner, and we still serve under Bjorn the Fell-Handed.

We fight and die for the wolf king and the all-father. We march towards the great unknown, and sail in the sea of stars. We do what we were born to do, and what we were breed to do. We hunt our enemies and crush them. Watching in delight as we see them driven before us. Only to have packs of grey armored warriors, hunt them down to the last man.

An enemy of the wolf king, had to be more than just killed. It had to be cut apart, hacked apart, dismembered and un-remembered.. until we hear the lamentation from their women. From their cries, to their moans; the music of death, suffering and pain, which can only come from the hands of the Rout. We do this, so that their cries can echo, from one end of the galaxy, to the other. We do this, for all the lost companies, along with the 13th, so that they may hear the calling from our war drums. It's time our lost kin found a reason to return home. We are the Emperor's wolves, we summon them from the depths of space, to usher in a new era.

We are the war wolves of Fenris, the phantom wolves of yesterday. We are here to bring about the coming of the wolf-time. The gates of morkai could not hold us, we have been unleashed into your realm. We are here today to rally the lost, and gather the disbanded. Like the warring tribes and clans of Fenris, we gather and unite the warlords of the Fang. Just as Leman Russ, united the tribes of Fenris. We do so now in his name, to bring back the full might and force of the VI legion.

We leave nothing behind, we take our enemies treasures, destroy their homes, and erase their existence. We only return to Fenris, if our enemy dares to trespass in our kingdom. We only return to Fenris if our mighty lord awakens, and we only return home to Fenris to re-supply our weapons, and fill our empty kegs full with Fenrisian ale. This is our way, the way of the wolf.

gallery_24878_5748_32340.jpggallery_24878_5748_28152.jpggallery_24878_5748_38366.jpg

"The Wolves couldn’t be called off. They sacked it. The Wolves destroyed it all. There wasn’t even anything left for us to salvage, no treasure for us to plunder, nothing of value to claim as a prize. The Wolves destroyed it all." - Prospero Burns---

@Dahli Llama, I know what you mean! but sadly, I can only work with what I have, and what is in front of me. I don't have any scout bits, but maybe in the future I may redo the model when I do get a hold of some. But for now, I like how he looks. An artist/hobbist is only limited with what tools and toys he has at his disposal.

@Valerian, don't thank me yet, I'd wait until it's done. I've decided to make your chooser to be an owl, only to represent your extensive knowledge in the game, and the lore that comes with our mighty chapter.

--EDIT--

Updated Font Size. C & C welcomed, more on my blog. Thank you for looking!

I smell favortism! =P

Seriously though, Act IV rocked.

Hey Mav, I scoured the GW website and can't find that banner you say might've come from beastmen. I even tried over in chaos and ogres, etc. Could it be a discontinued banner?

I can understand that you're itching to release this army on the tabletop, holding wolves on a leash ain't easy no matter how you put it :) .

And for the suggestion of letting your wife play a tourney, I'd say go for it.

She's doing fine here and I'd just love to see the opponents faces :D . Some of those might never have been that close to women for such a long time, it would be no surprise to me if they totally screwed up due to their high rate of nervousness and so forth :) .

The Rhino looks great, loving the orange.

The scout has an awful mouldline on the right leg, but apart from that he looks ace, even considering he is pretty well armored for a scout. Makes him stand out, me like.

Act IV is looking very good from here, keep up the awesome work.

On a related note: I guess it's an older banner, because I coudn't find it either.

Beautiful Rhino. I just love the color combination.

@Dahli Llama, I know what you mean! but sadly, I can only work with what I have, and what is in front of me. I don't have any scout bits, but maybe in the future I may redo the model when I do get a hold of some. But for now, I like how he looks. An artist/hobbist is only limited with what tools and toys he has at his disposal.

I can totally understand that. Personally, my favorite Wolf Scouts have been those made almost completely from the Chaos Marauders box. The nearly armorless look just seems to fit the feel of Wolf Scouts. I'm not sure wear the 4+ armor save would come from, but that's not important. :D

I smell favortism! =P

who? I don't even know this guy... yup :wub:

And for the suggestion of letting your wife play a tourney, I'd say go for it.

She's doing fine here and I'd just love to see the opponents faces :) . Some of those might never have been that close to women for such a long time, it would be no surprise to me if they totally screwed up due to their high rate of nervousness and so forth :lol: .

The Rhino looks great, loving the orange.

The scout has an awful mouldline on the right leg, but apart from that he looks ace, even considering he is pretty well armored for a scout. Makes him stand out, me like.

I think it's just the lighting, and lack of flash when in macro mode. It's actually red that fades into reddish brown. Mav also mentioned about shaving off the mold line, under the pictures in a paragraph.

Thank you! and I'm looking forward to playing. I think Mav is more interested in the fluff and the hobby aspect, while I'll be more of the competitive part with this army. I have my first 500pts game this weekend, I'm excited! when I get better and enter a tournament... my plan was to dress up in costume, (catwoman, and wonder woman) as my own way of psychological warfare.

my favorite Wolf Scouts have been those made almost completely from the Chaos Marauders box. The nearly armorless look just seems to fit the feel of Wolf Scouts. I'm not sure wear the 4+ armor save would come from, but that's not important. :D

you should see what he has in store for Wolf Scouts in the future, completely different from the norm, and from what everyone has seen! By just using certain Warhammer Fantasy bits that's not, the chaos marauder template. It's pretty nuts! and it works. Wish I could show you, but I think Mav is holding off on them until he finishes the rest of his force.

my plan was to dress up in costume, (catwoman, and wonder woman) as my own way of psychological warfare.

Why can't this happen at more hobby stores.... then again, the few women that go to my local store, I would likely run in horror. :lol:

I think it's great though that he's the fluff guy, sitting at home building, etc, then you're the one to go throw down the hammer. :P

my plan was to dress up in costume, (catwoman, and wonder woman) as my own way of psychological warfare.

Why can't this happen at more hobby stores.... then again, the few women that go to my local store, I would likely run in horror. :down:

I totally agree with brother Wulfebane here, these "women" around here in the lgs would cause me to run blinded and screaming in horror. Just the thought gives me the creeps ;) .

But dressing up like that might be a little much/over the top, I don't know about Canada, but around here we don't have an ambulance right there for reanimating purposes ;) .

I really over read that line of Mav about the mould line on the leg, must have been the ale. As for the color, it really looks more orange from here, but I'll take your word for it as you've seen it live.

I really over read that line of Mav about the mould line on the leg, must have been the ale. As for the color, it really looks more orange from here, but I'll take your word for it as you've seen it live.

Yeah, I've made a comment about it in the past. Mav assured me that its the lighting.

I totally agree with brother Wulfebane here, these "women" around here in the lgs would cause me to run blinded and screaming in horror. Just the thought gives me the creeps :lol: .

But dressing up like that might be a little much/over the top, I don't know about Canada, but around here we don't have an ambulance right there for reanimating purposes ;) .

haven't you guys ever been to comic-con? I went for the first time last year! going again this year! we saw a group of people, dressed up as Imperial Guard, and they got allot of good attention at the convention. As for me dressing up, as either Wonder Woman or.. now that I think about it. Little Red Riding Hood would be far more appropriate! and in my opinion, in doing so.. dressing up, all in the name of having fun! so I don't think it's a little much or over the top?!? I'd like to think we Canadians try not to over think things, or over complicated things and stress about the mediocre. Anyway, as mentioned earlier, I'll only be doing so, during big events and tournaments, and not during normal games.

;) I'm sorry if that came over too rude, it was meant in the good way, I assure you -_- .

I've never been to an event like that myself, we don't really have those around here, none that I know of at least. But it sounds like awesome fun to me :tu: .

I just meant that, if a woman with really good looks (like yourself)would pull sth. like that on a big tourney here (where you find those hopeless guys when it comes to women frequently and in numbers), they (the opponents) might rather faint or get a heart attack than just screw up their game :lol: .

Archived