Vlka Fenryka: WIP/PIP + Warband Fluff

MaveriK

[

gallery_24878_5748_123346.jpggallery_24878_5748_233824.jpg

Someone messaged me about my lost company's SACRED RELIC and wanted to have a closer look at the banner. My lost company's fluff is based on Bjorn the Fell-Handed. The warband was lost during the first great hunt.

--EDIT--

More pictures on my blog! thank you for looking :D [/size]

Sorry I have not posted as often as i wanted to but commitments with work and family and my English Lit degree have taken up all my time. But after may I will be posting more frquently (my course finished till sept).

I really like all your conversions especially the arjac one. there is only one conversion i am not to fond off and thats the wulfen in armour howling at the moon. It looks like a werewolf in armour. The head is just to wolflike without any semblence of human features.

However the above banner just blew my mind, I did a double take when i saw that banner. It looked hand stitched. Like a rug or embroided banner. was that intentional on your behalf. The banner actuallly looks 3D, the painting on the dragon and bjorns makes it look like their is real depth there.

I have also noticed the improvement in your painting. My only suggestion is to not drybrush the grey on the mini's. Paint it on instead, I know it takes longer but the affect can be better if done correctly. But hey its up to you man.

Also I like the way you have included stories along the way and the fact you consistantly update this thread.

@Growler67, thank you wolf brother!

@Chapter Master Ignis Domus, thank you wolf brother! the model itself is based from an out of print, rare WFB figure.

@Beef, I was wondering why the halls of Russ have been quiet these past few months! you have been missed wolf brother! As for Bloodfang, the model was inspired by Jorin Bloodfang's saga. I intentionally wanted him to be literally a werewolf in armor. As for my lost company's sacred relic (Bjorn Fell-Handed Banner), the banner is indeed meant to look like it's hand stitched, almost like an ancient Persian rug, sent to Fenris as a gift. I'm glad the painting compliments that effect, making it look almost embroided. And you are correct! the banner is indeed almost 3D, probably being the ONLY green stuff item/model I have in my SW army. As for my progression in my painting, I have to agree with you! I guess it's true what they say, you only get better with practice and with age. I really appreciate your suggestions and honesty! and I will definitely have to try out your painting suggestion. Thank you for taking the time to comment! it means allot to me, especially coming from a greybeard.

---
PROJECT BORN AGAIN: Once I finish my lost company, I plan on re-painting my original 2nd edition Space Wolf army. In theory, it's as easy as simple green! but in practice... I'm sure it's going to take allot of time. But I honestly hope to start on this born again project, either this summer or during the fall season. I want my entire Space Wolves army to have the same color scheme to the grim dark pre-heresy color. Not to mention, I also want to update my 2nd edition models with current plastic bits.

gallery_24878_5748_51940.jpggallery_24878_5748_91961.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_15207.jpggallery_24878_5748_41807.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_59950.jpggallery_24878_5748_7760.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_20331.jpggallery_24878_5748_50000.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_48305.jpggallery_24878_5748_2557.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_13238.jpggallery_24878_5748_41589.jpg

--EDIT--
Updated Font Size. C & C are welcomed. Thank you for looking!

Your models are purely awesome, mav!

I think I have to make a "twoblade" clone on my own for every mark of the wulfen I need :D - one of the most badass looking wolves I've ever seen.

I also like the wolf guard with the load of skulls on his torso and the idea for the riflemen dread. Attaching the autocannons sideways instead of over another is much more intimidating imo.

Love to watch your ideas, great inspiration! Keep up the amazing work!

Personally, I'd prefer Option 3: Dreadsock. :pirate:

i miss bran and his dreadsock...

WLK

i recently send him a pm to ask him to post some pictures of his exterminatussock but no succes so far and since it's been a year since he was on here i'm not sure he'll read it any time soon.

Old skooool! Yes. I had one of those tiny Leman Russ models, maybe one day GW will do a whole official Primarch range at true scale.

Love the long fangs too. Those guys were a bugger to stand up, had to weight the bases. Good times, thanks for the blast down memory lane.

@Kami, thank you!

@Levitas, I know what you mean, but I'd rather have forgeworld do them instead. Yeah, I remember how troublesome the old Long Fangs were to assemble. I didn't have issues with the standing up, my issue was more about attaching the heavy weapons. I prefer plastic heavy weapons, over the old pewter models.

---
WIP: Before and After
gallery_24878_5750_55750.jpggallery_24878_5750_24488.jpg
Before

gallery_24878_5750_19477.jpggallery_24878_5750_16170.jpg

gallery_24878_5750_18904.jpggallery_24878_5750_22367.jpg
After

--EDIT--
Updated Font Size. C & C are welcomed. Thank you for looking!

• 1 month later...

Just a quick little update while on vacation. When I get back, I'll upload all the pics of my latest stuff that I've been working on before my vacation. Especially the new packs and characters from the Fang here at B&C. Truth be told, I was honestly a little hesitant on updating again on this thread, only because it got a little off topic with other stuff and such. Anyway, here is MavGirl's character from her Winter Guard/Shield Maiden fluff... http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=230945

gallery_60350_6186_12847.jpggallery_60350_6186_37295.jpggallery_60350_6186_25299.jpg
Skadi the She-Wolf. My latest objective marker for the Vlka Fenryka.

I wanted her to look as a savage as possible. She is a tall woman, lean and strong but still looks feminine. I tried to stay away from having women looking bulky or adding breast on power armour. I'd like to think my work has a little more class and taste than that. Anyway, I like the idea of Skadi having longer legs, for that extra spring and bounce in her jumps. Not to mention, those longer strides while running alongside Fenrisian wolf packs.

--EDIT--
Updated Font Size. Thank you for looking, C & C are welcomed!

Excellent job! I like how she looks like she's strafing from incoming fire.

What're some of those bits from? More specifically the head and legs (and whatever else you'd be willing to divulge :ermm: )

Head is definately a Wood Elf, legs look like it too.

Ive noticed that through this thread, you mention the inspiration for your army. You army is my inspiration for my lost company. You and Wolf Lord Mjolnir.

I hope to see me appear one day :lol: Keep up the excellent work, storywise and modelwise.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the kind words everyone! and now that I'm back from my trip, I can get back on the painting.

WIP/PIP

gallery_24878_5750_7346.jpggallery_24878_5750_33962.jpggallery_24878_5750_29620.jpg
First picture is my custom Logan Grimnar for the Summer's Advance Pack Expansion. Second pic is Skadi the She-Wolf, of the Winter Guard (Shield Maiden). Lastly is a Grey Hunter Jonas Stromclaw, for my third Fenris Hunter Pack.

gallery_24878_5750_10587.jpggallery_24878_5750_3403.jpggallery_24878_5750_31422.jpg
This is my custom prototype Wolf Scout, Mikal Wolfheart.

I wanted to do a different template for the Wolf Scouts, because I felt that the more usual approach, and how people usually built Wolf Scouts didn't look as dynamic.... although looking great, for me they looked more like football players who are either constipated, or pretending to be one of those old He-Man toys. "Grr look at me, I have big muscles! I hope nobody notices that the rest of my pack have literally the same pose, but that's okay because they all have different bits and heads, so I hope nobody notices it and just goes with the cool factor." So with that, I went with a more leaner looking Wolf Scout, making him lighter and agile while at the same time, hopefully being original with the design and concept.

--EDIT--
Updated Font Size. Thank you for looking!

Archived