Vlka Fenryka: WIP/PIP + Warband Fluff

MaveriK

gallery_60350_5867_22356.jpg
ACT V: Winter Guard

The relationship between Sky Warriors and mortals living in the Aett have changed for the better since the first battle of the Fang. Countless kaerls had given their lives in the defence of the Aett and yet their names were not recorded. Jarl Arvek Kjarlskar, Great Wolf of the Vlka Fenryka, and successor to the late Great Wolf Ironhelm. Deemed the Kaerl's Aettguard worthy of *praise*, recognition and acknowledgement.

Freija Morekborn's faith in the Sky Warriors was complete and worked hard to match her father's devotion. She served with the Kaerl's but something inside her was haunted with what occurred during the fighting against the Thousand Sons. ‘I recognize my weakness, and will strive to correct it. I believe I can overcome my flaws....’ Freija wanted to redeem her honor and glory, for her father's sake, for his memory and all those mortals who died in the Aett. But most of all, Freija wanted to find her inner-peace. Her hard work and devotion was eventually noticed by some of the fleshmakers *Wolf Priest* and the wolves found her curious, and intriguing for a mortal.

Many years would pass, and Freija became old, obsolete. The tragedy was that she did not attain the peace she had longed for. Yet for some reason, this amused the fleshmakers, as it was an admirable trait. So out of curiosity or maybe even pity, the Wolf Priest of The Rout remade her, like they did with the skjald Casper Hawser. Some even whisper, that this was a sanctioned experiment by the Great Wolf Kjarlskar.

Freija Morekborn was born again! stronger, better, faster and more agile. She was young and beautiful again. Freija could do more now in her new life, than she had with her old. She then became the fleshmakers personal steward. Accompanying the warrior priest during their choosing of the valiant, amongst the savage tribes of Fenris. While the Wolf Priest watched over the warriors of men, Freija watched over the women of the tribes. Those worthy became like her.... renewed, and remade. And so the Winter Guard was born.

The Winter Guard would be the protectors of the mortals who lived and served in the Aett. Tasked with what skjald's do for The Rout; so too would the maidens speak the deeds of fallen mortals, amongst the Kaerl's who manned the Aett, so that their names would not be forgotten in the history of the Vlka Fenryka and of Fenris. The Winter Guard's main purpose is to serve the fleshmakers, who gave them new life. Like the Valkyrie warriors from ancient terran myth, these choosers of the slain help the Wolf Priest recover the canis helix of fallen Sky Warriors. The Winter Guard are known by the Sky Warriors as Shield Maidens, tasked to protect their Iron Priest servitors, navigators, and at times accompany the Jarl's in battle as either messengers, or personal stewards to all Jarls of The Rout.

gallery_60350_6186_12847.jpggallery_60350_6186_10597.jpggallery_60350_6186_37295.jpggallery_60350_6186_25299.jpg
"NO MAN NOR BEAST COULD BEST THE WOLF-KING. NO TRIBE COULD STAND AGAINST HIS ARMIES. WITHIN RUSS' KINGDOM A TRUCE EXISTED BETWEEN MAN AND WOLF. HIS COURT WAS ATTENDED BY THE FIERCEST OF WARLORDS AND THE MOST BEAUTIFUL OF MAIDENS" - The Saga of The Wolf-King. (pg 8. Space Wolves Codex)

While Sky Warrior initiates are given various trials and the test of Morkai. The Winter Guard initiates are thrown in the depths of the Underfang, simply known by the mortals as "The Pit". The women who survive the horrors and unknown beast, are then made into Shield Maiden's. Swearing oaths of secrecy, in what horrors they seen and fought in the pit. There are twenty Winter Guard warriors per Great Company. Shield maidens are dressed in elegant carapace armour, always armed with a sword and shield at hand, while clad in pelts, bones, runes and trophies. Their pack leader is usually dressed with a specially fitted runic armour, made from kraken hides, carapace armour with a Dragonscale patter Storm Shield. These Winter Guards are not armed like the Aettguard, for they have full access to the Sky Warrior's armory, making them the elite of all the Kaerls who live in the Aett. It is said that while the men of Fenris are first given an axe, the women carry the shield that protects the tribe.

--EDIT--

Updated Font Size.

WIP/PIP
gallery_24878_5748_46133.jpggallery_24878_5748_69259.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_48650.jpggallery_24878_5748_1184.jpg
TiguriusX , inspired by the Inglorious Drunkards. My newest Fenris Hunter (Grey Hunter/Grey Slayer). This guy belongs to my third pack of Hunters.

gallery_24878_5748_23846.jpggallery_24878_5748_48367.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_37967.jpggallery_24878_5748_17760.jpg
Decoy, MoTW Fenris Hunter (Grey Hunter/Grey Slayer). This guy belongs to my third pack of Hunters.

gallery_24878_5748_33969.jpggallery_24878_5748_41889.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_35391.jpggallery_24878_5748_17863.jpg
hendrik, Fenris Hunter (Grey Hunter/Grey Slayer). This guy belongs to my third pack of Hunters.

Coming soon: ACT VI, twin-linked lascannon razorback, objective markers, Long Fangs and more Grey Hunters! Jonas Stromclaw, Levitas, Warhorse47, Wolf Lord Kieran, Chapter Master Ignis Domus and Brother Ramses.

--EDIT--
(Updated Font Size) Oh and on a side-note, and I hope this doesn't come off as sounding rude but, I'm not going to bother answering what parts and bits I've used, since other people just answer it for me! Anyway, B&C is the only place I ever go online to post my fluff and my work. But I'm starting to think of doing my own personal blog, or join a good one.. any suggestions? and if I do decide to join a blog, I would prefer one that has more freedom and less scheduling on when to post and when not to post. Thank you for looking!

Very cool!

Again, I love the dynamic legs. I have a tough time getting that kind of feel with mine. I know some of those legs are Berzerker legs, but do you do any re-posing of the standard legs to get those poses?

Also, how have you managed to get the Maruader heads to look good on the Power Armor bodies? I was trying some things out, but the necks on the Marauder heads are too short, and look weird just placed on the Power Armor. I had some luck cutting a bit off the bottom of an unused helmet and sticking that to the neck of the Marauder head, but it wasn't the cleanest method.

I don't see any marauder heads on these last three.

You could take a ball of greenstuff and sit it in the head socket and press the head into it.. it'll look like a collar or neckpiece or turtleneck from the bodysuit worn under the armor, etc. Atleast that's what I do with my marauder heads.

@MaveriK: Hendrik looks awesome and TiguriusX looks pissed! Awesome work. I think that tiny wolf piece on the butt of hendrik's mace is my favorite. I'm big on the small things ^^

gallery_24878_5748_15072.jpggallery_24878_5748_35718.jpg
My razorback for my Long Fangs

gallery_24878_5748_81834.jpggallery_24878_5748_23641.jpg

"Sails were the most distance-visible aspect of a boat, so they were often used to declare intention. A straw-yellow sail invited trade and barter. A purple sail indicated aett-mourning, the cut thread of a chief or a queen. A white sail, like the one dragging Fith’s wyrmboat, proclaimed open approach and embassy. A black sail, like the ones the Balt had come in under, was a treacherous sail, because it hid its declaration in the night, and thus defied the convention. A red sail was an open announcement of the intention to murder."- Prospero Burns

gallery_24878_5748_76953.jpggallery_24878_5748_17265.jpg

gallery_24878_5748_64166.jpggallery_24878_5748_36768.jpg
special thanks to Growler67, for the claymore sword bit shown above.

--EDIT--
Updated Font Size. Thank you for looking!

gallery_24878_5748_35391.jpggallery_24878_5748_17863.jpg

hendrik, Fenris Hunter (Grey Hunter/Grey Slayer). This guy belongs to my third pack of Hunters.

i approve this message, but why oh why did you made me cut my long manes? don't you remember my long ragnar like top knot? :)

ACT VI: Lost Companies

gallery_24878_5748_129703.jpggallery_24878_5748_65090.jpg

Skjald: who are you?
She-Wolf: I am Skadi, pack leader of the Vinteren Vakt.
Skjald: apologies, parts of my memory appear to still be in disarray. Vinteren Vakt you say?
She-Wolf: Winter Guard *says in low gothic* Shield Maiden of the Rout.
Skald: I see, Kaerl high guard. Vinteren Vakt is in Wurgen, war-cant and Shield Maiden is spoken in hearth-cant, Juvk.
She-Wolf: something like that.
Skjald: I am honored.

She-Wolf: honored you say? *chuckles* you amuse me skjald. I only live to serve, like you. The only difference between you and I is, I don't sleep in the cold like you, and you are far more valuable to the Rout.
Skjald: I don’t like the dark.. None of us chose to be there. We miss the firelight. We miss the sunlight. We’ve dreamed all the dreams they give us a hundred times over, a thousand times. We know them off by heart. We don’t choose the dark. We don’t like it.
She-Wolf: we?
Skjald: it’s nothing *looking amused* valuable you say? I’ve never thought about it like that. Why have you awakened me? why have I been summoned?

She-Wolf: it's not my place to ask, I was remade to serve the Fleshmakers and my Jarl. You and I are no different Casper Hawser. We were both rebuilt and remade for the better, to serve the Sky Warriors and not to ask questions, like a newborn whelp.
Casper Hawser: yes yes, true enough. The only difference between you and I, is that you’ve seen and been at more battles than I. *sounding frustrated* am I not fit to fight amongst the warriors of the Rout? I know how to fight! I know how to use the smile of an axe.
Skadi: we are all weapons for the Vlka Fenryka. Each of us has a purpose. Should the Jarl wish for you to fight along side the company, you shall. Should he wish you to return to your sleep

*Casper Hawser shuttered at the thought and quickly interrupts Skadi*

Casper Hawser: who is your lord?
Skadi: Jarl Ragnarok of Onn
Casper Hawser: Wolf Lord Ragnarok, of the First great company
Skadi: Yes
Casper Hawser: do my questions bother you?
Skadi: Yes *almost annoyed*
Casper Hawser: do you want me to stop asking questions?
Skadi: *grins at the man* are you that eager to seek for a true death? to sleep in the red snow?
Casper Hawser: fair enough Shield Maiden, Skadi.

The two continue walking in the dark halls of the Aett. The skjald looked cold, especially without his black fitted body suit like most skjald wore. Skadi hands her cloak, and Casper takes it eagerly. She is called the She-Wolf, gifted or some say cursed by Lakkan, the runed wolf. She has an athletes body, with noticeable female curves and a light tan on her skin. Looking strong and agile, yet her movements seemed almost graceful. She has long legs, and she moved more like a terran house cat. Casper noticed her long nails, and wolf fangs, both are strong enough to kill and tare a man in two. They were subtle, but noticeable enough from a second glance. She had long dark hair, that seemed to flow gently in the air. She looked savage, like those grim warriors of the Rout, but at the same time, Skadi was beautiful like all the Shield Maidens, and like that of someone in Casper’s past.

Casper’s eyes start to focus better in the dark. He could tell that Skadi was a taller woman, unlike most Fenrisian females. She had great posture, standing tall and proud. Her legs longer, like all the Winter Guard before her. Able to jump higher than an astartes, and run effortlessly alongside Fenrisian wolf packs. Skadi looked at you in the eyes when she spoke, it was intimidating and her eyes were fearless. Her eyes are like his, made to look like a wolfs. She was indeed a daughter of Fenris, and a warrior maiden worthy of the Wolf King's court.

Casper focused more on Skadi, as they traveled deeper in the labyrinth-like hallways of the mighty Aett. Skadi had many trophies, and rune stones that hung in her clothing. She had several pelts over her carapace armour. But she didn’t look bulky, or ugly the women from the Sisters of Battle. Skadi has a heavy looking shield that hung in her back, adorned with markings of protection, the shield was almost as tall as the woman, but it looked far more scarred in battle with a few bolter holes, and wolf tail talismans on the sides. Skadi carried a spear and two swords, along with several knives that hugged her ribs. But everyone knows those are just the tools, and that the true weapon are the woman of the Vinteren Vakt. Around her neck and between her breast was a simple wooden necklace, a carving of the Spirit Wolf totem.

Casper Hawser: So what has happened? the last I was awake was during the choosing of Jarl Arvek Kjarlskar successor. It was then that I met the first of your Winter Guard, Freija Morekborn. *Casper pauses* Her and I were very much the same, always asking questions, we were both the curious type. *Casper smiles* Landing us into more trouble and adventures along the way. Her and I became close... *Casper's mannerism changes, and Skadi picked up a hint of sadness in Casper's voice"

Casper Hawser: I’m told that she finally found the peace, she had longed for, while saving her Jarl Commander Enoch many years after I slept. I shall mourn for her, and honor her memory.
Skadi: what was she like? this Freija Morekborn?
Casper Hawser: she was a fierce warrior, stubborn but she was beautiful like you. She was special to me, as I was to her. Are all of the Shield Maidens beautiful? *almost jokingly*

Skadi continued walking in the dimly lit halls, while the skjald Casper Hawser followed from behind. Skadi did not know the notion of beauty, for she only knew death, honor and glory, worthy of a saga. *Morekborn’s linage continues to serve the Aett to this day. I wonder if this Casper had sired more of the Morekborns? Skadi thought to herself*

Skadi: I was not born in the Aett, I was taken by the Wolf High Priest Ulrik the Slayer. I’m told that I have a rare gift. A gift I know nothing about. The Rune Priest called littlbitz say he will take me away from the Winter Guard, and teach me in their ways. Under the watchful eye of the Stormcaller. But I care not for their magic’s... I prefer to be in the company of warriors, and of the claws. Forte, Greenhorn, Nrth, postal and the others

Casper Hawser: interesting
Skadi: *interrupts* the phantom wolves have returned to real space
Casper Hawser: the war wolves of Fenris?
Skadi: the very same
Casper Hawser: the lost warband of the true claw, Bjorn the fell-handed?
Casper: *looking excited*
Casper: the warband that was lost during the first great hunt?
Skadi: yes
Casper: *opening his mouth ready to ask another question*
Skadi: Fenris Holdja! The Fleshmaker (Wolf Priest) known as Max warned me about you *laughs to herself* I should have known better. This must have been another one of his test

gallery_24878_5748_72437.jpggallery_24878_5748_10977.jpg

(FLASHBACK)

hendrik: your emotions give you away Skadi, calm your storm and ignore the antics of Greenhorn.
Skadi: .........
hendrik: it takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous, and you are dangerous right Shield Maiden? enough to stand toe to toe against these Blood Claws
Skadi: yes... yes I am! *growls* I recognize my failing and will be sure to correct it
hendrik: good, or Jonas will have my head if I don't put you into shape! your going to be a great pack leader for the Vinteren Vakt one day, but until then you train and fight along side these whelps.

(END FLASHBACK)

gallery_24878_5748_127649.jpggallery_24878_5748_67712.jpg

Casper: a test?
Skadi: yes, to see if I would end up killing you, before you made it to the chamber of the annulus.

*shocked* Casper stops momentarily, and Skadi turns around, her eyes glow in the dark like those of wolves.

Casper: but isn’t it a Winter Guard’s duty to protect skjalds?
Skadi: yes, among other things, but you are safe for now Ahmad Ibn Rustah *sounding amused*
Casper: I recognize my failings and be sure to correct it *both Skadi and Casper smile, almost laughing at each others quick-wit and carefully thought-out remarks*
Skadi: their story needs to be told, and your tasked to do your job. Just as the Winter Guard do the same for the mortals who live here in the Fang, so that their names will not be forgotten in the history of the Aett.

The two finally enter the chamber of the annulus. Standing before them was Uncas the Warblade. Last of the Varangi, known as MaveriK by the senior members of the phantom wolves.

gallery_24878_5748_108856.jpggallery_24878_5748_29928.jpg

Uncas: skjald!
Casper: ....Varangi

Uncas: prepare yourself for their accounts, just don't get anyone's name wrong, like you did with the Trueclaw, or...
Casper: or?

*pauses*

Uncas: your my men will quickly cut your thread
Casper: understood Warblade of Fenris
Uncas: a title that no longer bares meaning in today's world
Casper: then you truly are the phantom wolf they speak of...
Uncas: one might say the same thing about you Casper Hawser

Uncas: I'll be at the "Grove of Heroes" amongst the forgotten name-stones of the Grand Annulus when you finish
Casper: understood Varangi

Uncas: good, I have business with the Wolf Blades
Casper: the Wolf Blades?
Uncas: yes, I want to see if our intelligence is still operational
Casper: what do you mean? operational?
Uncas: the Wolf Lord on holy terra once served two roles, his main being the Rout's spymaster
Uncas: the House of Belisarius literally has/had eyes and ears throughout the Imperium
Uncas: did you think having wolves on holy terra was coincidence?
Casper: I suppose I should have known better
Uncas: we all have our roles skjald
Casper: that we do, Varangi

Uncas: however, I'm told that the once honorable role of Wolf Blades, have degraded to nothing more than a band of punished outcast and bodyguards. I cannot allow this dishonor!
Casper: much has changed in my sleep and in your absence
Casper: I hope you find a way to restore the once honorable roles of the Wolf Blades on holy terra
Uncas: .........

Uncas: go now, my men are waiting for you. The Shield Maiden will stay at your side should you need anything, she is your protector, stay close to her, you are valuable to us
Uncas: *looking at Skadi* protect the man, I will summon you if I need anything
Skadi: understood!

gallery_24878_5748_139233.jpggallery_24878_5748_117801.jpg

It took several exhausting days for Casper to take-in all the accounts of the once lost warband. In all that time, Skadi of the Vinteren Vakt stayed beside the skjald.

Skadi: *sounding excited* we go now, to the "Grove of Heroes"
Casper: have you ever been there?
Skadi: once... but very briefly
Skadi: have you?
Casper: no, but lead the way Skadi of the Vinteren Vakt

Casper: how fitting to find you amongst the forgotten
Uncas: *looking around at the name-stones, and focusing back at the center, Leman Russ' name-stone* so many...
Casper: indeed, it truly is surreal being here, surrounded by all these name-stones
Uncas: the Rout have endured many wars, yet we still stand
Casper: so are you caught up with all the histories and sagas of the chapter?
Uncas: yes, but only the important stuff
Casper: I have finished the accounts of your men, of the lost warband
Uncas: *haha* lost, is that what we've come to?
Casper: ......

Uncas: you know I never really understood how my Jarl the Trueclaw felt until our return to real-space, until I had my moment alone with the now venerable old one

"It had always been painful, ever since Russ had gone. There had been no explanation, no words of comfort. One night, one midwinter’s night of storm-fury, the primarch had gone. Leman Russ had left without saying why, charging into the void as he always did, heedless of the danger, heedless of those he left behind. Did you know how angry that made me, that you never said why? He had fought differently when he’d been alive. Back then, many lifetimes ago, he’d raced into battle with Godsmote, and Oje, and Two-Blade, and their wyrds had been coiled together tighter than throttletwine. The Wolves around him now cut threads with the same peerless majesty as those of old, but it wasn’t the same. Bjorn knew the galaxy had aged, and he had not. He had no place here, not with the hot-blooded whelps who had inherited the mantle of the Aett. I think you knew.You knew I would hate this. You knew every moment would be torture for me.

He was busy killing. That was all he ever did. It was either stasis, or killing. Unconsciousness, or fury. You knew I would hate you. You, who left me to this fate. I would have pierced the veils of reality with you, marched with you to destiny, stood beside you against the enemy you knew was waiting. And I know what you were doing. You birthed this hate in me, as potent as the love I still cannot shake. If he’d possessed tear-glands, he would have wept. If he’d possessed a jawline, it would have been clenched into an eternal grimace of horror. If he’d possessed vocal cords, they would have trembled in a howl of utter, soul-burning anguish. For hate is the most powerful drive in the universe, and you needed to give me such power that the Wolves would never be without a defender."
- Bjorn the Fell-Handed

Uncas: my warband should have been there in his final days, before Bjorn was encased in his tomb
Casper: .......
Casper: we don't like the dark
Uncas: I know, my friend! yet the dark is all we know

Casper: the black name-stone in the annulus, will you continue to...
Uncas: it will remain that way!
Casper: for the lost? and the thirteenth
Uncas: for the thirteenth, but not for the lost
Casper: not for the lost?

Uncas: what happened to my warband was a tragedy, and what happened to the thirteenth is another matter
Uncas: but for all the those that came after my warband... they are NOT truly lost
Casper: I don't quite understand Warblade?
Uncas: after the First Battle of the Fang, and after the ill-fated successor chapter the Wolf Brothers
Uncas: it wasn't meant to-be!

Uncas: the Crimson King made sure to end the Sons of Russ project
Uncas: the successor route was not the way, or the answer for the chapter
Casper: yes, because the research was lost forever
Uncas: no, because it's not what the Wolf King would have wanted to begin with
Casper: then all those who came after you.....?
Uncas: a sacrifice
Casper: sacrifice?
Uncas: a great company has to endure and undertake a great sacrifice
Casper: what do you mean?

Uncas: since the Sons of Russ cannot have successor chapters, then the next best solution is to adapt
Uncas: after the first Battle of the Fang, it was clear that a contingency plan was needed to secure our place in the sagas

"we were made to destroy. Our whole being is destruction. Such was the will of the All-Father. He made us not to construct empires but to murder them. We were bred to perform the tasks that no other Legion could, to fight with such extravagance that even our brother warriors would shrink from treachery in the knowledge of what we, the Rout, would do to them." - Battle of the Fang

Casper: so what was or is this contingency plan?
Uncas: every few dozen or so years, a Wolf Lord is chosen to make the ultimate sacrifice... to be "lost" although history will say different
Casper: *looking shocked*
Uncas: those considered "lost" were/are instructed to find new territory and grow

Casper: are you implying that Jarl Sven Ironhand who revoked his oath and lead his Great Company into exile into the Eastern Fringes was intentional?
Casper: that and of Jarl Jotun Bearclaw's renegade Great Company, who refused to return to Fenris after fighting at Ichar IV, all because of the length of travel time involved, that was also intentional?

Uncas: what better way to keep suspicions at bay
Uncas: the Thousand Sons lost their might as a legion when they fought here on Fenris
Uncas: all those great companies that are considered "lost" are merely sleeping wolves, waiting to strike
Uncas: and I've come back to help the Vlka Fenryka prepare
Casper: prepare for what?
Uncas: for the wolf-time!

--EDIT--
Updated Font Size. Thank you for looking!

Appreciation of Vlka Fenryka. Hi there MaveriK!

You must be recieving tons of msgs like these but I wanted to send one anyway!

Your Vlka Fenryka army is by the most impressive Ive ever seen, fluff-wise, conversion-wise, paint-wise and "unique-wise". I myself strive to convert almost every model to infer a great dynamic aspect of my army. I take great inspiration from your army and I have been for awhile, dont worry Im not copying you by any means, I have far to great respect for the uniqueness of your Fenryka, I am merely gathering notes and advice how to approach certain aspects of the hobby.

I was wondering how you go about painting your armours? Was also wondering about some of the bits, like those shoulderpads on your counts-as Arjac for example, that are sort of "half-open", where did you get those?

I read through your profile too, and it seems we have a quite a bit in common actually. I too was born in another country than the one Im residing in (born and bred in Sweden now live in Australia), me and my friends were among the first to bring anime/manga to Sweden which I take great pride in :biggrin: and Im also greatly in to Martial Arts, having done both Capoeira and Karate in my younger days, and recently gotten into Kick-boxing. Iam just about to finish my bachelor degree in Forensic Biology and Toxicology to move on to a MBA in Forensic Anthropology. I do envy you tho having found a beautiful wife as nerdy as you! I find it really hard to meet girls that accept my nerdyness! Got any tips?? :biggrin:

I hope youre not too busy to answer, would appreciate anything really!

Thank you! /Rikochet

Thank you Wolf Brother! your words have helped motivate me. My paint-scheme is as follows: I base coat with Chaos Black primer. Then coat with a mix of Adeptus Battlegrey with a bit of Dheneb Stone. Dry brushed with Codex Grey (storm effect, dust). Washed with Badab Black. Dry brush edges with Fortress Grey, and Skull White.

The shoulder pads and most of my bits are all from Games Workshop. Look up everything from Orks, Chaos Knights, Beastmen, Chaos Marauders etc. I only use bits and pieces from GW, which in turn challenges me, to be more innovative and original with my work. I wanted to make my wolves, savage and grim. So it was down to using everything from Warhammer Fantasy to bits and pieces of fallen Chaos gear. My Warband is heavily influenced by the 13th Company, and both Prospero Burns and Battle of the Fang.

What I may lack in the painting department, from the likes of DV8, Levitas, Insane Psychopath, Iacton Qruze, and Wulfenbane just to name a few! I also lack in skill in the green-stuff department, but I more than make up for it by being innovative and original. Keeping my work as close to the roots of the Vlka Fenryka, and making my lost company, to look as dynamic, wild and as savage as possible.

I am to inspire, and be inspired by others here at the Fang, for there are many talented people here in B&C. Each one, offering far more than I could ever share, and imagine. My advice is to keep your mind and eyes open, for nice bits from every piece GW has to offer! be bold and be true to the Wolves, and from there anything is possible :wink: as for finding a beautiful nerdy woman? LOL I guess I got lucky! just remember what they say in Fenris... "When a man seeks the hand of a woman, he may have at most a dozen rivals. When a man seeks glory, the whole world is his rival" - Fenrisan Proverb (Space Wolf Omnibus)

--EDIT--

Updated Font Size

Appreciation of Vlka Fenryka. Hi there MaveriK!

You must be recieving tons of msgs like these but I wanted to send one anyway!

Your Vlka Fenryka army is by the most impressive Ive ever seen, fluff-wise, conversion-wise, paint-wise and "unique-wise". I myself strive to convert almost every model to infer a great dynamic aspect of my army. I take great inspiration from your army and I have been for awhile, dont worry Im not copying you by any means, I have far to great respect for the uniqueness of your Fenryka, I am merely gathering notes and advice how to approach certain aspects of the hobby.

I was wondering how you go about painting your armours? Was also wondering about some of the bits, like those shoulderpads on your counts-as Arjac for example, that are sort of "half-open", where did you get those?

I read through your profile too, and it seems we have a quite a bit in common actually. I too was born in another country than the one Im residing in (born and bred in Sweden now live in Australia), me and my friends were among the first to bring anime/manga to Sweden which I take great pride in :) and Im also greatly in to Martial Arts, having done both Capoeira and Karate in my younger days, and recently gotten into Kick-boxing. Iam just about to finish my bachelor degree in Forensic Biology and Toxicology to move on to a MBA in Forensic Anthropology. I do envy you tho having found a beautiful wife as nerdy as you! I find it really hard to meet girls that accept my nerdyness! Got any tips?? :D

I hope youre not too busy to answer, would appreciate anything really!

Thank you! /Rikochet

Thank you Wolf Brother! your words have helped motivate me. My paint-scheme is as follows: I base coat with Chaos Black primer. Then coat with a mix of Adeptus Battlegrey with a bit of Dheneb Stone. Dry brushed with Codex Grey (storm effect, dust). Washed with Badab Black. Dry brush edges with Fortress Grey, and Skull White.

The shoulder pads and most of my bits are all from Games Workshop. Look up everything from Orks, Chaos Knights, Beastmen, Chaos Marauders etc. I only use bits and pieces from GW, which in turn challenges me, to be more innovative and original with my work. I wanted to make my wolves, savage and grim. So it was down to using everything from Warhammer Fantasy to bits and pieces of fallen Chaos gear. My Warband is heavily influenced by the 13th Company, and both Prospero Burns and Battle of the Fang.

What I may lack in the painting department, from the likes of DV8, Levitas, Insane Psychopath, Iacton Qruze, and Wulfenbane just to name a few! I also lack in skill in the green-stuff department, but I more than make up for it by being innovative and original. Keeping my work as close to the roots of the Vlka Fenryka, and making my lost company, to look as dynamic, wild and as savage as possible.

I am to inspire, and be inspired by others here at the Fang, for there are many talented people here in B&C. Each one, offering far more than I could ever share, and imagine. My advice is to keep your mind and eyes open, for nice bits from every piece GW has to offer! be bold and be true to the Wolves, and from there anything is possible ;) as for finding a beautiful nerdy woman? LOL I guess I got lucky! just remember what they say in Fenris... "When a man seeks the hand of a woman, he may have at most a dozen rivals. When a man seeks glory, the whole world is his rival" - Fenrisan Proverb (Space Wolf Omnibus)

Aaah, thanks for the reply Mav! Thats how I thought you were going about it, I really like the dusty effect hey. Im doing something similar. I do a mix of Adeptus Battlegrey and Fenris Grey 2:1 or maybe rather 2:0.8, I like the dark gray with a tinge of blue, since Im not doing pre-heresy. Thinking I might try out the dusty effect and your way of highlighting!

I too severely suck at green stuffing, Ive been using a few chaos warrior, ork and elf bitz myself I just couldnt figure out the specific boxsets youve been using but Ill be sure to dig even deeper now! Ive gotten a spur of inspiration from brothers like yourself, Darkseer, DV8 and the rest of the bunch so a big thanks to all of you, really, I aspire to your greatness in this hobby! I just finished the battle of the fang two weeks ago and I have yet to read prospero burns and the wolf omnibuses, Im just reading the Legion as far as HH goes and Ill be starting Ragnars tales soon enough! Theres so much to take inspiration from I dont know where to start!!!

Haha I like the proverb. I dont have so much trouble getting girls I just have trouble keeping them!!! Maybe I should move to Canada??

WIP/PIP gallery_24878_5748_1184.jpg

TiguriusX , inspired by the Inglorious Drunkards. My newest Fenris Hunter (Grey Hunter/Grey Slayer). This guy belongs to my third pack of Hunters.

Anyway, B&C is the only place I ever go online to post my fluff and my work. But I'm starting to think of doing my own personal blog, or join a good one.. any suggestions? and if I do decide to join a blog, I would prefer one that has more freedom and less scheduling on when to post and when not to post. Thank you for looking!

Awesome model! I have been so busy with life I haven't even had time to check the forums. Now I can live vicariously through your Vlka Fenryka and feel a part of me is still enjoying all things Space Wolves

What is your goal with a blog? If your primary goal is freedom go indie. If you want to join something established my favorite Space Wolf blog is here

I believe Darkseer is involved and/or runs the blog and is worth contacting

What is your goal with a blog? If your primary goal is freedom go indie. If you want to join something established my favorite Space Wolf blog is here

I believe Darkseer is involved and/or runs the blog and is worth contacting

I believe Darkseer aka Adam had already approached MaveriK several months ago, along with other worthy and talented people here at B&C. Don't quote me on this but, I believe there was miscommunications.... and Mav had scheduling issues, having submitted his The Art of Symmetry and after waiting for two weeks, Mav decided to just post it here, at this thread. pg 8. post #183. Which I find funny now, since the Space Wolf blog appears to be posting more, and on a regular basis outside their normal schedule of Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Don't get me wrong, I love that blog! it's one of the best resources for us Wolves outside of the Fang here at B&C. Anyway, that's just my perception and I could be totally wrong :wacko: sorry for getting off topic! :D

@Mav, what happened to the roster? I believe, you had mentioned it before to Chapter Master Ignis Domus about your lost company warband. I think you should post it, and show your appreciation to all those greybeards, both past and present! ;)

The Greybeards "Snarlers" Grey Hunter/Grey Slayer pack.

gallery_24878_5748_52594.jpggallery_24878_5748_51230.jpg
First picture: Bran Scalphunter, Dark Bjoern and WolfLordLars. Second picture: Marek Grimfang, Jonny Wolf and Bran Scalphunter.

gallery_24878_5748_52613.jpggallery_24878_5748_8294.jpg
First picture: Bran Scalphunter, Dark Bjoern and WolfLordLars. Second picture: Jonny Wolf.

gallery_24878_5748_36811.jpggallery_24878_5748_39180.jpg
First picture: Heimdal, Feanwulf and DepthCharge. Second picture: DepthCharge, LoneSniperSG and Beef.

gallery_24878_5748_27822.jpggallery_24878_5748_62070.jpg
DepthCharge at the center of the Snarlers pack. This is my oldest plastic tactical squad, turned Grey Hunter pack. They have been remade, re-painted and re-fitted at least twice in their life-time (recycling miniatures, while saving money). It's only fitting to have them named and represented by those who have come and gone, here at this Fang. The Snarlers, is one of the names from both, Rogue Trader and Book of Astromonican Space Wolf packs.

--EDIT--
(Updated Font Size) Coming soon, The Howlers roster Grey Hunter/Grey Slayer pack. Thank you for looking! I'm also working on my GODSMOTE Version 2. (Arjac Rockfist)

Mav had scheduling issues, having submitted his The Art of Symmetry and after waiting for two weeks, Mav decided to just post it here, at this thread. pg 8. post #183

Took me a bit but I found the post you were talking about. My forum settings are at max display so this thread only has 7 pages for me :)

I found it at post #193

I remember that post! It was one of the last I saw before I drove cross country.

I love the dynamic posing and the color scheme.

Whether Maverik joins a group or goes indie remind him to protect his intellectual property. Looks like he has an interesting cast of characters waiting for their stories to be told

*This post does not constitute legal advice nor does it indicate an attorney/client relationship has been established

Archived