Acetone Free Nail Polish Remover, fantastic for stripping minis including plastic...unless you leave em in for 24 hours + in which case fantastic for melting plastic ;)

Ended up losing about half of the plastics I got in that ebay auction, but most of that was meh so I not too fussed and at least it wasn't something major like my Pred :)

Anyway I'm mainly doing clean up on the metals at the mo, in between painting my 1st Termie Squad and finishing Tac Squad 4.

I'll have some pics up of current progress by weeks end.

Melting things again I see. How very interesting! Hope you're ready for a mega-build-athon come Christmas. Also, I'll be bringing turkey/stuffing sandwiches, a 2L Dr. Pepper, fresh kebabs and cold beer of your choosing. We're gonna party like it's 1996.

• 2 weeks later...

@ zerodemon - I'm ready! Hope to have moved into a new place by then too :)

Got Termie Squad 1 pretty much done as well as started the final prep work on Tac Squad 6. Tac Squad 4 is a few Marines away from completion as well. I'm finding the pred difficult to approach, but I'm hopeful I'll find a way around the difficulties it's currently presenting.

Pic update sometime over the Weekend.

Pic update earlier than planned.

Termie Sarge

gallery_39897_5762_1394929.jpg

Assault Cannon

gallery_39897_5762_960822.jpg

Stumped on what colour to do the feathers?

Basic Termie

gallery_39897_5762_1614860.jpg

Other 2 are pretty much identical.

And a pre GS preview of my Chapter Master

gallery_39897_5762_149832.jpg

Need to finish alterations in iconography and give him some more hair :P

Couple of bits still to paint on Tac Squad 4, but I'll hopefully have them done by the weekend.

Comments/Criticism if you got em :P

Got Tac Squad 4 finished and have now pulled out Scout Squad 1, also have a Bike and Attack Bike to finish as well as the Pred which I'm still umming and ahhhing over ;)

Also has anyone tried fitting a Sang Guard Jump Pack on Ezekiel the DA Libby? A normal Jump Pack just doesn't fit right and I'd rather know if a Sang Guard one will before I buy one, as money is very tight at the mo.

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly finished my Bolter Scouts :)

I've pretty much stuck to the scheme I worked up a couple of pages ago, except I've really dulled down the metals and made them look quite muted in comparison to the rest of the army.

I see my Scouts as black ops teams who know the importance of not being seen :lol:

I'll try and get some pics up by the Weekend but as my housemate is moving out tomorrow I wont have access to a daylight bulb anymore, so I'l have to work up some alternate lighting :rolleyes:

Edited by Razblood

• 2 weeks later...

At long last I present here the pic update of my first Scout Squad.

Please let me know what you think of the scheme :)

Scout Sarge

gallery_39897_5762_340000.jpg

Scout Heavy

gallery_39897_5762_97379.jpg

Scout 1

gallery_39897_5762_164515.jpg

Scout 2

gallery_39897_5762_327070.jpg

Scout 3

...no pic, because it came out really blurry and I didn't have time to take another :P

Squad Shot

gallery_39897_5762_355320.jpg

I'll try and get another update soon, but RL is getting pretty messed up at the mo so I'm not sure when that will be -_-

But as usual, Comments & Criticisms welcomed :)

i dont think it quite fits with the rest of the chapter personally..

"if it were me" id either make them wear the standard chapter colours or go fully stealthy cammo look on them. but thats just my opinion.

Really like the termies and the scouts....although I'd to agree with the above comment, it's make them grey and black as I don't see scouts wearing white or the like bright colours.

Keep it up though mate, banging through them now.

• 2 weeks later...

If I do any more to the Scouts it'll be a ways down the line.

Been smegged up by a nasty little inner ear infection for the past week, but still managed to get my paint on :)

Redeco'd the Imperial Fist I painted for my Army Painter test as a Crimson Fist. Really very happy with how it turned out and I'll get a pic or two up in the next few days.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the ear infection turned out to be more of a bother than expected (being that my eardrum is totally screwed :confused: ) and the fact that my hours at work have gone up (for who knows how long?) so I haven't got much of anything done.

Although after careful consideration I decided to redo the Black areas on the Scouts in White, which I do think looks better; but I am going to keep the original Scout scheme for a future project as I found a nice black recipe while doing it....

I will be getting some pics of the updated Scouts and the lone Crimson Fist up asap, also some WIP stuff for my long lost Chaos force :down:

So to anyone still interested, normal service will be soon resumed ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally pics :P

Scout update -

gallery_39897_5762_634352.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_917063.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_67557.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_474671.jpg

Crimson Fist, thought i'd try out the scheme -

gallery_39897_5762_1445852.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_357972.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_300712.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_391221.jpg

Lighting was pretty bad, so I think I'll try and get a couple of better shots of this guy at some point.

WIP Chaos Lord, felt like a change and had a spare Azzy knocking about.

gallery_39897_5762_214974.jpg

He's about 40 - 50% complete, after which I have to figure out a scheme for my Chaos boys :lol:

Anyway, comments and criticisms if you have them ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update, since I realized it's been a while :lol:

Salvage Pred is a go! Got most of the work done on it and will be finishing it off in short order (well up to the pre-weathering/iconography stage).

Tac squad 5 is also about 30-40% complete.

Looking at what I've done compared to whats left I noticed that I'm about 2 1/3's of the way through the company, which means I'm lagging behind as we are now over 3 1/4's through the year :lol:

Anyway, my aim is still to have a full company done by years end at which point I will be moving onto my next army.

Not sure what that will be though....Do I hunt the Fallen or do I join the Eternal Crusade ;)

I'll get some more pics up within the next week or so.

Until then may your battles be cakewalks and your paintwork ever smooth :)

Another quick wordy update.

Got a bit sidetracked this evening , so rather than painting I started kitbashing :P

I've ended up with a 9 man Assault Squad to accompany Gabe Seth and a Chaplain model which I knocked together a while ago as well as an apothecary to act as a Sanguinary Priest, therefore creating my first allied contingent :P

They're mostly built out of spares and salvage jobs and will be showcased once I get light good enough take reasonable pics.

Think I may be a bit short on shoulderpads though, so I may just have to order some Flesh Tearer ones soonish.

Looking as great as ever Raz! Really looking forwards to seeing your Chaos Lord completed, I may just nick that plasma pistol with the lascannon barrel decoration for my own Chaos army in future...

In regards to the scouts, I think maybe thickening the pupils in the eyes will help to make it go a long way as they kinda look a tad bit too thin like cat's eyes currently in my humble opinion. :)

Looking forwards to seeing more! :P

Cambrius

Cheers Cambrius :)

I get what you mean with the Scout eyes, but to be honest I'm wishing I'd replaced the heads entirely as they are terrible :D

I have some Cadians knocking about so I may just rip off the Scout heads :D

As for the Chaos Lord, feel free to half-inch the pistol deco :)

It'll probably be a while till I get round to working on him more as I'm focusing on getting my Flesh Tearers allied contingient and another couple of units of my White Stars done first.

Everyone gets the fist bug some time or another lol

Looking good with the updates fella, if you're in sure about eyes do little by little strokes, if you try and do the white all at once you'll more than likely fail, nice easy strokes and keep your breathing even.

When we playing on xbox again

Well I just thought I'd give it a go just to see how I felt about the scheme and I found it much more pleasant to paint than my DIY :P

I seriously think I will just replace the Scout heads, I just really don't like them.

I'll be on XBOX in the evenings during the week, not too sure about exact times though :( and I've been getting back into Space Marine a bit ;)

I get what you mean with the Scout eyes, but to be honest I'm wishing I'd replaced the heads entirely as they are terrible B)

I wouldn't worry about painting eyes mate. even when i have the patience and no shakey hand syndrome, when i do accidentally paint the eyes mentally i always just want to bin them and start again :lol:

i just don't bother with them usually, it usually doesn't make much difference. And the pro's that do manage to pull it off do the eyes so small its mad..

I have a kind of OCD about painting eyes B) I've done it on every model I've painted since I started.

So even if they end up looking like a really spaced out manga character my minions will have eyes, plus I have a fancy new Insane Detail brush from Army Painter which I've yet to try; hopefully that should make things look better :lol:

Well it had to happen eventually....heres a pic update :D

First things first. Some of you may remember a Predator I salvaged from e-bay some time earlier in this blog, well here are some updated pics of it ;)

gallery_39897_5762_707960.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_1745908.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but I feel it looks a million times better now :)

And as a deviation from our irregularly scheduled Chapter....Flesh Tearer test scheme :)

gallery_39897_5762_860068.jpg

I'm really happy with the way this turned out, however it has resulted in me expanding my allied contingent into a small useable force in it's own right which will contain:

Gabe Seth (With a new paintjob)

5-man Honourguard

Dread

!0-man Assault Squad

6-man DC with Chappy

Thats pretty much all I have knocking about at the mo, but I will probably expand on it in the future.

Anyway I will be folding the work I do on these guys into this blog and so here are the next subjects to receive the attention of my brush :)

gallery_39897_5762_652306.jpg

gallery_39897_5762_860548.jpg

Just got the basecoat of Mephiston Red on (really like how smooth this goes on ;) )

I've got a bit further on the Dread since these were taken and he is ready for them metal s and Black to be done, so I'll hopefully have some more pics up soonish.

Until then comments and/or criticisms if you have em ;)

Another update is imminent :jaw:

Updated pic of the Flesh Tearers Dread, Seth's Honour Guard, the Chappy with Death Company and something a little different :jaw:

Hopefully I'll have time to get the pics up tomorrow, if not then it'll be Friday :jaw:

Until then - "To forgive is foolishness, but to forget is heresy!" :jaw: