Very cool color choices on the Brute.  I would worry about using it on marines though.  Without so much surface area to work with, the indigo and black might not stand out as well against one another.

Also, instead of yellow, maybe try a very bright green?  The yello works just fine, but it might be interesting to use all cool colors and see what you get.

The Hell Brute has almost the same colours as my Bahltimyr Reavers ^_^  It looks good ^_^

The Hellbrute is a mini that I've been avoiding painting :(  I might adopt a similar paint job as yours (with some differences) when I get around to it.

@ Firepower - It's actually more Violet than Indigo in the flesh (my lighting sucks), so I chose Yellow as the spot colour because when I tried Green it looked very muted. As for the Marines, I'm gonna use the Purple as a spot colour on them where applicable so the primary scheme will be Black & Steel :)

@ Aquilanus - I was very tentative about painting it, which is why I did it first to get it out of the way :laugh.:

Thanks for the comments guys, now here are the pics of my first cultist

med_gallery_39897_5762_624100.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_576241.jpg

I'm not too sold on the Red fuel hose and might redo it as a dirty Yellow, which would help it fit more with the Brute scheme.

Interesting model to paint, but it took me way longer than a marine does so I hope I can do the others a bit faster :laugh.:

Here is what I'm currently working on

med_gallery_39897_5762_1753891.jpg

This will be my Chaos Lord armed with my takes on the Burning Brand and the Murder Blade :devil:

I'm only doing construction and tidying at the moment as I will be focusing on my Feb PtR vow and final part of my LPC vow from tomorrow.

C & C welcome as always

Edited by Razblood

Well here's the final Dark Angel from DV complete and the end of my LPC Vow

med_gallery_39897_5762_7522.jpg

And with a minor modification here is my completed PtR vow for Feb

med_gallery_39897_5762_514608.jpg

Gonna take a short break now whilst I figure out what to paint next :lol:

Comments & Criticism welcomed and appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

Your paintings REALLY improved, your usage of the brush, highlights and washes are getting better and better each new batch of marines.

Well done for sculpting them legs on that daemon....well done indeed fella.

Many thanks for the kind words/emoticons :lol:

I have really been working on improving, though I now really need to get some new brushes :sweat:

Update on the Chosen - I've finished the Black & Metal areas and have started blocking in the Purple bits. The plan is to have any organic looking areas such as cables and tongues in Purple to tie the scheme in with the Helbrute.

Just have to wait and see if I can pull it off.

Well after an evening of painting here is the finished Termie Chaplain.

med_gallery_39897_5762_906850.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_519995.jpg

I noticed that I forgot to wash the bullet feed, before any of the eagle eyed among you point it out :P

I've also got the banner bearer to a basecoated stage, but I'm gonna hold off finishing him until I

A: Finish the Assault Squad.

B: figure out what banner I'm gonna give him and get a design done :lol:

C&C requested and welcomed.

Another addition to my PtR, which is the special task for my redemption vows, I present the Banner Bearer :)

med_gallery_39897_5762_674136.jpg

Really quite happy with this, being only the second time I've tried a freehand banner.

C&C appreciated as always :)

Cheers :)

Trying to work myself up to doing the freehand chapter badges on my Assault Squad (I've run out of decals :( ) right now, though I think I'll leave it till I get a couple of days off in the week and am not so tired :lol:

After I finish them it's back to the Chosen :)

However with regards to the Chaos Lord, well there's been a slight change of plan which I'll illustrate soon ;)

Well here is the very last vow in my PtR and the last bit of DA stuff I'll be painting for a while, may I present the Assault Squad.

med_gallery_39897_5762_636114.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_48096.jpg

I'll do one more set of pics showing all the DA stuff together during the week, now back to the Chosen.

C & C welcomed and appreciated :wink:

Edited by Razblood

Glad you like em :)

As for the Emp's Champ I cut his entire left arm off at the shoulder joint so that I could alter the pose slightly and then cut the arm away flush with the bottom of the shoulder pad.

The right arm was cut just below the elbow, pretty much where the gauntlet ends and the forearm begins.

Here's a pic to show what I ended up with. (He was going to be an Angry Champion originally :lol: hence the hand conversion)

med_gallery_39897_5762_457318.jpg

the only other cutting I did after this was to separate the left arm from the shoulder pad.

I'm actually using the arms in a conversion of Azrael in order to create my own Chapter Master for my DIY.

Hope that helps :)

Second cultist heavy is done, though I just noticed that I forgot to shade down his pendant cord :angry:

med_gallery_39897_5762_1272873.jpg

I'm gonna focus on doing the cultists for now in groups of 4 so I can get them done at a decent pace without burnout. After that I will finish off the Chosen and then the Daemon Prince. Following all this I still have 20 Chaos Marines and 20 Zerkers and an old badly converted Rhino to paint up, so I've got plenty to keep me busy over the next few months.

I'm also currently considering scrapping the whole company idea for my White Stars and just sticking with what I've got, therefore freeing up some marines to be re-allocated to the Flesh Tearers and Dark Angels.

Let me know your thoughts on this :)

So after a lot of consideration I have decided to not continue building my DIY chapter to company size.

I think I just got burned out painting white armour to be honest :( However I am not done with them as I still need to paint 10 Assault Marines, 5 bolter Devs, a Landspeeder (if I can get hold of one cheap) a redeco of my current Captain as my Chief Libby, my scratchbuild Telion proxy (made from an old DA Sgt. Namaan) and my Chapter Master conversion (who will be proxying Sicarius).

After the pruning I still have around 3500 points worth of them and a few spare squads and tanks to add to my Flesh Tearers and Dark Angels respectively :)

So there will be a LOT more to come in this thread :lol:

Update time with four more Cultists on the finished side of things.

med_gallery_39897_5762_576836.jpg

I've decided to theme each squad by giving them a spot colour, red for the ranged guys and yellow for the melee guys.

Overall I'm quite happy with how they've come out and now I only have 12 more to do, less being a good thing :lol:

C&C if you have them :)