ultramarine dice

As I am in the process of moving I currently haven't got Internet access at home and at work image sites like photobucket are blocked, so I'm afraid I can't see the images.

Is there any chance you can host the images on the B&C rather than on a photo sharing site?

ill send you an email asap..

so far the favourite option seems to be the blue/green with gold.. is everyone happy with this option to replace the scarb blue with gold choice?

ill send across TECs artwork see if he cant run up another sample

I agree the symbol of the sample was a little off. As nice as it would be to have a little skull inside of the 'U' I'd have to vote for no skull bottom right option. Nice plain blue with pure white 'U' symbol.

In fact split mine 25 regular blue and white and 15 red and white. Thanks.

ive changed that for you

this is the dice colour people seem to be favouring.. im going to have to go with consensus on following decisions a weve only the one colour option left.

do we all agree to use this colour as a replacement?

people can still change thier colours to one of the existing options if they wish, just let me know

http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Gemini/images/Gemini3BlueGreen_thum.jpg

ive sent across TECs artwork, ive only included the plain 'u' and not the skull option.. everyone seemed to favour the plain artwork instead.

thanks TEC for sorting that for me.. ill let you all know what response i get

I'm not clear on if everyone favors the ℧ by itself because they think the skull can't be done properly or if they just like it less. I'll go with whatever the majority prefer but have a slight preference for the w/skull version, due to the "this side up" effect it provides and the fact that the full Chapter symbol actually does have a skull (....and 3 bars, and a sunburst).

In any case, I'd be interested in knowing if Chessex CAN do the skull version, for future reference, if nothing else.

Limitations and Possibilities

• This is not a photographic process. Full color is not available.

• Any line graphic or text is possible.

• Very fine detail can be achieved.

• Production runs of 10 dice or more are possible.

• This unique process and great Chessex dice colors are a fantastic combination.

Honestly, I think they very probably CAN do it. They have dice patterns with elaborate Celtic knots, a dice with several entire lines of text, and other crazy-detailed stuff, so a skull probably isn't remotely an issue.

Honestly, I was kinda wondering if they could get that stray pixel sized dot off to the left side. I doubt it, but it'd be kinda cool if that's the level of detail they can achieve (that spot is part of the aforementioned "stencil" effect on the original. Like a stray spot of paint).

For the record, I'm currently still(-ish) setup like this-

TEC: 50

- 20 Blue

- 5 Red

- 20 Gemini Blue-Green w/ Gold

- 5 Vortex Blue w/ Gold

For the record, I'm currently still(-ish) setup like this-

TEC: 50

- 20 Blue

- 5 Red

- 20 Gemini Blue-Green w/ Gold

- 5 Vortex Blue w/ Gold

updated, ill find out in my next email if they are capable of doing the full works.. ill use the images you posted earlier

I'm not clear on if everyone favors the ℧ by itself because they think the skull can't be done properly or if they just like it less. I'll go with whatever the majority prefer but have a slight preference for the w/skull version, due to the "this side up" effect it provides and the fact that the full Chapter symbol actually does have a skull (....and 3 bars, and a sunburst).

I simply don't like the skull. Plain ℧ for me, thank you. :yuck:

In fact split mine 25 regular blue and white and 15 red and white. Thanks.

ive changed that for you

this is the dice colour people seem to be favouring.. im going to have to go with consensus on following decisions a weve only the one colour option left.

do we all agree to use this colour as a replacement?

people can still change thier colours to one of the existing options if they wish, just let me know

http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Gemini/images/Gemini3BlueGreen_thum.jpg

ive sent across TECs artwork, ive only included the plain 'u' and not the skull option.. everyone seemed to favour the plain artwork instead.

thanks TEC for sorting that for me.. ill let you all know what response i get

Very.....4th Company......*shakes fist at Ventris*

new design ala TEC

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/DSCN0887.jpg

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/DSCN0886.jpg

is everyone happy with the green/blue with gold as a direct replacement.. ill change those who have agreed, but i maye have to send some pms to expidite matters..

also we need to come to an agreement about the skull or no skull... some of the guys are adamant the dont want it and others would like it..

however that would be 2 different designs and the costs would increase

my own personal feelings is that id rather not have the skull, but if the vote is to have it included then ill be ok with that too

I vote for NOT including the skull. It makes the thing too busy and I would prefer the standard "U" to be very easily identified.

Of course, I'm flexible if I'm out voted on this.

I know the full Ultramarines symbol includes a skull and all the rest of the trimmings, but we can't have all of those bits in there so we may as well stick to the recognisable basics.

I like the new prototype!

Not that I want to be a jerk about it, but I'm not flexible on the skull matter if the vote goes that way. If it does, then it does... but I don't want dice with that design, so if that's what the majority wants for the design then I'll be bowing out.

i think thats the kicker, we cant just have the skull design as too many people want the basic..

the only other option is to do a 'twin' order and have a number of dice made with the skull emblem.. this wouldnt chnage the price per for the current 'non skull' design (aslong as we till have 500 made at this design).. but it would mean an increase in price for eveyone wanting a skull design

Archived