Carcharadons

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Machinepriest/Hobby/Fourbrothers800.jpg

I'm not that confident with my painting skills and this is actually the first time I'm posting a finished model online.

Lol what? Your painting skills rock. Keep the sharks rolling... Well swimming.

These are by far some of the best painted marines I have seen on here. Simple paint job that's not hard to replicate for an entire army. Can't wait to see how you do up some Command figures.

Bravo, brother! A MK4 was asked for and a MK4 was received! I've gotta say you have given me high expectations for your future work (no pressure)! :tu:

Just a quick update.

I'm just about done with two more marines.

Working on a Plasma and Meltagun at the moment.

I painted the sand on these bases different since I wasn't that satisfied with my previous technique.

Problem is, I now have to redo the bases for the three previous marines... Something I'm not looking forward to.

Not sure how I will do this to be honest as they all have static grass on them which means I can't just repaint them.

Damn this is gonna be hard work :tu:

Just a quick update.

I'm just about done with two more marines.

Working on a Plasma and Meltagun at the moment.

I painted the sand on these bases different since I wasn't that satisfied with my previous technique.

Problem is, I now have to redo the bases for the three previous marines... Something I'm not looking forward to.

Not sure how I will do this to be honest as they all have static grass on them which means I can't just repaint them.

Damn this is gonna be hard work :tu:

Cut them off the basses mate....it will save you a lot of hassle

My first minimum size squad is complete! :lol:

Yeah yeah, I know you can only field special weapons in 10-man squads.

But I'm getting there! Slowly...

I'm quite happy with the contrast the plasma coils gives the squad.

It really pops (Literally)...

Magnetized special weapons:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Machinepriest/Hobby/Plasma-Melta800.jpg

5 Violent bastards:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Machinepriest/Hobby/5Mansquad01800.jpg

New bases:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Machinepriest/Hobby/5Mansquad02800.jpg

Very happy with how the new bases look.

Thanks for looking, and stay out of the water :thanks:

Very nice work :) Btw I just had a great idea on how to make corvus pattern helmets look more ferocious. The way I see it, a marine issued with this helmet would take advantage of the fact that the helmet comes to a point, prefect for impaling enemies with your face! So what I would do is sharpen the beak a little and splatter blood all over the helmet

These Space Sharks are superb, the three shades of grey really complement each other with the lightest grey giving them a sharkey feel without going over the top. Plus the forgeworld parts take them to another level. Despite the Space Sharks fluff sounding like it was written by a 5 year old girl [no pupils, float around in space, strike without warning, fondness for tuna etc.] these are double hard. Nice work mate.

What mark is the sarge going to be?

I'm thinking Errant Armour for the Sergeant.

Maybe a skull hanging from his belt.

High collar and the beefy shoulders from the Company Champion that's apparently part of the Errant Armour according to IA:10.

Will probably do some conversion work on him as well, making the legs look a bit different from the MK VII Aquila legs.

Thanks a lot people ^_^ Glad you like 'em.

Keeps me motivated!

What mark is the sarge going to be?

I'm thinking Errant Armour for the Sergeant.

Maybe a skull hanging from his belt.

High collar and the beefy shoulders from the Company Champion that's apparently part of the Errant Armour according to IA:10.

Will probably do some conversion work on him as well, making the legs look a bit different from the MK VII Aquila legs.

Thanks a lot people :P Glad you like 'em.

Keeps me motivated!

Great idea for the Sergeant. I'm all in favor to see some Errant armor tossed into the mix.

Wonderful sharkies, keep 'em coming! ^_^

Really nice work !

Love the grey and the bases.

Have you planned some tattoos in the armor ?

And will you mix some differents bitz of armors ?

Like MKII shoulder pads with MKV armor for an exemple ?

Very nice work :rolleyes: Btw I just had a great idea on how to make corvus pattern helmets look more ferocious. The way I see it, a marine issued with this helmet would take advantage of the fact that the helmet comes to a point, prefect for impaling enemies with your face! So what I would do is sharpen the beak a little and splatter blood all over the helmet

Or you could paint sharks mouth/teeth on the beekie pattern helmets. Like they did on the nose of aircraft in WWII and Vietnam.

Would probably look too silly but just a thought.

Very nice work :) Btw I just had a great idea on how to make corvus pattern helmets look more ferocious. The way I see it, a marine issued with this helmet would take advantage of the fact that the helmet comes to a point, prefect for impaling enemies with your face! So what I would do is sharpen the beak a little and splatter blood all over the helmet

Or you could paint sharks mouth/teeth on the beekie pattern helmets. Like they did on the nose of aircraft in WWII and Vietnam.

Would probably look too silly but just a thought.

It would be quite reminiscent of the old RT days though. That sort of thing was pretty commonplace back then, afaik.

Lol, thats a ridiculous idea, BassWave.

I just read helsreach. Grimaldus, the black templar reclusiarch , dealt quite a few killing blows to orks by "using his head". Just thought a particularly blood thirsty space shark would do the same, especially with the aid of a sharpened corvus helm :P

Oh my..... these are some ace Carcharodons! I hate finding threads like this, I could have an idea in my head for the perfect Chapter to work on next and then this comes along and BAM! I no longer think of that project but now going for the Charcarodons..... if only I could afford the FW books. Cannot wait to see more!

Archived