Carcharadons

Thank's a lot for the response guys!

I'm overwhelmed :)

About the Corvus helmet, I think I'll leave it as it is.

Even though the thought of a marine beating someone to a pulp with his helmet really appeal to me :D

Race Bannon: Not sure I'll include Scouts in the list.

Perhaps a 5 man unit in the future, but I will definitely have tanks and Dreads :)

I'm planning to get a Ironclad from Forgeworld.

Maybe even sculpt a sharks head for the seismic hammer.

It comes with a eagle head which I'm not that keen on.

I'm working on some Errant pattern legs for the squads Sergeant at the moment.

After that I think I'll try to finish the Squad, or I'll paint a Terminator just to try something different.

And then there's good ol' Tyberos that needs buying :D

RRChristensen: Can't blame you for thinking like that. Space Wolves look awesome in true grey armour with some black and yellow markings.

Damn it... Now I got Wolves on my mind... :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

As this army is a work in progress I got the thread moved to the WIP forum.

So, what's new?

I've been working on the Sergeant in MK8 armour that I might not even use.

Not that happy with him to be honest, so I may not even paint him up.

Think I'll go with one in an older armour mark instead, not sure how I want him to look though.

To get my spirits up I decided to paint something different for the army, so here's my first Carcharodon Terminator:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Machinepriest/Hobby/ACTerminator01800.jpg

Assault Cannon details:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Machinepriest/Hobby/ACTerminator02800.jpg

As you can see it has a few subtle differences from the standard Terminator.

I added studs to the left leg, cut off the little targeting array / light thingie on the torso and I also shaved off the Crux Terminatus from his left shoulder pad.

The Terminator pictured in Badab War Part II didn't have one and I thought it looked good so I went for two bare shoulders.

More areas to put decals on as soon as Forgeworld gets their arse in gear! ;)

He also has a slightly modified helmet as you might have noticed.

All in all, I'm quite happy with this one.

Here's a photo of him together with his power armoured friends.

I like group photos, they make me feel like the force is actually growing and that I've accomplished something.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Machinepriest/Hobby/Termieandfriends01800.jpg

Thanks for looking B)

Thanks a lot for the feedback people!

Next up is another Marine in Corvus armour.

Might give him a bare head this time which kinda scares me as I'm not used to painting skin.

I really like the subtle weathering, too. Do you just go along with a small brush adding random little splotches/lines?

The scratches are done with sponge and brush -_-

With all the work you did on the armour the shoulder pads come out a little plain. Perhaps that's just photography.

I agree that the shoulders look a bit plain.

But I'm leaving them like that until Forgeworld gets their arses in gear and release Carcharodon transfers.

Which I'm getting a bit tired of waiting for...

As of now they are just black with two highlights and some scratches.

First off, amazing work. I'm loving what you've done and you've got my magpie-mind thinking about my own Charcaradons now.

I've heard that Charcaradon transferes are gonna be one of the next few FW releases so hopefully you won't have to wait too long for them.

What I would really love to see is some of the tribal tattoos on the armour and bare heads of these guys. The artwork in Badab Wars really gives them New Zealand/islander feel that I think is really cool. Maybe take a look at some Space Wolf bits with teeth necklaces and stuff.

Again, great work and I'll be following this one closely

PHM

Another Marine for the Tactical Squad is done.

Quite a benchmark for me (Is that the right expression?) as it is my first real try at painting human skin.

I think it turned out quite well!

Not as happy with the facemask though, but I painted it late at night and I was tired... Plus that the sculpt wasn't very good.

There was no clear line between the mask and the face which forced me to paint it which didn't turn out that great.

The eyes are all black, but not because painting eyes at that scale sucks but because Carcharodon Space Marines have eyes like that :P

At least senior members which in my book is everyone with full Marine genetics, everyone in the chapter but the Scouts that is.

Really happy with the pose as well.

Ready to deliver a facefull of chainsaw-bayonet!

But now when I'm looking at the photos I see that the studded shoulder pad looks like crap.

Gotta sort that out.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Machinepriest/Hobby/Nohelmet01800.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Machinepriest/Hobby/Nohelmet02800.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Machinepriest/Hobby/6MenandTerminator800.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

For a first time doing skin tones, thats perfect. As was ,emtioned above, the mix is good and its not too heavy on the highlights or shading.

Maybe you might want to paint the face mask in white to match the rest of the unit but with the light skin you have it may blend in too much.

Two words: MORE TATTOOS!

PHM

Thanks guys! :)

Glad to hear you like him.

I thought about giving him a white face mask, but I decided against it since his skin is so pale.

I felt he needed the contrast of a dark mask.

I'm working on another bare head now, a screaming, scarred head without a mask this time!

Skin is done, now I only need to paint the bionics and uhm... A whole body for him ;)

I think I will make him a Sergeant.

Just waiting for a Powerfist and bionic arm from Forgeworld.

Archived