Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

Stobz:

Incredible MotR, brother. What I really like: the blues on the exhaust which tie nicely with the power sword, the front eagle and wings (great shading), and the BASE (which I'm now paying attention to). What I like: your standard attention to details - book skull, open well headers, and the handle bar grip matching the sword's. Great work!

FC

CnC appreciated, I realise he is no E_E masterpiece but let me have it!!!

:)

stobz

Edit: Off to bed now :blink:

First, hoping you are feeling better a week-ish later.

On to the model: I really, really like it, I'm keeping those images for inspiration when I get around to working on mine (although I have to buy one first and it will be Finecast - probably blech). I think it's awesome! You did a great job.

I really like the robes. I think they look fantastic being a little "rough". I like your black, the highlighting, and the darker metal trim. I'm loving the brass/bronze trims on the jetbike and I really dig the connection of color between the grip of the sword and the bike grips.

I am not feeling the metal Mechanicus symbol, I think that were I to do it differently, I would have done a really dark metal for the "black" and a bright silver for the white to keep it metal. Compared to some of your previous work, the sword has too many bolts, it's just too much to my eyes. I also think you should have done a little work rounding off the shield to fit in the top of that bonnet so that there weren't edges falling onto the eagle prow.

On the other hand, I think it's awesome that you did the little signal lights on the wings. To be honest, I don't think that I ever would have thought to do anything like that, so serious kudos on that. Your freehand work on the model is fantastic, really digging that book. The glow on the plasma cannon and the turbines is also great, I really like that you can do such a nice effect on those parts, it adds so much to the model. The text on the purity seals is also awesome. Best of all though, I really like that you did NOT go with the "blue-ish" tinted white eagle. The darker metallic grey style eagle looks so nice associated with the rest of the dark jetbike. Overall, you've done a fantastic job with this miniature, I think you should feel extremely proud of your work. Also, I really like this model better without the cape. So glad you did that.

Now, I will not be joining your Pathetic Old Geeks club, because I really don't feel like associating myself with possibly being a rear echelon. ;) In that situation, I think I'd almost prefer being a Fobbit.

That's a fantastic bit of CnC Bryan, Cheers.

I totally agree on the sword, I have been concidering redoing it since I posted it. I may use Michaels artwork version of Belials as inspiration.

I'll leave the Mechanicus symbol and shield alone for now but I will concider their future...

My club is not about rear echelons; the POGs, much like Cohen the Barbarian go forward and kick some MAJOR butt. But we give peace a chance first...one chance.

Stobz

Edited by Stobz

I do like the lights too - it's a nice touch. I usually add them to my speeders too as a little extra detail.

facmanpob, if you need to remember which side and colour goes where, try the following mnemonic:

No red port left in the bottle.

In other words, the red light is on the port (left) side.

I do like the lights too - it's a nice touch. I usually add them to my speeders too as a little extra detail.

facmanpob, if you need to remember which side and colour goes where, try the following mnemonic:

That's all right, I was in the navy for 6 years so I think its been carved into my brain! ;)

That's a better device than what the navy taught me. We used:

Port's a wine that's red, so port lights are red.

Port has a 4 letters, so does left, so port is left.

Everything else is starboard.

Interesting. My Dad learnt the mnemonic in his youth when he was training to be a pilot in the Feet Air Arm. Maybe pilots can only cope with short sentences? :)

Ahem. Anyway, perhaps we are drifting off-topic. Stobz, quick! Post something!!

I was thinking that same thing too :)

It seems I'll have to take annual leave and just sit at home and paint for a week :P

btw: Army boating taught me, we are dummies so we used Left and Port have four letters and squares have four sides. KISS principle.

Edited by Stobz

Interesting. My Dad learnt the mnemonic in his youth when he was training to be a pilot in the Feet Air Arm. Maybe pilots can only cope with short sentences? :mellow:

Ahem. Anyway, perhaps we are drifting off-topic. Stobz, quick! Post something!!

I knew a Fighter Controller who had a weird mental block about left and right when he was under pressure, so he wore a red left glove and a green right glove when controlling aircraft!

Agrre that this is drifting of topic, and I blame Stobz entirely for being too slow in painting! ;)

Edited by facmanpob

• 3 weeks later...
looking good bro. you can stop painting now and let me catch up. :P

Haha, you'll need to speed up then, this is fun ;) .

I am just about finished the new VenDread, about 30 hours of love to create him and I'm pretty happy.

His base is made and undercoated, I need to wash it tonight then wait for that to dry until tomorrow before I add the highlights etc.

Best you start a new AL thread with your new cool minis for us to share, dirty traitor ;) .

When are you next up here?