Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

Brother Bobz,

if you ever again say that your skills are worse than others I will have to ask Baptain Bember to send you to Master Asmodai for an interrogation for saying such heresies !! This minaiture is so beautiful that it is an example for us all !!!!

Stevulf

Hooooooooooooooooooooooly cow!

I missed your first post with the pic...

Don't have much time lately, so I barely read/post...sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh, you can't just throw a pic like that and not warn me before I load the board!

Sigh...I won't even bother copying the idea, because I'll simply NEVER paint like that (incapable of so painstaking endurance).

I can always say we belong to the same chapter :)

Morning all,

Harleqvin: Cheers mate, get copying etc...

Shabbadoo: Nope, rugby, chasing sheep, that's about it really ^_^ (I forgot, we sometimes make movies about Hobbits)

Tanhausen: No warnings(apart from in the ptr thread) will be given, and imo work ethic is far more important in life than talent (I only got to a reasonable standard through bloody minded tenacity :blink: )

Uhr: Thanks Brother, I'm glad you do

Brother Immolator: How about cold calculating RAGE!!!!!!!! or similar ;)

cheers

^_^

s

Edited by Stobz

That is breathtaking, I take my hat of to you.

Just read the thread from front to back. Awesome work.

Just one question:

Bemper and Stevulf: You guys are awesome, I actually did LOL, lucky I'm at home and only the cat looked at me funny

Bobz

How the heck do you you keep the cat away from your work, as mine appears the second I have any painting to do and I get wookie marines. I have my suspicions he is in Cyphers employ.

Though will save reporting him as the whiskers he drops are pretty good for painting eyes.

Anyway joking aside, fantastic work and I look forward to seeing more of it.

Dynamicspartan and EPK: Thanks brothers

djgoldsmith: Epic work sifting through that lot :) My cat likes to drink my paint water and sit on my paint rag while I'm painting :D , a bit of a pain but I'm not too precious about my models, they are for playing with after all.

Remember I'm always open to CnC too; always, always room for improvement.

stobz

I love the chaplain, great work!

Could you go into a little detail about parts used and the method of construction? Specifically how it all fits together.

Hey Gratan cheers for the props,

No real process other than I did the bike completely before sticking on the body.

BIKE: DV Sgt bike, DV Biker handlebar with left handle chopped off, melta bomb on back, wifes necklace chain on front (the clasp fit in between the two halves with a little cutting), DA icon on front mudguard from Vet sprue(?), DW icon chopped off Vet sprue censor on chain, book from RW or Vet sprue(forgets?) on headlight, RW purity seal on left handlebar.

Greenstuff and a little trimming to fit between body and legs.

M-Rex: RW Sgt body, chains from wife around edges, RW left arm chopped at wrist, DV RW biker left hand and handlebar grip reattached to fit new length, random right arm from bits box chopped below elbow, DV Chappie right forearm and crozius, FW MkIII shoulderpads, DV Chappie head, DA Vet backpack, light thingies from DA Vets.

Glue and paint at your leisure :)

Hope that helps, a bit of giggery-pokery to make it fit, but worth the effort in the end. I'd be keen to see other versions of bike Chappies so don't forget to post pics if/when you are done.

s

Edited by Stobz

Brother K: Haha, if you look closely you'll see it's nowhere near that level. No flash black shading, no big flash freehand banner, no epic base, no huge OSL effect and other directional lighting techniques, no airbrushing bits, my highlighting is linework and they like proper blending, no NMM, I live in the wrong country and prefer to just admire them from afar etc. etc. etc....

Thanks anyway, I am still proud of him and if they are not DA then they probably are Heretics ;)

Working on T-Hawk Heavy Bolters again now....they aren't going to be anywhere near the same standard :P

s

Edited by Stobz

Two things Stobz.

1. I miss your old avatar.

2. That Chappy on Bike rocks. I love all the little conversions you put in there. I went back and looked at the start of your blog, you were always a good painter but now you are firmly in the realm of being a great painter.

Keep up the good work man, I really think you inspire us all.

(I guess that is three but i didnt put the number up so it doesn't count.........or mabey four it's to late here)