Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Thanks Bryan, I'm trying to make Sammy a bit more interesting without changing him too much, your advice will be used on him I assure you.

The stone feathers are just personal taste, I don't like them bright ;)

I have enough oop paint to last a lifetime, some of it is actually 20 years old and still going strong. :P

BTW: 500 posts of pure waffle, I hope it doesn't detract from the point of this thread :D

S

Me too, and mine is the pewter version, drop it at yout peril :P

Cheers for the props, with guys like you coming in with new approaches the DA forum is really getting some nice new talent, it's quite refreshing really :devil:

S

Edited by Stobz

Mental note - must stop lurking on Stobz's thread - head hurts from jealousy :(

Likin all your stuff - excellent work.

Don't do Sammi yet - finish the :cuss Thunderhawk!!!!

I need to see it Flyyyyyyyyyyyy :)

Grrrrr, I spent about 5 hours painting different shades of 'black' on Sammies speeder, washed it with thinned Badab Black and now can't see 3/4 of the shading.

Bugger it, I'm just adding some Fortress grey highlights and leave it at that.

Still plenty of time but I stuffed up his robes and the prow bird thingie too, it turns out that I wasn't ready for some new techiques :P

He will be a lot more 'dingy' now, not less. Meh.

And once done I'll make some moves on Ferdinand. :D

S

Edited by Stobz

Heya Stobz,

read through from start to now.... ;) lots to read and pretty pics too!

im loving all your models and im glad to see someone else does shoulder trims in boltgun(although all my marines have that,not just the sgt's ;) )i reckon it helps make the shoulder colors pop a bit better...plus i find it hard to highlight thin shoulder pad strips :P

anyways all your stuff is inspirational so thanks for the unintentional motivation :lol:

cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

well here's a couple of em...

Although they started as GotC but now have been redone(just this week actually)as 5th Co Dark Angels,and i've also started some ravenwing too.

I will start a thread with my new stuff shortly and stop hijaking your thread :)

Again, great stuff you have here so thanks for rekindling the desire to paint.

gallery_9146_2675_117073.jpg

gallery_9146_2675_19992.jpg

cheers mithril

Here is Sammael as vowed:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8056/8137869569_f368d24c1c_h.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8335/8137901236_b0ed383caa_h.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8052/8137870753_1a9301b3e0_h.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8054/8137902330_c1d692fce9_h.jpg

I'm not totally happy to be honest, but he will fit in nicely :(

Better pics will come in a few days, I couldn't get my work camera so I made do with a cheapy :P

Bugger, I just noticed I forgot to add scroll work on his right leg, still finished TSG ;)

CnC appreciated, I realise he is no E_E masterpiece but let me have it!!!

:D

stobz

Edit: Off to bed now ;)

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

CnC appreciated, I realise he is no E_E masterpiece but let me have it!!!

Ok, you asked for it.

I hate it - it is terrible. My cat could paint better ;)

Now the true stuff.....

you have amazed me again - turns to own figures and throws them in the bin as not being worthy

of gracing the same forum as the mighty Bobz :P

But rescues the StormChicken at the last moment :(

Edited by Elmo9141

Brother Immolator - I did in a link because I cant post gifs from another site. Can I somehow?

Yes we can!

right click on image

copy image location

add to your reply as "insert image"

et voila "roberts your fathers brother" :P

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q225/phuong_linkinpark/gif/suicide.gif

Edited by Elmo9141

Very nice Stobz. I like your choice to go with a metallic eagle rather than the bone. The slight wear on the jetbike also helps to make it more distinct from the black armour.

My one critique is that you didn't add one really bright color to offset how dark the whole thing is. I would have gone with a bright white robe on sammy to make the whole thing pop more. Still looks awesome though. Nice job.

This is really REALLY top notch stuff. There is nothing I don't like about this. I'm a big fan of black and dark metal combo, and you have executed it perfectly. The robes are also, well, I wouldn't say dirty but more like from a rough material. Love it!

No matter what Belmo says his cat can't do that - seen her work, it's nowhere near to yours.

Where's the cape? :o

Hi Guys, thanks for the feedback:

Elmo; If you chuck out the rest of your army you might as well the StormChicken too ;) Or give them to me, I'd be happy to have another company + on my shelves, esp one as cool as yours :tu:

Bro Immolator; I'm feeling a recurrent theme in your posts, I hope I am not responsible for any drastic actions by you :tu:

Ihg; I wasn't sure about the shield too, I just really didn't like the open bonnet look. Any better ideas always welcome ^_^

Leandred; Thanks mate, I like him but he just seems to lack that 'something' special that he deserves. Maybe it's just due to him being metal and a rougher cast than I'd like. I'm too lazy to sand all that metal.

P; HaHaHa, I get by with small vows and other things quite well thank you :D

Droma; I agree about the robes, cheers for the feedback. I initially over washed them and made them very dingy looking. I might try to re-highlight them prior to better pics but I have spent a tonne of time trying to fix them so far to no avail ;)

CS; No capes, NO CAPES!!!

Thanks again,

Back to work...

Edited by Stobz

Bro Immolator; I'm feeling a recurrent theme in your posts, I hope I am not responsible for any drastic actions by you :unsure:

Thats because, you keep painting at that level and keep telling us that they arent good. Tell your missus to give you a couple o good slaps. That ought to fix the problem.

And dont worry. I love my pathetic little life too much to suicide. No matter the odds ;)

Edited by Brother Immolator

I don't need to tell her that, sometimes I need to tell her to stop :)

I wasn't worried, you can join my club of Pathetic Old Geeks if you like, or POGs for short. That'll give you a reason to live :P

Edit: Clearly I need to slow down and think occasionally, brainfart!!!

Edited by Stobz

I like it. The muted tones on the front eagle and wing wings gives it sort of an antiqued look, which is quite appropriate to this ancient vehicle. The color is also bit less bright/cheerful, and more grim-dark, which is also very suitable for the Dark Angels.

And the red/green/amber running lights on the wings are also a clever little detail (yes, some people notice these things). :)

Edited by shabbadoo