Thanks buddy, I have all the chaos codices from way back. I made a point of collecting them all for the purpose of the artwork mainly. I don’t think this piece is actually in the Codex though. I’m sure it was in White Dwarf. Fantastic effort on naming the artist though! Thank you. For years I’d thought it was a Mark Gibbons (easily my favourite GW artist) piece then realised it didn’t have his trademark signature. Again thank you!

Great idea with the eyes as well I’ll see what I can do there. As for the Claw I don’t really want to copy the art as I don’t think it’ll really suit what I have so far so I’m open to any suggestions :tu:

Thousand Eyes, thanks buddy. I’ve wanted to build a Dread inspired by that artwork for years but the standard dumpy legs made it fairly difficult.

Elduderino, I’ll have a play around with the lower legs but I think I might extend the armour down a bit before I add any trim. Thanks for the kind words about the Butcher Cannon, I wanted it to look really brutal, just need to build a Claw to match now.

Betrayer41 Thanks buddy

SystemSyn, he’ll be ready for Winter War so you’ll get a chance to blow it apart with your sonic Dread :D

That's... That's just humongous, man... I'm speechless at how tiny he makes a terminator look. 

(Cogs in my head starts spinning at the possibilities... Damn you! :D )

It's difficult finding anything in that size, but the new mechanicum sector vehicles have a grabber, that I think would be the just right size - and barely needs any work to make it a power claw:

99120199054_GalvanicServohaulers02.jpg

Guitarasmus, that’s an awesome suggestion! I’ve been struggling to find anything in the right scale. That is something I’ll have to have a look for. :tu:

Should also say thanks to you too Nighthunters. I’ve been trawling the web and bits sites and hadn’t come up with anything either. :tu:

Edited by Biohazard

Guitarasmus, that’s an awesome suggestion! I’ve been struggling to find anything in the right scale. That is something I’ll have to have a look for. :thumbsup:

You're welcome - though you do know, that a Nurgle version of your Leviathan is already forming in my head now, right? :biggrin.:

(Damnit!)

Edited by GuitaRasmus

And I cannot wait to see it. :D It’s honestly a really great kit. I wasn’t sold on the whole ‘real moveable parts’ gimmick so that’s all been glued down on mine. Once the arms are finalised and painted they’ll probably be glued as well. I’m on the hunt for that terrain piece now

Another option, albeit a bit orcish (but some of the best chaos bits are!) is the battlewagon big grabber: 

https://fox-box.co.uk/product/ork-battlewagon-big-grabber/

Or perhaps you should go to town on some plastic card/sprues yourself? It wouldn't be too difficult to carve something similar to the mechanicus crane. 

Marius Perdo, thanks bud.

Hushrong, yeah I think if you bumped into that it would pretty much ruin your day :D

Sagentus, the trim is from Subtle Discord’s rhino kit. I had a bit of a stockpile of it from a few years back it works great for this kind of thing.

I have an idea for a Claw that I’ll have a go at tonight after work. Hoping I can make something along the lines of the Servo Claw that Guitarasmus linked. Ideas are brewing but I’ll need the bits in front of me to see how it goes.

Bio that thing is insane, it does remind me of a much larger version of the old metal chaos dreadnought, great job mate! Looking at the mechanicum vehicles, I wonder if the skull on top of the claw would also be a good scale for an alternative head. Don't get me wrong, the current head looks brilliant, I'm just curious :)

Nemac