The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

Thanks for the kind words and feedback, everyone!

First off, my heart just melted. The praetor is fantastic! And you have that picture of him side by side with the standard bearer *kissing finger tip gestures chefs do. Perfection!

And I gotcha now! I was thinking 'well, those power armored Suzerian are kind of sweet' and thought it was cool. Did not dawn on me he would be a terminator armored one. That idea sounds mighty fine! As for the Alpha Legion Terminator I need to see that! That sounds awesome! I tried to do an AL disguised as an Ultra where bits of the shiny, blue AL colors were showing here and there against the standard blue of the Ultramarines. That is at a 1 where your idea is at 11.

Hahaha, thanks bro! Really glad you like how he turned out.

Yeah, I recon it would be fun to add some Ultramarine/Roman style details to a Terminator. It'll be a bit of a challenge to pull off the Raven Guard/Alpha Legion scheme, but I recon that I can make it work :tu:

The finished article really looks awesome - having one leg off the ground gives a great sense of weight and momentum

That terminator's a thing of beauty Kizz, superb work

Incidentally, if you want some ideas for Legion-specific takes on termies, there's a few TDA concepts back in the series of Legion sketches I did over on my Heresy art thread - dunno how well they stand up nowdays, but I could collect any relevant stuff for you?

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like the Terminator. I've always been a fan of your work so I'd would definitely appreciate any inspiration that you can give me :thumbsup:

Okay, I want everyone to witness that you specifically asked for this haha :tongue.:

Iron Warriors:

gallery_53779_9225_600263.jpg

Pretty self-explanatory, just an idea for a IW-style Tartaros termie

White Scars:

gallery_53779_9225_311064.jpg

Same as above, was just working off the aesthetic of the WS infantry upgrades

Space Wolves:

gallery_53779_9225_570140.jpg

You've now got the actual Varagyr minis, but the aesthetic is different enough that this might be a decent indication of what a 'line' SW termie might look like

Imperial Fists:

gallery_53779_9225_357674.jpg

Really wanted to do a 30k-era take on Indomitus, and the Fists seemed like the perfect legion for it (actually made some rules / background for 'Hyperion Terminators': http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306729-ihfs-archive-sketching-the-heresy-status-update/?p=4683166 )

Night Lords:

gallery_53779_9225_105326.jpg

Not Atramentar, but just a rough doodle of how NL Tartaros might look

Blood Angels:

gallery_53779_9225_478110.jpg

Again, just a loose take on BA Tartaros

Iron Hands:

gallery_53779_9225_754183.jpg

This was an idea for IH TDA Destroyers - Rad-based to differentiate them from the Grave Wardens - think Irad-cleansers & Rad missile launchers (again, these also got some background / rules: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306729-ihfs-archive-sketching-the-heresy-status-update/?p=4725295 )

World Eaters:

gallery_53779_9225_736448.jpg#

Okay, so the sketch turned out *awful*, but the core idea - WE terminators with twinned Lightning Claws with underslung bolters is something I still like (inspired by the old lore about the Gauntlets of Ultramar being taken from a dead Khorne champion) - also heavily inspired by this Mikhail Savier art: http://img0.reactor.cc/pics/post/Warhammer-40000-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-Space-Marine-Imperium-2491100.jpeg

Ultramarines:

gallery_53779_9225_1295302.jpg

gallery_53779_12611_295528.png

I liked the idea of 'regal' Tarataros termies with duelling blades - I renamed them the 'Retentus' after the Varagyr were revealed

Ultramarines Retentus Command Cadre:

More a title of rank than a permanent formation, the Retentus are formed from the highest ranking veterans among the Evocatii chapters, those officers charged with ensuring new recruits into the Legion are forged into peerless soldiers befitting of the Ultramarines. Membership of the Retentus is a greatly regarded honour, identifying the warriors responsible for the legendary discipline for which the XIIIth Legion has become renown, each a veteran of decades of command and countless conflicts.

Whilst rarely involved in front-line duty, stationed within Ultramar or upon the largest legion warships for extended training during long-running campaigns, the Retentus can be marshalled as an elite combat force when their charges are called upon for combat duty before their tenure has begun, often acting in an intermediate command position to ensure the Legion’s strategic network is utterly unbreakable.

Upon induction into their ranks, the Retentus are granted possession of a pair of Macraggan duelling blades, amongst the finest crafted power weapons the Imperium is capable of producing, utterly deadly in the hands of warriors bloodied by decades of battle in the Imperium’s name.

Word Bearers:

gallery_53779_9225_1357895.jpg

These 'anointed' are my idea for Kor Phaeron's terminator elite

gallery_53779_9225_1034525.jpg

Figured TDA Vakrah Jal might be fun?

Raven Guard:

gallery_53779_9225_843825.jpg

Rough concept for the Deliverers' aesthetic

Dude! I'm blown away! Thank you for the absolute mother-load of inspiration. I'd seen a few of those before, but I'd somehow missed a few such as the Blood Angel and Ultramarine designs. Thanks again for sharing your awesome work :)

Really looking forward to seeing what you do with the legion terminators but the Suzerain terminator in particular has me interested.

I didn't make it clear, but the 'Suzerain' will be a Terminator armed like one of the Suzerain.

Yeah, me too. Unfortunately the Ultramarine Terminator probably won't be one of the first simply because I need to source some Suzerain bits for him (specifically the shield) before I can make a start.

Dat Praetor, man, just WOW. Brilliant work!

Thanks a lot bro!

Outstanding stuff kizz!

Thanks bro! Glad you like him.

Dude u asked me which Blood Angels bits you should use and i prefer the 40k bits as i mentioned eearlier and i forgott to mention that you could use 40k tactical blood angels bits, but i think that most Blood Angel bits look the same. Your sketch looks awesome and there are some blood angel wings that are not attached to anything so u can just put them on your termi although i know that you mostly will use greenstuff. Anyway i cant wait for your terminators espacially the Night lords.

Thanks for the info, bro! By the way, the sketches are by Iron Hands Fanatic, not me.

Lovely work on your Praetor, as usual :smile.:

Thanks a lot! Really glad you like the Praetor.

Thanks for looking ;)

Yeah, Ultramarines have been looking more and more awesome in my eyes these past few years. I really liked the one officer in terminator plate who had the gold/bronze facemask for a helm. That just looked sweet. The Suzerain also look righteous in my opinion. So I am very excited to see what you do for that terminator.

Same for the terminator. That paint scheme will be wicked.

Beautiful Praetor, Kizz. I still think is stance is asomewhat weird - he seems out of balance.

Your sketches are impressive. Besides your talent for painting, you also have a knack for drawing! Is it me or do you seem to favour Tartaros plate over Cataphractii? :)

I've been doing a bit of work on this Blood Angel Terminator. Unfortunately when I was doing my research before I started on him I only found out about the silver death masks that the IXth Legion Destroyers wore, I didn't find out that they also still wore the standard Legion red. I thought I was being clever painting a Destroyer in black to create the image of some type of proto-Death Company colour scheme. I was pretty disappointed to hear that I got the colour scheme wrong, but I'll forge on and get him finished anyway :tu:

viCb9om.jpg

3Gc4o4H.jpg

ybNTmbH.jpg

WaQgu3L.jpg

DBDHBCs.jpg

Yeah, Ultramarines have been looking more and more awesome in my eyes these past few years. I really liked the one officer in terminator plate who had the gold/bronze facemask for a helm. That just looked sweet. The Suzerain also look righteous in my opinion. So I am very excited to see what you do for that terminator.

Same for the terminator. That paint scheme will be wicked.

The Praetor from the graphic novel? Yeah, that guy looked pretty great with the the ruby eye lenses. I'm looking forward to working on the Ultramarine, but he'll probably take a while to get started as I try to source the bits that I need.

Beautiful Praetor, Kizz. I still think is stance is asomewhat weird - he seems out of balance.

Your sketches are impressive. Besides your talent for painting, you also have a knack for drawing! Is it me or do you seem to favour Tartaros plate over Cataphractii? :smile.:

Thanks a lot bro! We'll have to disagree on the stance. I like it in general , but the thing I don't like is the cloak. It doesn't have enough movement to it and looks a bit dead. 

The sketches are by Iron Hand Fanatic, not me :tu:

I don't really have too much of a preference either way when it comes to Terminator armour. I love the Tartaros because they look like mini Contemptors, and I like the Cataphractii because it has that real old school/Heresy look.

Thanks for looking ;)

That terminator looks very cool, but when i compared it with the artworks, i think that a blood angels symbol or somethig like a wing should be on his chest or one of his shoulderpads. I still think that "less is more" concept works on this model but i feel like a wing would pop this model even more. Also could you do a Night Lords terminator next or are you already working on something else?

Love the look of the destroyer terminator.

I never knew there was such a thing :D

Black armour is cool, as the destroyer cadres work with the most toxic of weapons, their armour blackened and damaged by the radiation and chemicals given off. This would obliterate the original legion colours and armorial markings of the bearer, thus further distancing the destroyers from their legion brethren, who already see them as tainted because of their use of proscribed weaponry.

Almost finished with the Blood Angel Destroyer :tu:

sVEGohm.jpg

LcKLhD7.jpg

l5CB7aB.jpg

7V4tjBr.jpg

MN97b5i.jpg

SduK1gk.jpg

Regardless of the accuracy, the black armour looks superb with the red and gold. Really clean work on that axe as well.

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like how it's looking.

That terminator looks very cool, but when i compared it with the artworks, i think that a blood angels symbol or somethig like a wing should be on his chest or one of his shoulderpads. I still think that "less is more" concept works on this model but i feel like a wing would pop this model even more. Also could you do a Night Lords terminator next or are you already working on something else?

Thanks bro! I'm not sure which Legion I'll be working on next. I haven't thought about it too much.

The Blood Angel looks phenomenal! I'm pretty sure you can forge your own background for him and why not? He looks rad as hell already and he doesn't even have a head on yet!

Thanks a lot bro, really glad you like him!

Love the look of the destroyer terminator.

I never knew there was such a thing :biggrin.:

Black armour is cool, as the destroyer cadres work with the most toxic of weapons, their armour blackened and damaged by the radiation and chemicals given off. This would obliterate the original legion colours and armorial markings of the bearer, thus further distancing the destroyers from their legion brethren, who already see them as tainted because of their use of proscribed weaponry.

Thanks bro! There isn't such a thing... I just thought it made sense and would look cool. 

Destroyers in the IXth Legion are a bit different. They only serve in the Destroyer units for a limited amount of time.

Loving the Blood Angels terminator. Frankly, when it looks that good, accuracy be damned.

Thanks a lot bro!

ybNTmbH.jpg

Excellent work! How'd you make the red strip chipped like that? Did you paint black marks over red?

Thanks dude! The chipping is achieved with AK Interactive Heavy Chipping Fluid.

Thanks for looking ;)

The paint job is phenomenonal and the model looks really cool, but imo it doesn't really scream destroyer. Some rad grenades could have helped, maybe a phosphex bomb instead of the bloodletter head. I think it's just the lack of identifying weapons with how you tried to infuse the blood angels aesthetic into it; without the destroyer symbol is guess a chaplain 99% over destroyer. Edited by SkimaskMohawk