The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

I've had another go a my metallic Emperor's Children scheme. I kept the overall scheme pretty simple (ie no white, silver or gold panels) in an effort to show off the purple, but I'd definitely add some more variety if I ever painted a force in this scheme.

Let me know what you think of the shade. Does it need to be a bit more violet (ie more of a blue tone)?

laDAqO4.jpg

r3kh6Ul.jpg

nFvjip4.jpg

Thsz0pF.jpg

Excellent painting! I think the champion turned out pretty well, looks great. Your army looks impressive too!

Thanks a lot, bro! Glad you like the Champion and the army.

That champion is a work of art, Kizz. 

Thanks, bro! Means a lot :tu:

That champion is a work of art, Kizz.

I second that. Excellent work.

Thank you very much!

Before:

"Oh look, a WIP with 30k Emperor's Childrens just next to mine with 40k Emperor's Childens/Slaanesh marines! And as I also want to do 30k Blood Angels, so I might learn something!"

After:

"BOOOOO, SIGH, SOB :cry: I have learned that I will never paint so good :cry: :sad.: :cry: "

Jokes(?) aside WOW... I mean, I like, well, everything:sweat:

But the Champion is really... Well, Perfect. The intensity of the look...I wish I could give half that much life to faces... Is that a transfer on the loincloth? I sure hope so, if it's freehand I will probably quit the hobby now:teehee: . Anyway it's very well placed! I like the fact that there are no "special effects" (face aside) to distract the eye, just the overall miniature paintjob is stellar quality

Hahaha, thanks for the kind words! Yes, the transfer on the loincloth is actually from the Blood Angels transfer sheet.

How did you paint the skin on Dynat btw? It looks amazing!

I'm not too sure. I think it was either Cadian Fleshtone, Rhinoxhide and white or Kislev Flesh, Rhinoxhide and white.

Like the others have said, that Champion is fantastic!

Thanks a lot, bro!

Thanks for looking ;)

I'm not too sure. I think it was either Cadian Fleshtone, Rhinoxhide and white or Kislev Flesh, Rhinoxhide and white.

Champion looks great too btw - looks like the same skin recipe. Is it a mix? 1:1:1? And do you use washes?

Sorry about all the questions - your skin tone is something I'm gonna try replicating for my Alphas!

I've based the Emperor's Child and started on a test mini for my Alpha Legion Dawnbreakers!

I went for a 'colder' colour on the EC's base to better contrast the 'warm' purple and gold. I thought that my usual Martian bases would probably be too similar in tone.

va9JCwo.jpg

lk992pW.jpg

MPiaGAa.jpg

xeeHIsD.jpg

6eMgMLc.jpg

And the Alpha Legion Dawnbreaker.

1s1xYVt.jpg

With the pre-shade, ready for the clear blue and green.

XFu76h1.jpg

TYl0Y2S.jpg

aW2lEgq.jpg

gEwIEfl.jpg

I'd say that Emperor's Children marine is perfect as is. That's a beautiful metallic purple :thumbsup:

Thanks a lo! Glad you like the purple. I'm liking it the more I look at it.

You demonstrate excellent painting skills with the latest model. How will you decorate his base?

Thanks, bro! Hope you like the base. I went for a 'colder' colour to better contrast with the rich purple and gold.

The purple painted marine looks fantastic!

Thank you very much! 

Champion looks great too btw - looks like the same skin recipe. Is it a mix? 1:1:1? And do you use washes?

Sorry about all the questions - your skin tone is something I'm gonna try replicating for my Alphas!

Thanks, mate! There's no set ratios for the mix, I just add them together to create the colour I need. I'm constantly adding more of each of the different colours to the mix depending on whether I'm highlighting or shading the skin. I don't use washes when I'm painting skin. I much prefer to thin down regular paint because it matches the colour of the skin better, is easier to control, and I can adjust the colour as I need to :tu:

Thanks for looking ;)

Looks like a metallic Tyrian purple to me, which as Imperial purple for Emperor's Children is all good. So long as no sea snails were involved. 

The grey ash/rock base looks too cool or stark to me, but that is just me. Curious as to what a traditional beach sand type desert might look like in contrast.

However great stuff as usual, very inspiring.

The Dawnbreaker test mini is finished minus his spear. I've already started working on the next couple of warriors.

IMfgJa8.png

dqxNIEr.png

4HQZvkK.png

AY77Ypg.png

voLI6Iz.png

du3gtR1.png

oy1RJMy.png

Looks like a metallic Tyrian purple to me, which as Imperial purple for Emperor's Children is all good. So long as no sea snails were involved. 

The grey ash/rock base looks too cool or stark to me, but that is just me. Curious as to what a traditional beach sand type desert might look like in contrast.

However great stuff as usual, very inspiring.

I can promise that no sea snails were harmed to paint this model. Thanks for the feedback on the base. I've tried beach style bases before, but I can never get the colour balance right. They either turn out too yellow or just a boring tan colour. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Excellent work on the Emperor's Children member. Your attention to detail is most impressive, e.g., the powdered ferrocrete on his feet.

Thanks a lot, bro! Glad you like it.

How do you do the AL scale tabards? Is that little computer looted from Deathwatch backpacks?

The scales were press moulded from the Tomb Kings tomb guard kit. Yeah, the targeter is from the Deathwatch. Well spotted.

The metallic Emperor's Children (Child? :biggrin.: ) looks fantastic. I agree the ashen ground only brings the model's colours to the fore.
I doubt the Alpha Legionnaire will be any less phenomenal.

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated.

Bases are a nice touch. The tones seem to work well and the weathering transitions the model nicely. It looks like a part of the scene.

Thanks a lot! That's exactly the look I was going for with the base.

Oh my! Lurking your topic since a long time and it did actually re-ignite my flame for painting stuff, especialy my own Alpha Legion, keep up the great work :biggrin.:

Awesome! Glad to hear that! Good luck with your Alpha Legion project.

Looks magnifisent, looking forward for the paintjob.

Thanks a lot!

The Dawnbreaker looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the unit!

Thanks, bro! Hope you like how he turned out.

Thanks for looking ;)

I also recently played a 2k Centurion game against some Custodes. It was a great game, but in the end the Alphas lost 6-7 due to Martial Hubris and the survivability of the Custodes units.

I love how well my bases blended in with the game mat :tu:

ecMWHdM.png

Ulax5IU.png

f0kb5uO.png

tan7GPh.png

5wzDp8U.png

QMq4ORg.png

RQYyrHZ.png

K4VzzES.png

Thanks for looking ;)

The Dawnbreaker test mini is finished minus his spear. I've already started working on the next couple of warriors.

oy1RJMy.png

[...]

Thanks for looking :wink:

Amazing! I need to know how you painted that face! Looks creamy as hell!

EDIT: nevermind! I should have read your multiquote better! :wallbash: Still, truly impresive paint jobs and dedication! The "no washing" for the skin tone is a master tip that I will try to use!

Excellent conversion work as well :drool: .

Cheers!

Edited by Umbra Lynx

Just finished a second Rhino for my Alpha Legion!

V4hLvhc.png

gIJyjpP.png

82YwKv7.png

eU703XV.png

6kTMdoP.png

LEupgR2.png

Amazing! I need to know how you painted that face! Looks creamy as hell!

EDIT: nevermind! I should have read your multiquote better! :wallbash: Still, truly impresive paint jobs and dedication! The "no washing" for the skin tone is a master tip that I will try to use!

Excellent conversion work as well :drool: .

Cheers!

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I just prefer the control that you can get with regular paints :tu:

They look excellent all together side by side each other! I really like the skin tone you used for the one helmetless guy.

Thanks a lot, bro! Glad you like the skin tone :tu:

Thanks for looking ;)

And my first Dawnbreaker is finished (just as Forge World releases the official models :P )!

I've built two more, minus their jump packs and I've also made a start on another two as well.

4FUWmWA.jpg

J5yz7tk.jpg

SfFv9RO.jpg

V8ysMl9.jpg

gsduMsJ.jpg

MVYj71w.jpg

wsFLstt.jpg

ySkWojJ.jpg

DgJ552n.jpg

zRPVGRX.jpg

Your army looks phenomenal on the battlefield. Fantastic job!
Rhino's looking superb.

Thanks a lot! Glad you like how the army looks in action :tu:

They look great, the weathering and battle damage make it really stand out. Like I said before the blue is really cool love it!

Thanks, bro! I have a lot of fun with the weathering and it's great to hear that you like it.

Some of the best looking colored metallics ive seen brother, love it all!

Really glad you like them! Thanks :)

Thanks for looking ;)