The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

On 9/7/2023 at 11:53 PM, Kizzdougs said:

I've painted up a Standard for my Command Squad. I still need to paint up a couple of power packs to replace the jump packs, but the conversion of the Palatine Blades Aquilae to a Command Squad is almost complete.

h0GCgiM.jpg

cZdif8s.jpg

VbksszC.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

As always, there aren't enough adjectives to describe how beautiful your emperor's children are. Wowsers :O

The Praetor [?] looks bashed from a fair few kits, what did you use to make him please?

Is it fair to assume you'll be getting fulgrim transfigured? I'm super excited for the mini and for what you will do with him!

10 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

As always, there aren't enough adjectives to describe how beautiful your emperor's children are. Wowsers :O

The Praetor [?] looks bashed from a fair few kits, what did you use to make him please?

Is it fair to assume you'll be getting fulgrim transfigured? I'm super excited for the mini and for what you will do with him!

The Praetor is based on a mini from Lil'Legends minis. Unfortunately they don't sell them anymore.

Yeah, I can't wait to get my hands on the new Fulgrim model.

On 9/9/2023 at 8:08 PM, Kizzdougs said:

The Praetor is based on a mini from Lil'Legends minis. Unfortunately they don't sell them anymore.

Yeah, I can't wait to get my hands on the new Fulgrim model.

No worries. You've done an awesome job as always.

Best of luck for the weekend, hope you're having a blast. Beautiful army, really is.

• 3 weeks later...

I've finished the next squad of Indomitus Terminators. The torsos and legs are from Tortuga Bay Studio.

I hope you like them :biggrin:

VDJHtQw.jpg

IMG_6480.thumb.jpeg.da57e17d5e83c0b18500df789a6082fb.jpeg

IMG_6487.thumb.jpeg.d57813f769cccf480009e1bef3ad5854.jpeg

IMG_6497.thumb.jpeg.a006fdfe83dbf596d524a32d9df6faa0.jpeg

IMG_6512.thumb.jpeg.4ce41f10bf724af06d7ba4ecbf41fb2b.jpeg

IMG_6511.thumb.jpeg.9be8745276b137c0653d2058754d7e20.jpeg

The ZM force so far. I just need to add the Praetor and Command Squad to take the army to 1k points.

bcazWaf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished a Tartaros Command Squad (minus the banner). I'm really happy with how they've turned out.

Now I just need to paint the HQ and figure out what to use for the banner and the 1k ZM list will be complete :biggrin:

XhOIncG.jpg

FrzQgwz.jpg

6oHWB8Q.jpg

fxZE8ww.jpg

J9ULp8V.jpg

93x118g.jpg

V4gGsQg.jpg

laOPmvi.jpg

549nYp8.jpg

S2z4yRD.jpg

PgEkvsb.jpg

AkDYZfe.jpg

9w6kRMY.jpg

E45dJRW.jpg

aP8URJU.jpg

I just finished the Praetor to lead the Command Squad.

He is a completely loyal son of Dorn. There is absolutely nothing suspicious about him...

qVz9J6i.jpg

qRqChWb.jpg

9MmO1D5.jpg

mRO28fx.jpg

yPLw65e.jpg

mGNpuo3.jpg

sDjx2IG.jpg

q7fD03o.jpg

R7s7shQ.jpg

EHkvOQy.jpg

SQXX7wS.jpg

9 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

Honestly, on your praetor I'm trying to work out whether the armour was physically chipped or "just" painted...

Outstanding and mind blowing as always. If GW didn't send you a mkiii battleforce box, they really should be doing. 

As always, look forward to what comes next :) 

Thanks for the kind words bro!

I used the hairspray chipping technique on the armour, so those are actual physical chips on the armour paint, not hand painted scratches. I find it is a much easier way to create natural looking chipping on models. 

No, GW doesn't send me any free models. I think I probably use too many 3rd party minis for them to see me as someone to work with. Of course I'd be open to working with them, but I've never had any conversations around that kind of thing.

The 1,000pt Zone Mortalis army is finished! I'm really happy with how it turned out. Yellow is such a striking colour and is really easy to paint with an airbrush. It's also a really great colour to add weathering to.

I hope you like how they turned out :biggrin:

3JUlpzV.jpg

4VE834E.jpg

LBlupKI.jpg

iVEjbOt.jpg

DJQFgOr.jpg

DKeupby.jpg

Now I need to decide what to work on next...

I just painted up a Death Guard test mini. I tried to keep it a bit more basic than my usual style to speed up the process. For example I skipped my usual chipping stage and the DG colour scheme means that you don't need to pre-shade the model.

I hope you like how he turned out.

98Q2lia.jpg

tXtlFCo.jpg

ZivIYSa.jpg

oGvTSvu.jpg

IRhXqnO.jpg

h06E1SN.jpg

b0YpElE.jpg

2fiDUGi.jpg

cf93jlo.jpg

A size comparison between the Tortuga Bay MkIII and the GW MkVI.

ozCZdOO.jpg

Your work is truly inspirational and displays a level of talent to be admired and perhaps one day emulated. In fact, you have inspired me to dust off my long shelved Emperor's Children project - shelved because I'd never seen a purple that matched what I wanted. Until now.
Is the recipe/process for your current purple armour on your Instagram? I started following you the other day and did look through your posts but there's so much glorious content that I found it difficult to focus on that one thing.

***EDIT***

Since my last post I've been back to school and learnt to read properly - so I've found the aforementioned recipe/process on your Instagram page...

Edited by Brother Desultor