The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

On 10/24/2023 at 11:15 PM, Firedrake Cordova said:

Absolutely fabulous! :biggrin: :thumbsup: 

The "gold" tone on the shoulder pad trim looks great - would you mind sharing which colours it is?

I like the pallid head for the un-helmeted model, too :smile: 

Thanks! It's Decayed Metal and Elven Gold, with some silver for the highlights and Inktensity Green for the shadows.

On 10/27/2023 at 6:21 PM, Brother Desultor said:

Your work is truly inspirational and displays a level of talent to be admired and perhaps one day emulated. In fact, you have inspired me to dust off my long shelved Emperor's Children project - shelved because I'd never seen a purple that matched what I wanted. Until now.
Is the recipe/process for your current purple armour on your Instagram? I started following you the other day and did look through your posts but there's so much glorious content that I found it difficult to focus on that one thing.

***EDIT***

Since my last post I've been back to school and learnt to read properly - so I've found the aforementioned recipe/process on your Instagram page...

Thanks! Really glad you like them. The purple is Purple Lake ink from Daler and Rowney with some Inktensity Violet ink in the shadows. All of it is done with the airbrush over a white-black pre-shade.

Good day sir,

I hope this finds you well :) 

I'm looking at ordering some tortuga bay stuff as frankly, it looks sublime and scales so well [tartaros I'm looking at]. For the terminators, have you used regular terminator arms with them and regular marine arms for the upscaled marine armour?

Thanks in advance :)

On 11/6/2023 at 8:58 AM, 01RTB01 said:

Good day sir,

I hope this finds you well :) 

I'm looking at ordering some tortuga bay stuff as frankly, it looks sublime and scales so well [tartaros I'm looking at]. For the terminators, have you used regular terminator arms with them and regular marine arms for the upscaled marine armour?

Thanks in advance :)

Yeah, that's exactly right. Regular terminator and marine arms on the Tortuga minis.

If you decide to get some Tortuga minis you can get 10% off with the coupon code: Raptor :thumbsup:

I've just finished building and painting a plastic (resin is so much better) Contemptor for the new Death Guard project that I'm starting.

J8ljdsV.jpg

8zMknDy.jpg

O71qvMx.jpg

KlFP0Kr.jpg

FeWYT9U.jpg

XIgnOVt.jpg

1lLxGS1.jpg

r8vhBGP.jpg

U83J3Wb.jpg

BR3zvj3.jpg

Lp54ZAe.jpg

I hope you like how he turned out!

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Really nice work on the Dreadnought. The aging and weathering is very well done :thumbsup:

Are we going to get a full army shot when it's done? :smile: 

Of course! That probably won't be for a while though. I'm planing to paint lots of Infantry, so this army will probably take me a while to work through.

The dreadnought and marine are superb. I’d be very interested to see the painting guide to see how it compares to your original DG scheme from earlier in this thread.

looking forward to seeing more DG. Will you be mixing Tortuga bay models with the new MKIII plastic marines? Upscaled Grave Wardens would be delightful to see :biggrin:

On 11/13/2023 at 2:47 AM, Varyn said:

The dreadnought and marine are superb. I’d be very interested to see the painting guide to see how it compares to your original DG scheme from earlier in this thread.

looking forward to seeing more DG. Will you be mixing Tortuga bay models with the new MKIII plastic marines? Upscaled Grave Wardens would be delightful to see :biggrin:

I think the new plastic MkIII look terrible, so I'll be mixing the Tortuga with old plastic MkIII bits :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope, sorry, I'm not buying it. That's a regular Rhino with an "epic" Instagram filter, and that's a giant Mk VI marine next to it. :tongue: 

Seriously though, that's very impressive work for something of that scale - the chipping, mud, highlights on the glass ... :thumbsup:

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

That's pretty darn awesome (Although I'd expect nothing less from you :cool:) are you planning on doing the whole force to this level....who am I kidding ...:tongue: of course you are !!!

such tiny decals ...

++EDIT++ is it contrast paints ??

Cheers, M 

Edited by Mumeishi

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 9:17 AM, MithrilForge said:

That's pretty darn awesome (Although I'd expect nothing less from you :cool:) are you planning on doing the whole force to this level....who am I kidding ...:tongue: of course you are !!!

such tiny decals ...

++EDIT++ is it contrast paints ??

Cheers, M 

Yeah, it's Imperial Fists contrast over a pink and white pre-shade.

I don't think I'll paint anymore Epic minis. This was just the free Rhino that GW was handing out as the model of the month.