The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

Fabulous work on the group as a whole, Kizzdougs. Tempted to take a crack at older depictions of the Legions? Y'know, like the Saturnyne Rams (aka early Salamanders), the Imperial Heralds and the War Hounds?

Thanks, bro! I haven't really thought about early Legion depictions yet. I'll definitely have to think about it, but it probably won't happen until I've painted each of the 'regular' schemes first.

Of course, brother. I wouldn't expect any less. :tu:

The next legionnaire to join the collection.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4161_zpskg3kt819.jpg

I'm going to go for a more magenta like shade of purple compared to my regular Emperor's Children. I'm hoping that the brighter shade will be more conducive to weathering.

Such simple techniques, but it looks great. You could smash out an army in no time...just saying :wink:

Yeah, everything that I paint is very simple and basic as far as the techniques used are concerned. I'm just lucky to have a very steady hand. I'm still completely undecided on what my next army will be...

A wonderful tutorial that has given me some ideas of how to up my game. Thank you.

I second KS on sending your pics through the WD, they are easily the level needed.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad to hear that the tutorial was useful.

Oh great tutorial, now I'm thinking I might have to think about making some deathguard using your recipe. 

Thanks for sharing it! :thumbsup:

No worries bro! I'd love to see your take on the XIV Legion.

Your step by step guide is a real master class in simple techniques that give amazing results. I hope to see you do a few more guides like this. I'm sure you've inspired quite a few people to have a go.

Thanks, bro! I'm going to buy a new lamp tomorrow and I'm planing to take step by step pics of all of the legionnaires that I paint from now on.

Without a doubt the most beautiful Death Guard ever seen. And with such simple techniques. Your tutorial goes to show how much can be achieved using only the GW paint line. :thumbsup:

Thanks bro! A true child of the Emperor tries to find beauty in everything. Even in the most dour and drab of Legions :P I'm planing to use some non GW paints on the Emperor's Child marine, so we'll see how they go...

Well, I might have to give that a try! Seems like even I might be able to pull those techniques off!

Haha, yeah the techniques are very simple and can be used with a variety of different schemes etc.

That settles it, if gw releases some nice plastic mk2s and 3s im going to do death guard with your recipe

Sounds good! If GW bring out MkII and III I'll be very tempted to start a new Legion too.

That Death Guard is superb .I don't know how it's possible they get better with every legion you add. Awesome

Thanks bro! I suppose it's just a natural desire to try to better myself each time I paint a different Legion. The great reception that the marines have been receiving both here and on facebook is another major factor that encourages me to try to improve each time :)

Thanks for looking ;)

Yeah, everything that I paint is very simple and basic as far as the techniques used are concerned. I'm just lucky to have a very steady hand. I'm still completely undecided on what my next army will be...

I totally get that. I think well-executed basic techniques are always something that catch my eye, maybe due to it being how I paint also. I mean a million blends with an airbrush always look good, but there's something about hand-painted layering and highlighting that just feels more 'authentic' to me. Not to knock the work people do with airbrushes at all, just a preference.

Looking forward to seeing the weathered Emp's Child as well :)

I'm going to go for a more magenta like shade of purple compared to my regular Emperor's Children. I'm hoping that the brighter shade will be more conducive to weathering.

Now that is the way Emperor's Children should be! Old School all the way!!

Love the Death Guard, you've nailed it and I shall have to have a bash at your method!

Haven't you got some breachers to be getting on with....:wink:

Some progress on the Emperor's Children legionary.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4175_zpsno7snp68.jpg

I totally get that. I think well-executed basic techniques are always something that catch my eye, maybe due to it being how I paint also. I mean a million blends with an airbrush always look good, but there's something about hand-painted layering and highlighting that just feels more 'authentic' to me. Not to knock the work people do with airbrushes at all, just a preference.

Looking forward to seeing the weathered Emp's Child as well :smile.:

Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm fairly happy with my painting, but an airbrush would make certain tasks much easier (eg. painting vehicles). I'm just worried that if I bought an airbrush I'd become overly reliant on it, and other aspects of my painting would suffer as a result.

That base is only temporary and he's actually part of a diorama in which he's pointing his pistol at an iron hand, right?  Right?  :biggrin.:

I look forward to seeing how the weathering works out on the purple scheme!

Haha, I haven't given much thought to the basing yet, but I'll need to be careful or The Hydra might get a bit too excited.

Nice battle damage on the new legionnaire.

Thanks bro! If I start a new Legion I'll definitely cut them up a bit before painting.

Now that is the way Emperor's Children should be! Old School all the way!!

Love the Death Guard, you've nailed it and I shall have to have a bash at your method!

Haven't you got some breachers to be getting on with....:wink:

Thanks, bro! I sure do... I'm still trying to decide how to arm them.

Thanks for looking ;)

I got some more work done after training tonight. I also got a new globe for my painting lamp, so the step by step pics will but much better than with the Death Guard legionary.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4181_zpsrcq19z0s.jpg

The new shade's looking good, as is that white - so smooth!

Thanks, mate!

Beautiful magenta colour Kizz!

Thanks bro! I'm pretty happy with it. 

Some progress he says, that model is past were I would sit back and just be proud of it. My Horus doesn't look that slick.

Hahaha, there is still plenty more to do and I haven't even started with the base or the decals.

Thanks for looking ;)

It's funny how you've been churning out these weathered, grizzled marines from all legions in the last couple of weeks, all of them looking absolutely superb, but the second you do a III legion guy, my mind goes "huh? That doesn't look like kizzdougs standard at all"! Because your III legion army looks so crisp, a weathered guy really looked off at first. I let that feeling go though, and looked at him with fresh eyes - and yes. He too looks the works. Very different from your other ECs, but man does he look great. I hate you a little ;)

​Just finished the Emperor's Child. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. I wish all of my Emperor's Children were painted to the same standard and in the same scheme...

I'll be posting a step by step tomorrow.

The IIIrd Legion

The Emperor's Children were the only Legion to bear the Emperor's own name and his own standard - the great Palatine Aquila - granted to them by his own hand. Few were ever so honoured among the Space Marine Legions and given less cause to betray a father than they. Given the plaudits and accolades accorded them, few could doubt that they were the embodiment of what the Emperor intended the Legiones Astartes to be: noble in action and aspect, excelling in all matters, strong, civilised, firm of purpose and loyal to the core. From this height they descended in treachery to the lowest and vilest of creatures, enslaved to pride and consumed by desires that no natural power could fulfil.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4195_zpsc0l34ebp.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4196_zps5hittnpl.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4197_zpsqwnpz2ds.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4198_zpsry0cdnoi.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4199_zpszx8lgvfs.jpg

Isstvan III: Betrayal

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4201_zpswnttbbxt.jpg

Although you have painted the new legionnaire superbly, I have to say the colour scheme really doesn't work for me as much as the rest of your III Legion.

That Death Guard though.....

Fair enough. The armour does look pretty red in the pictures. I was going for an old school EC colour scheme, but I didn't quite achieve it.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/SGM-Daly91/Warhammer%2040K/02ECSmall_zpsfd1e1a7d.jpg

I was going for something like this, but my scheme turned out a bit darker.

I love it man, have you ever considered doing a small blackshield force to accompany your Emperors children?

Thanks, bro! I haven't really considered the Blackshields. I'd need to come up with some sort of idea/justification to link them to my EC.

That is absolutely ravishing..... The shade of purple is just perfect with the gold. Oh lawd I feel the swooning coming on!!!

Where did you get the combat blade?

Hahaha, glad you like it bro! The blade is a combination of bits. The blade and pommel are from the High Elf Shadow Warriors kit. The hilt is from a spear from the High Elf Spearmen kit, and the hand/grip is from the Chaos Raptors kit.

Whoa...that purple is slick. Enquiring minds want to know

Thanks bro! It's a combination of Murderous Magenta and Beaten Purple which are both Formula P3 paints from Privateer Press. I'll be posting a step by step tomorrow with more detail :)

@jimbo13 - looks like the top of a Phoenix guard halberd (WFB).

Love the pose, a little less 'elegant' than your other EC legionaries, but good nonetheless.

Thanks bro, glad you like him.

Right range, but I'd say it comes from the gorilla-fisted spearmen instead.

Lovely Emperor's Child!

Thanks very much :)

It's funny how you've been churning out these weathered, grizzled marines from all legions in the last couple of weeks, all of them looking absolutely superb, but the second you do a III legion guy, my mind goes "huh? That doesn't look like kizzdougs standard at all"! Because your III legion army looks so crisp, a weathered guy really looked off at first. I let that feeling go though, and looked at him with fresh eyes - and yes. He too looks the works. Very different from your other ECs, but man does he look great. I hate you a little :wink:

Thanks a lot mate! I think I actually prefer this legionary to my regular marines. If I had my time again I would definitely paint my legionnaires in a more weathered style.

If I wasn't wedded to my scheme, I'd probably change - awesome work!

Hahaha, me too... :P

Thanks for looking ;)