The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Fulgrim Transfigured finished 16/5/24

Kizzdougs

Everything looks fantastic as usual. So much so that I am making a kill team of Alpha Legion inspired by you. I am evening using your tutorial for the painjob.

Are some of the edges highlighted/drybrushed metallic after the wash to show chipping?

Thanks bro! I'd love to see you work on some Alphas.

Yes, I use Stormhost Silver to edge highlight the armour, and add some sponge weathering afterwards :)

Great looking saboteur, the two look really cool togerher!

Thanks dude, glad you like them :)

Lovely work man. The blue looks very interesting, its the first time I see something like that.

Thanks! Glad you like the blue :)

Thanks for looking ;)

The models look awesome, but I especially love the lenses, it is something I always sruggle with.

Thanks bro! Lenses and gems were one of the first things that I learned to paint, so I always enjoy working on them.

Beautiful as always, kizz. Lovely sculpt too. Did you do the cloak or is it FW? I'm not particularly familiar with that niche in the range...

Thanks bro! I've used the Mor Deythan minis, and the cloak is part of the mini :)

99550101476_RavenGuardMorDeythanStrikeSq

A character series box! Whoop! Pray tell what is in the works!

Tease! What's in them and are they going to be pink?...

tenor.gif

The boxes are: four Anvillus Dreadclaws and Armillus Dynat.

So nothing pink or purple, but the last couple of units for my 2.5k Alpha Legion army. I'm really looking forward to working on Dynat, but I'm much less excited about the Dreadclaws... they can be a pain in the arse.

OHHHHH SNAP! 

A question about your Alpha Legion since I am discretely copying them. Are some of the legs of your Effrit stealth squad plastic mk4 legs that have the knee pads filed down?

Definitely looking forward to more of the XX legion. Best of luck with the dreadclaws. I would love to have some hovering around, even the kharbydis, but I get instant anxiety thinking about building one.

tenor.gif

So nothing pink or purple, but the last couple of units for my 2.5k Alpha Legion army. I'm really looking forward to working on Dynat, but I'm much less excited about the Dreadclaws... they can be a pain in the arse.

Dreadclaws first then dynat reward? Are you keeping dynat as is or nodding him? Belting model and love the head.

Why so many Dreadclaws?! Madness :p

OHHHHH SNAP! 

A question about your Alpha Legion since I am discretely copying them. Are some of the legs of your Effrit stealth squad plastic mk4 legs that have the knee pads filed down?

Definitely looking forward to more of the XX legion. Best of luck with the dreadclaws. I would love to have some hovering around, even the kharbydis, but I get instant anxiety thinking about building one.

Yeah, most of the legs on the Effrit veterans are modified MkIV. The sergeants running legs and the kneeling marine are both actual MkVI, but the rest are mostly the converted MkIV.

What are you worried about with the Anvillus and Kharybdis? The assembly or having them balance on the flying stands?

Interested to know what your working on next, is it more Alpha's or a new legion?

Edit: just seen you posted tonsay what your working on. Lookin forward to seeing Dynat.

Yeah, more Alphas. The army will be nearly complete once I've painted these latest additions.

tenor.gif

Dreadclaws first then dynat reward? Are you keeping dynat as is or nodding him? Belting model and love the head.

Why so many Dreadclaws?! Madness :tongue.:

Hahaha, no chance! I always paint the fun things first...

I'm planning to convert Dynat a little bit. I'm not a fan of the head so I'll be replacing it with the bare head from the plastic MkIV kit (the same head that I used on the Terminator Delegatus). I'm also planning to have him holding his thunder hammer in a two handed pose, but I'll probably try a few things before I settle on a final look.

The Dreadclaws are transports for the Veterans and Terminators. You didn't think the Machine Killer/combi-melta vets were going to walk did you? ;)

I've been doing some work on my minor Dynat conversion.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN5942_zpsjzlx90rm.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN5941_zps3ftxwssm.jpg

I hope you like him :)

Gorgeous models! :drool:

Thanks a lot, bro :)

Thanks for looking ;)

Dynat looks cool, dude. A really subtle conversion. Only when I looked up the original to see what was so different, I realized you completely altered his pose! Well done indeed!

@ Hushrong: 

Hidden Content

A question about your Alpha Legion since I am discretely copying them. 

If that's your idea of discreet, then maybe the Alpha Legion is not for you perhaps? ;) :p

This Dynat is an improvement on the original pose. Hammer is up, stance shows he is ready to fight, and the plastic head simply looks good on him.

@ Hushrong: 

Hidden Content

If that's your idea of discreet, then maybe the Alpha Legion is not for you perhaps? :wink::tongue.:

Aww man, I was only recruited a week ago by Alph.... I mean. Uhhhh. :censored: !

Edited by hushrong

I've made a start on painting Dynat.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN5943_zpsdykpwxiw.jpg

I decide to use a lot more bronze on his armour than FW did with their mini. I decided to go with the bronze because Extermination mentions that Legion forces associated with Dynat were know to sometimes detail their armour with bronze.

I hope you like him.

The head looking to his right feels much more natural, IMO. Awesome job, brother.

Thanks bro! Yeah, most people have been saying that they prefer the head looking to the right (the first image). Personally I'm not so sure.

Pretty neat, brother. Nice pose. :thumbsup:

Thanks, dude! Glad you like him.

Dynat looks cool, dude. A really subtle conversion. Only when I looked up the original to see what was so different, I realized you completely altered his pose! Well done indeed!

They say that's the sign of a good conversion, so thank you very much :)

Great work as always. Really clean conversion and as @Augustus said I had to think about how he looks normally!

Thanks a lot bro, glad you like how he is looking.

This Dynat is an improvement on the original pose. Hammer is up, stance shows he is ready to fight, and the plastic head simply looks good on him.

@ Hushrong: 

Hidden Content

If that's your idea of discreet, then maybe the Alpha Legion is not for you perhaps? :wink::tongue.:

Aww man, I was only recruited a week ago by Alph.... I mean. Uhhhh. :censored: !

Hahaha, not all of the Alphas are discreet, “Five hundred of the Legion elite, clad in adamantium, they [the Lernaeans] were the brutal edge of a Legion known for subterfuge, but still made for slaughter.”

Excerpt From: John French. “Praetorian of Dorn.” iBooks. 
At the end of the day the XX are still hyper-savage-post-human killing machines :P

Thanks for looking ;)

Can't wait to see more of that Dynat, it is a very cool conversion and with your great painting skills I'm sure it'll look awesome!

Thanks dude! Glad you like him. Hopefully I'll be able to get him to the next stage tomorrow :)