Love all the tiny characterful details, especially those little short swords. What are those from exactly?

If I had to guess I'd say they were High Elf weapons, the slender-yet-curvy double-edged design is very typical of their style.

EXCELLENT! P.S if you're afraid of losing challenges due to initiative just give him artificer armor. 2+ save against swords and lances, and anything else will be hitting the same time as you (even at possibly less attacks if its a fist)

*Edit* Just realized flint said the same thing a page earlier, whoops lol

Edited by DimDim

Thanks everyone! I've given the squad a nice coat of Xereus Purple and a Druchii Violet wash. I'll post some picts once they have a bit more definition on them. I also built all of their bases today. I couldn't believe how long it took me, they're definitely more involved than the kind of bases that I usually use. I'll post some pics of them tomorrow when I get a chance.

Wish you lived closer man, I'd love to fight your glorious 3rd Legion!

The feeling is mutual. The III vs IX would be a glorious sight with enough bling to sink a ship :P Looking forward to your next update (especially the terminators).

Absolutely, boss. The amount of work you've clearly put into them is absolutely worth it. I'm sure once they're painted it'll look like they're stock models.

Thanks bro! The sign of a good conversion is that it looks like it could be a stock mini, so hopefully that's how they look once they're painted :)

Love all the tiny characterful details, especially those little short swords. What are those from exactly?

I'd love a step by step, I've been wondering how you get that gorgeous aged gold for quite awhile.

Thanks Flint! The swords are High Elf spear heads. I wanted something that could represent a characterful combat weapon, kind of like a Greek gladius. I feel that chainswords are a little clumsy for the Emperor's Children and actual combat blades seem a bit too short. I'll be going ahead with the step by step and the gold is super easy. Gehenna's Gold - Agrax Earthshade - Runefang Steel.

EXCELLENT! P.S if you're afraid of losing challenges due to initiative just give him artificer armor. 2+ save against swords and lances, and anything else will be hitting the same time as you (even at possibly less attacks if its a fist)
*Edit* Just realized flint said the same thing a page earlier, whoops lol

Thanks mate! The sergeant will definitely be getting artificer armour and in the end I just went with the rule of cool :)

Thanks dudes! :)

these are wonderfull !

not sure i saw the recipie you use for the deeper purple you achieve , would you mind sharing it?

No worries bro. The Purple is super simple. I start with a base coat of Xereus Purple which I then wash with Druchii Violet. I then layer more Xereus Purple and finish off with a highlight of Genestealer Purple. I'm going to post some step by step pics of the paint job once it's done :)

Just finished the bases. I realise that I might have gone a little overboard with the hazard stripes... :P I just needed some colour to break up the otherwise plain bases. Plus yellow and purple are complimentary colours. I'm hoping to get my first veteran squad rebased on these new bases tomorrow.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3379_zpsirlz81sh.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3380_zpsjwap5vp7.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3381_zpscvbnptxn.jpg

Thanks for looking ;)

Thanks everyone!

I really need to get my finger out of my :censored: if I ever want to achieve such good looking units. 

Hahaha, just keep chipping away at it bro, your painting is excellent. If you try to do too much at once you'll burn out.

These may be vile Slaaneshi scum (or at least on the way to becoming vile Slaaneshi scum), but they are also breathtakingly good. Gorgeous stuff!

Thanks Kraut! I'm planning to keep my legionaries loyal and away from the seductive grasp of the youngest Chaos God. I'm really looking forward to seeing you're Chaos Lord painted up, I feel that GW wrote Khorne Daemonkin just for you :tu:

These are some beautiful models, and the GS work is inspiring.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Thanks mate! Glad you like the green stuff work.

These are fantastic! I think the hazard stripes are great, really puts the IIIrd legion on a Legion Vessel in a way that other bases don't. Love it

That's exactly what I was going for. It's going to look strange once I start adding vehicles though...

Outstanding work brother. The bases really help to showcase the models :thumbsup:

Thanks dude! I'm much happier with these new bases.

Need game soooonnnn

Indeed brother, indeed. I need to write an army list and start working towards it :)

Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm in love with your pristine, cold whites.

Thanks! The white is cold and pristine because it's not actually white... ;)

How much do you want for a portion of you soul so I can paint somewhere near this level? :biggrin.:

Joking aside, the smoothness in general and the whites /swoon @_@

Thanks dude! Unfortunately I need my soul, otherwise I'd be happy to share :P

I have to say you are really bringing your models alive with your penchant for coloring and greenstuff!   Keep it up!

Thanks mate! I really wanted to make them unique and characterful, glad you like them.

Thanks again ;)

These are fantastic! I think the hazard stripes are great, really puts the IIIrd legion on a Legion Vessel in a way that other bases don't. Love it

That's exactly what I was going for. It's going to look strange once I start adding vehicles though...

Haha uhoh! There is deffo fluff that contemptors and the like fit into the corridors of some of the ships. And then you can always swing the "They are defending the loading bay!" bat?