I like it a lot. What looks odd is that you painted the white section (around the aquila on the front) but didn't continue it down the ribs. I'm unsure if it's clear which part i'm talking about, basically its the continuation of the armor plate you painted white already, just down the side of the forward section.

I think if you did this, it would look a bit crisper.

Thanks for the feedback! :tu:

Welcome to the Spartan Club!

Thanks, bro! I won't consider myself a true member until it's fully painted, though :P

I think that composition works.

Thanks, glad you like how it's looking :)

With your metals its going to look awesome

Yeah, hopefully the shading and highlights on the metals and purple will help to give it a bit more depth and a greater sense of detail. I'm interested to see how my metal painting technique works on the larger panels. I might have to adjust it a bit, I'm not sure that the wash will look as good on the larger areas.

Yeah that white definitely works on the front. Gonna look awesome!

Thanks, bro! Hopefully it all comes together nicely.

Thought the purple was patchy, then realised it was the reflections from the gold . . . :huh.:

Look forward to the next installment :smile.:

Haha, the 'bling' strikes again! Once I've given it all a wash and highlight, the gold will be toned down quite a bit and much less reflective.

I like it a lot. What looks odd is that you painted the white section (around the aquila on the front) but didn't continue it down the ribs. I'm unsure if it's clear which part i'm talking about, basically its the continuation of the armor plate you painted white already, just down the side of the forward section.

I think if you did this, it would look a bit crisper.

Yeah, I wimped out because it was going to be a real pain to pain the white down the sides between the main hull and the side panels. I think I might go back and paint the 'ribs', as you called them, with a light grey colour. It will be much easier to get the right coverage (than with white) and it will fix the problem that you identified.

I wasn't planing to do any painting today, but then the Australian government decided that it wanted to change Prime minister, so I've been watching/listening to the News for seven hours straight. I figured that I might as well multitask and get some painting done...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3766_zpsieaxdp57.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3765_zpsikgxck1r.jpg

I've since added some highlights to the gold, but didn't get a chance to take any pics. I'll see if I can post some up tomorrow :)

I'm starting to enjoy the Spartan a little bit more.

Thanks for looking ;)

Thanks guys! I've managed to do some more highlights on the Spartan.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3767_zpsia9pgsve.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3768_zps50e9fxnp.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3769_zpsmpduwokf.jpg

It's looking awesome kizz, I'm starting to share your're hatred for painting vehicles haha :biggrin.:

Haha, yeah. Vehicles are :censored:  Hopefully once it's done it'll all be worthwhile...

Airbrush would make it all better - when vehicles are concerned anyways... Big tanks... Grr...

Yeah, I've been considering getting myself an airbrush for a while now. It would definitely be a positive move as far as my mini completion rate is concerned.

Looks LOVELY

Thanks, bro! :)

Yeah, it's looking very nice. Really coming along.

Thanks for the kind words :)

It's bootiful man

Thanks, mate :)

I know you don't do this normally, but I think it needs weathering :ohmy.:

Looks awesome as is, but because of the size it looks colour blocky (maybe paint the sponson mounts silver too?)

Yeah, I'm definitely going to be adding some weathering. Because my army is based in a forgeworld/fortressworld/zone mortalis style, the weathering will probably be pretty limited and I'm not sure what kind to do (colours, textures etc).

Thanks for looking ;)

I don't want to get into any kind of political quagmire, but that guy needed to go.

The white additions were exactly what was needed to kick it up a notch and also break up those large expanses of purple. Incredible painting as always, sir.

I don't want to get into any kind of political quagmire, but that guy needed to go.

The white additions were exactly what was needed to kick it up a notch and also break up those large expanses of purple. Incredible painting as always, sir.

Yeah, he was a bit of an embarrassment... unfortunately not much will change because Australia's party system is too rigid. 

Glad you like the white panels. I'm going to clean them up and give then a highlight, but I'll be leaving them until last.

That is the best spartan I have ever seen :ohmy.::wub.:

Wow! Thanks, mate! Glad you like how it's going along :)

Ehh I work in government here in Australia and he wasn't really that bad.

Good use of a day off though kizz

Yeah, I figured that if I was going to sit around watching the 'Canberra games,' I might as well get some work done on the Spartan.