DA Dice Commitment Time

Pbenner

I have a group of 3 friends (An Ork, a C:SM, and a SW Player) who all play in my Pathfinder campaign who have volunteered to help me with the counting and packing up of the dice, so that part should go quickly. Then it's just a matter of getting them into the mail.

I will keep you all as up to date as possible.

Paul

Orks are always helpful! Sortin' dice, smashin' 'eadz, whatever. ;) You are lucky to have the help, and to only have three different varieties of dice that you have to sort through. :D I look forward to getting them, as my dice failed me horribly at the end of my most recent game. Well, I made some uncharacteristic mistakes too, which didn't exactly help either. :P

Well, I made some uncharacteristic mistakes too, which didn't exactly help either. :cry:

What? You mean in this game you actually need to know how to play? Its not just dice rolling?

THAAAAAAAAAAAAT's what I've been doing wrong all these years.

[sorry for the joke...but you know...saw a new post in this thread and...sigh...]

Orks are always helpful! Sortin' dice, smashin' 'eadz, whatever. :P You are lucky to have the help, and to only have three different varieties of dice that you have to sort through. :D I look forward to getting them, as my dice failed me horribly at the end of my most recent game. Well, I made some uncharacteristic mistakes too, which didn't exactly help either. :FA:

I've been using the B&C Deathwing dice since I got them last year, and they've been pretty darn good so far. But a full compliment of actual DW dice? I expect nothing but perfect rolls from now on. If the dice ever fail me, it would be due to my lack of faith in the Emperor, nothing more.

Paul make sure you include pics of all the dice as you're unloading them. I can't wait for these bad boys to arrive on my doorstep.

Paul make sure you include pics of all the dice as you're unloading them. I can't wait for these bad boys to arrive on my doorstep

^this^

I'd like to see all the dice together as well. It would be nice to see the whole "family" before they get spread across the galaxy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well 8 weeks to make the dice puts that date at 6/13/12.

Paul probably won't be waiting at the factory that morning... so add a week for him to pick them up... 6/20/12

Hopefully his crew can get the dice sorted and mailed in a week... 6/27/12

Post Office should get them delivered within a week to a month depending on how close we each live to Paul... 7/??/12

Only 38 days till the first marker!!!

Paul also has a new job, working 12 hour days 7 days a week. So it might be a bit more spread out for out bounds than I would have liked if things don't calm down between now and then. But the good news is that Paul isn't a broke bastard anymore :)

I will do my very best to make this happen as quickly as possible. My word on it.

Paul

Well, I guess whoever moved into your old place will be getting some dice...

j/k

Shoot me an email with your new address and I'll try to get it taken care of.

Paul

Paul also has a new job, working 12 hour days 7 days a week. So it might be a bit more spread out for out bounds than I would have liked if things don't calm down between now and then. But the good news is that Paul isn't a broke bastard anymore :)

I will do my very best to make this happen as quickly as possible. My word on it.

Paul

Oh no, speaking in the third person, quick get a Librarian and Chaplin over there.

Congratz for Paul for his new job.

Thanks to Paul's new friend for taking care of our dice :P

Both of them are safe...as long as we recieve our dice when 6th comes out.

Else...I'm sending in the worst troll I find around ;)

Private Message or an email, either one is fine.

In other news. Images Coming but my Step-Father bought my mom a computer aided embroidery machine. Today while at her home she made me a Deathwing Dice Bag.

Pictures when I am home tonight.

Paul

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss129/pbenner2250/2012-05-13_16-07-20_855.jpg

Shabam!

She put a lot of hours into it. Since it was a first of it's kind we ended up having to start from scratch.

It's made from Off-white Denim with Carmine thread and stitching. A really solid bag. ~8" top to bottom and about ~3.5" wide.

It's too many hours to be cost effective for her to put them together (She runs her own small business so her time is at a premium) but we're in the process of making the rest of the materials from the project into kits to make your own (All the paneling and everything except needle and thread plus hours) to make your own.

The leftovers lead me to believe there will be a small number of kits available. Need to check on exact numbers before I commit and I need to have time to get back down there before I'll have the kits done and all that jazz.

Best,

Paul

Its about the same size as a 1 litre crown royal bag. Not that big.

Big dice need a big bag. Especially when you are working on owning 100 dice to match your army.

Paul

My count down timer shows 29 days left till the first marker (dice complete).

Then we get to a sketchy time table that is based upon Paul's availability.

With his new job he might not be able to plan his leisure time accurately yet.

My estimates are 1-2 wks to retrieve dice, should be a 1 day trip but he may have to take time off to get there, and HR may have cut off dates for PTO requests.

Then 2 wks to sort and drop in post, I expect that it should only be about 24 hours of actual work for a crew of 4 guys, but will most likely have to be a "weekend" (common days off).

That 24 hour estimate is a pace of 42 dice per man per hour sorted and packed... So is not sweatshop pace by any means.

The actual delivery to the post office being on a separate day or days, depending on the size of Paul's car.

Finally 3 days to 4 wks for the postman to deliver depending on our proximity to Paul.

So less than 3 months till dice in hand, give or take.

Hers is a quick mock-up of inverted dice, just to see if anybody else is interested in them:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/btmcrae/da_inverted.gif

I like to use inverted dice when rolling for special characters, sergeants, or weapons that are different from the rest of a squad, such that I can roll everything at once.

I would be interested in some inverted die. IS there any movement on this?

I knew I forgot something!!

Need a minimum order of 200 of each print to make inverted happen. I will make a new thread tonight.

In regards to time frame, spoke with Chessex today and he gauges they are almost half way with the order. Another 4 weeks at best. Maybe slightly longer. As soon as I have word I will let you guys know.

I will make a thread for inverted dice tonight when I get home. It shouldn't be hard.

I expect to do all the packing in one day and then spend a few hours at the post office getting them all out. Hopefully it wont be too bad. I have worked myself into a position that if I give notice a day off to accomplish the post office work wont be hard.

Will keep everyone in the loop.

Paul

Archived