Elmo's seemingly constant WIP

elmo

I need to complete the chaplain (and an IG Heavy Weapon Squad) first so I should be looking at starting them next weekend.

Stay tuned ;)

• 2 weeks later...

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/P2220023_zps5d5c603f.jpg

The last pearl will be this converted Librarian on a bike.

There is still a bit of GSing to do before painting begins but I am giving myself a deadline of 9th Mar for added pressure ;)

All now undercoated and painting will start in earnest now that my 3 meatsack autocannons are done...

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/P3020002_zpsdfe3ae5f.jpg

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/P3020001_zps6eea32cf.jpg

I should be nearly done by the weekend - we will see :smile.:

Edited by Elmo9141

Thanks Capt. S.

He wont be anything really special - blue Libby on RW bike with power sword and a bit of DA bling. I still have another 2 Chaplains and 1 Libby from the DV box to convert into something this year (Chaplain on a bike?)

Saving my self for a HH squad and the dreaded LR Ares but I am too scared to open those boxes at the minute plus I have 2 IG command squads to do this month. I really nead a holiday :wink:

Edited by Elmo9141

Here is the WIP of the Libby on his metal steed - most of the hard work is done  but the fine details need completing.

You get the idea where I'm going with him :)

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/P3080006_zps35b531ba.jpg

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/P3080004_zps2fac2693.jpg

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/P3080003_zpsb4ef5ad3.jpg

What do you guys think?

Thanks - but you really should not sell your soul. A kidney may be enough :tongue.:

He should be all done by next weekend.

After a focused effort I can now declare that this model is complete and, with it, my 6th vow :wink.:

Photos on Friday as usual.

Next up after finishing off some more of my meatsack IG will be either the....

Nephilim

or the

Landraider Ares

any preferences? I can't decide!

Edited by Elmo9141

Also how did you do the seals and robe? :ohmy.:

The bike and legs are from the DV RW Sgt along with the right arm

The torso, powerpack and left arm are from the DV Librarian.

The Libby was cut just above the belt and after a little trimming it was glued onto the bike/legs making sure that the position matched up with the Sgts arm.

Once the glue was dried I then merged the robes together and filled the gap between the body and the right arm with greenstuff.

The seals where already on the model so it was a fairly simple conversion (especially this is my first time using gs :wink:)

I have added a small amount of DA bling to the model and you will be able to see it when I upload the photos tomorrow.

If you meant colour wise then it was:

Robes...

Over the black base multiple layers of watered down bleached bone until you get good coverage

Devlin mud wash

dry brush bleached bone through to a final dry-drybrush of white one after the other using the same brush without cleaning it inbetween as I have found this gives a nice shade gradient as you go along.

Seals....

Scab red

watered down black ink/wash

Scab red on the raised part with a final blood red highlight

and the trick is -- gloss varnish to give the shiney wax look.

At the moment it looks like the LR is winning 2:1

but you still have time to vote...... will only be starting after Easter.

Edited by Elmo9141

All done but to save multiple posting I am just going to put the photo into my 4th Company thread - link

Edited by Elmo9141

Also how did you do the seals and robe? :ohmy.:

The bike and legs are from the DV RW Sgt along with the right arm

The torso, powerpack and left arm are from the DV Librarian.

The Libby was cut just above the belt and after a little trimming it was glued onto the bike/legs making sure that the position matched up with the Sgts arm.

Once the glue was dried I then merged the robes together and filled the gap between the body and the right arm with greenstuff.

The seals where already on the model so it was a fairly simple conversion (especially this is my first time using gs :wink:)

I have added a small amount of DA bling to the model and you will be able to see it when I upload the photos tomorrow.

If you meant colour wise then it was:

Robes...

Over the black base multiple layers of watered down bleached bone until you get good coverage

Devlin mud wash

dry brush bleached bone through to a final dry-drybrush of white one after the other using the same brush without cleaning it inbetween as I have found this gives a nice shade gradient as you go along.

Seals....

Scab red

watered down black ink/wash

Scab red on the raised part with a final blood red highlight

and the trick is -- gloss varnish to give the shiney wax look.

At the moment it looks like the LR is winning 2:1

but you still have time to vote...... will only be starting after Easter.

Was actually how you painted it, but the other bit was good info none the less :)

Damm that sounds simple, i have like 4-5 layers for papers and yours end up better looking..

And gloss.. i forgot i even had that around - thanks!

No problem - glad to help...

And I am a firm believer in simple!

EDIT: As the LPC and PtR are coming to an end I have just renamed this thread to be a general WIP.

I will try to keep all my upcoming WIPs here and then post Completed Photos to my Dark Angels thread so I will not have so many threads going at the same time.

Also many many thanks to both SG and Captain Semper for their hard work over the last few months.:thanks:

Edited by Elmo9141

:yes:

That's great Elmo - a very nice conversion there! It looks as if it was originally conceived in this pose... Well done mate!

As far as other events go, just wait, May is coming soon.... dumdumdumdum... ;)

Now go for the Ares! :D

Edited by Captain Semper

Thanks guys :smile.:

May? Nooooo..... (Tau are about to be released. My precious Xenos are back - 2 new codexes in half a year, what will my wallet do! :wallbash: )

Onto my next DA project which will be starting after the Easter hols, I have decided to go for another 10 HH DA as a quick 2 weeker before starting on either the Ares or the Nephilim.

Start photo

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/P2010014_zpsa08872e5.jpg

Edited by Elmo9141