Lorenzen's Abyss: Heresy, Necro & a load of other stuff

Lorenzen

glad you came back to this, definitely my fav thread in b+c

Yeah, but as a Death Guard player, you're kinda biased :P

More seriously, excellent work, Lorenzen. I wasn't too keen on the Typhus model when I first saw it but you've done a stellar job of making him look real damn appealing :tu:

Thanks guys, I'm actually a big fan of the model (though wasn't sold on the bare head originally as i prefered Dominik Oedingers artwork) the big thing for me is that the model is everything a death guard character should be.. nothing looks out of place, his armour looks brutal and functional yet isn't boring or basic.

There will be a lot more to come in this thread.. a lot of my army is currently only base coated and that needs to change, and with the weekender looming closer there will definitley be some additions to the army.. i feel a new lord of war choice needs to be added.

Well one of my favorite death guard painter is finally back!  You were one of the major inspiration for me to pick Death Guard for my pre heresy force.  Everything in this thread is a pure win, and I love every bit of it.  My Wallet kinda hates you though.  

His head does have a beard, Heathens. There is a nice shot of it on the FW page.

Lorenzen, keep up the fantastic work. I love the way you paint these guys, and I need even more temptation to start a Heresy force. (And cash!)

-Tarvik

What a fox. He looks awesome.

A quick question.... does his bare head have a beard, or is he clean shaven?

Yeah full beard, if you go back a page ive done a close up of his face. All his hair is sculpted even his stubble around the mohawk.

@Uprising; thanks man, my wallet hates me too :p

@Tarvik; bite the proverbial bullet dude, 30k is such a cool part of the hobby, everyones takes on the legions is fascinating and it improves on 40k as balance is kinda easy with 1 "codex"

• 2 weeks later...

10325578_10152158391771406_3478898868805

slowly working on some grave wardens (10 in total) taking a 3k army to the weekender to play in a 2v2 game with a few friends and want as much of it as possible to at least have some paint on it.. hoping for lots of DG updates this week.. or just serious failure and shame on my behalf..

Cheers, the wardens are excellent models and I think Keith Robertson has done an excellent job making them look like they only belong in 1 legion without losing the unadorned vibe of the dg that could have made them very plain.. hoping for more pics tomorrow night.. 10 man devi squad and the other wardens to this stage..

As I was browsing the photos of Mortarion from the weekender, my first thought after 'holy warp another Primarch I quite like' was 'I cannot wait to see what Lorenzen does with that grumpy bastard!' Glad to see my powers of foresight are coming in handy. Can't friggin' wait to see him painted up.

-Tarvik