Lorenzen's Abyss: Heresy, Necro & a load of other stuff

Lorenzen

He looks like he is coming together well already. You put a level of effort into your minis that puts me to shame. I shall have try harder.

Having only just found your thread I have 28 unread pages so far to keep me going though, looking forward to it.

They'd have to drag me kicking and screaming from B&C and astartes..

Right minor DG update to prove that work is still going on..

12036667_10153178474416406_5304373901446

the arms on the leviathan are blutacked in place whilst he awaits magnets.. he'll be magnetized at the elbow and wrists so that i can have every load out including dual choppy and dual grindy fists.. really though its all about the giant grav guns.. There is also an atropos being built for house makabius and another spartan which will be dedicated to the grave wardens finally (yay for built in tracks!)

Nah no fw paints, swapped out the oil wash for a mix of klear, sepia and agrax earthshade as the oil was giving me mixed results lately.. with a little tweaking i reckon this will be more consistant & grant me quicker turnover on models

Yeah the gradient on the chest is quite subtle in comparison to most.. but it adds a bit of interest to a large flat area.. did the same thing on the fist contemptor. As airbrushes get more popular youll start to see an increase in that style for vehicles

Edited by Lorenzen

If i can get away with using an airbrush i will for broad areas so the inside of the chassis behind the arms for example was airbrushed (arms come off) and a lot of the back.. but bits like the arms and the joints for the legs were done with a regular brush