Lorenzen's Abyss: Heresy, Necro & a load of other stuff

Lorenzen

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, been silent for a little while, but i have something to show for it.. I've been working on something quietly for a while to get ready for the heresy weekender and its finally close enough to show him off. Still a few bits that need finishing and touching up on him, but hes mostly done...

http://orig01.deviantart.net/8312/f/2016/022/6/6/perturabo_by_typhion-d9owyg9.jpg

Thanks guys, I wanted to paint him for the weekender before they announced the change to it being a full GD rather than just a separate competition & had a solid idea of how I wanted to approach him.

I'm really pleased with how the face turned out, they're my favourite part of a model to paint anyway & I like how much character the sculpt had

Boom! Dayum, that is one sweet paint job. The only thing that "bothers" me, and I can't quite figure out why, is the use of two different reds (one for the wreckage and one for the tabard). I find that they don't go together.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand what you mean but I decided to go with the different reds to add a bit more interest and keep pert generally more saturated than the knight.. plus how often do you colour coordinate with your enemies ;)

There's a few minor bits left to do (week left til deadline) but most of that is now "want to do" rather than "need to do" so I'm happy. No clue as to what the competition is going to be like this year as the change in format alters things quite a lot.. though with a multiple time slayer sword winner attending this year I'm glad it's not just 1 prize up for grabs!

Cheers dude, was nice meeting you too and i hope some day we can get some games & beer organized :)

Unfortunately the judges didnt think Perty was good enough and once again I didnt make finalist. Think im gonna take a break from GD as its becoming a bad joke for me and just concentrate on some other projects.

all the pictures of the entrys can be seen on the warhammer world facebook page, i dont recall all of the finalists and didnt sit in on the ending seminar where they announced the winners as i was busy talking with Andy Hoare.. What i do remember is that a lot of models i personally felt weren't as good made it through, so i dunno what the judges were looking for and thats about all i can say on the matter as i never got chance to speak to any of the judges or find out who they were at that.

• 1 month later...

Update time and back to the main grit of this thread.. DEATH GUARD!

i've decided that going forwards i want to improve the scheme i have for them and generally make them a little more fancy looking and eventually will go back to some of the older stuff and update it to fit with the newer stuff (if and where neccessary)

12801326_10153413762786406_1914217689232

the first model of the improved DG is a contemptor as theyre always fun to work on and gives me a good idea of how to approach both the vehicles and infantry.

i also have a new banner in progress for my standard bearer.. the old one i had made wasnt up to scratch sculpt wise so ive spent a lot more time on this one and have used an upscaled version of one of the DG banners from the new transfer sheet to make it look suitably epic.. afterall if its gonna represent 1/7th of a legion it should be pretty damn big imho.

12790952_10153385906626406_1211040086762

still need to chose a suitable banner top and do some work on the rear of it sculpt wise

Wow glad your back that banner is amazing seriously very cool....not to de rail anything but do you have any tips on painting the DG without using a airbrush

If i was going to do DG without an airbrush id use a variation of Paul Rudge's scheme (99% of forge worlds death guard pics are his personal army) basecoat the model in typhon ash and any green parts in lothern forest, block in the bronze areas with your choice of bronze/gold paint then use a controlled wash of sepia mixed with klear over the whole model. Weather and detail as you see fit.

Though personally i think everyone should invest in airbrushes even if its just to do base colours.