Lorenzen's Abyss: Heresy, Necro & a load of other stuff

Lorenzen

Thanks guys, the banner was a pain to sculpt but im happy with it. a lot of the folds are kinda hidden by the design but i had to get them "right" so it took forever.

done some more work on the dread and hopefully this picture wont be rescaled by "the internet" and will actually show everything properly.

http://pre00.deviantart.net/649a/th/pre/f/2016/072/3/1/dgdread_by_typhion-d9uxdvb.jpg

That contemptor is awesome! I really like the dark shading blended up to the tan color. At first I thought it might be too dark, but looking at the completed model, the dark parts really work to contrast the lighter parts and show off the grimy look. Well done!

Thanks guys :) ive got a spartan in the works atm too (pics soon) just figuring out where all the gradients are going to be and hopefully not making it look too weird or too dark.

• 3 months later...

Been quite a while since i updated this.. Motivation has been lacking recently and ive been occupying myself with The Division and work rather than hobby lately, but i finally got round to trying out the improved scheme on an infantry model and will be pushing forwards with updating the army and continuing with an improved level of quality to them.

13495303_10153629371911406_7827131535707

• 1 month later...

Been busy with work lately and have decided to reorganize my hobby room a bit whilst i have some time off.. In doing so I've also decided its time to get all the plastic stuff i have together and do something with it.. So this thread will no longer just be Heresy related but will be having some stuff from my new project too..

So what is this new stuff? Red Scorpions! I wanted to do a somewhat simple scheme so i could churn out all the plastics and despite have a decent number of Minotaurs and my much neglected Fire Angels I figured a fresh start was in order.. plus metallics will always have that "its metallic so its clearly drybrushed" mentality attatched to them that stops people looking a bit further.

So we start with a test model for the scheme and a conversion.. because i cant leave stuff alone.

13669699_10153709994181406_1035015441019

13876486_10153709979921406_1175791755169

I like the Culln model for his Captain form, but not for the Chapter Master version of him (tbh ill probably use dead culln when that gets released anyway) so wanted to play about with him a little.. the cloak still needs work and there are little details i want to add to the front to make it look a little more like the artwork from the 1st badab book.. but you can see where he is going.

Awesome grey on that Red Scorpion! How have you done it? 

Thanks, the grey is very simple. Prime black then with an airbrush do some zenith highlights with vallejo model air base grey then some spot highlights with model air light grey, wash the model with thinned down deathshroud clear and then apply edge highlights with the light grey.