Devastators

More just moved to completion. Again, basing and detail to my current level (for example, the helmets weren't highlighted or had coloured lenses).

February Update

10/14 complete

7 Infantry (Devastators) complete

med_gallery_62972_9848_631813.jpg

Attack Bike WIP

March

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete 1x Inquisitor, 1x Attack Bike, and 9 related bike "bits" by month's end.

med_gallery_62972_9848_222302.jpg
med_gallery_62972_9848_128583.jpg

To do:
  • Attack Bike - Build, paint (to completion), base
  • Inquisitor - "Enhance", paint (to completion), base
  • Other - Just highlights, remaining details, fixes, and a couple of weapon choices

Once upon a time there was a need for three Attack Bikes. Maybe that time will come again, who knows, but in the meantime, it's been sat in my backlog and needs doing. I'll also be getting the rest of m bikes to the same standard too, which should only take one or two evenings tbh. Just full highlights, same colour lights, lenses, weapon choices, power weapon fades, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Bikes and Attack Bikes

March complete

11/11 complete

Bikes complete

gallery_62972_9848_259470.jpeg

gallery_62972_9848_315767.jpeg

Tweaks:

2nd Ed Attack Bike - magnetised weapons (instead of blue tac), helmets shaded, exhausts, lights, eye lenses to current spec, banner reattached

Attack Bike - satchel added, extra highlights, multi-melta magnetised, sidecar arms reattached

2nd Ed squad - highlights (armour and weapons), plasma casing, bases updated to current, power sword transitions, banner poles reattached

Mk IV rider - base to current spec, body highlights

Lance Sergeant - base to current spec, Lance transitions, text, all combi-weapon options magnetised and painted, body highlights, banner reattached

"Newer" melta biker - melta gun and plasma gun painted, base to current spec, body highlights, textbanner reattached

Chainsword - touched up, text

Bonus shot of my three Attack Bikes:

gallery_62972_9848_34021.jpeg

Edited by Jolemai

Terminators WIP

Couldn't put it off any longer and will be cracking on with my "Nipplenators" at long last.

AprilI, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete 8x Terminators by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_224557.jpeg

To do:

• Magnetise all weapon options on five of them
  • Paint all to completion
Edited by Jolemai

• 4 weeks later...

That's a solid chunk done, Jole!
I remember how taxing were the termies last time I painted them. I see you made yourself some motivation incentive with the GK heads. Have their front plates also been modified?

Interesting addition of SG shoulder pads too :thumbsup:

Edited by Majkhel

This is an extremely old conversion and something I've been working on for years.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/259236-sanguinary-terminators/

Sanguinary Terminators (or Jorre-pattern Terminators), which have been affectionately referred to as Nipplenators given Sanguinary Guard armies used to be called Nipplewing.

The first picture is from 2016, the second is from 2020.

gallery_62972_9848_454037.jpg

gallery_62972_9848_20792.jpeg

How it looks after the armour was painted:

med_gallery_62972_9848_2377.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Battle Report

Blood Angels Vs Biel Tan, 1250 points

Armies
My 1250 DC list - 4 CP*
  • Lemartes
  • Sanguinary Priest
  • 3x5 Tactical Squad
  • 3x5 Death Company
  • 2x1 Death Company Dreadnought
  • 1x5 Scout Squad

med_gallery_62972_9890_197357.jpeg

Biel Tan - 3 CP*
  • Skyrunner Farseer
  • 1x19 Dire Avengers
  • 1x7 Howling Banshees
  • 1x5 Fire Dragons
  • Falcon Grav Tank
  • 1x5 Dark Reapers
  • 1x3 Shinning Spears

med_gallery_62972_9890_293845.jpeg

* Incursion level game, but extended to 1250 points. The Biel Tan player was supposed to take this to an event but it got cancelled, so we played instead - however, I only saw the basic rule pack and didn't realise it was Incursion rules for making a list too! So I had to remove 6 CP (this list normally has 10 CP), but was allowed to keep the 3rd DC squad as I didn't know and had no replacements. (Incursion has a rule of two, strike force is three).

Pregame
Mission was Cleanse The Land from GT Nachmund. Special Rule: Land Purged - If an objective is claimed by an ObSec unit, it remains under your control when you move away ("sticky objectives")
Primaries are Take And Hold: 4/4/4 for holding one/holding/two/holding more than your opponent, which are scored in the Command Phase of rounds 2-5 (player who goes second scores T5 at the end of the game instead); Direct Assault: End of turn, 2 VPs for satisfying one condition, 3 VPs for both. 1) Control every Objective/Control one they didn't control last turn 2) Destroy at least one unit in range of an Objective at the start of your turn
Secondaries BA:
  • Oath of Moment - End of Battle Round 1) destroy a Character/Vehicle/Monster = 1 VP; 2) Don't Fall Back - 1 VP; 3) A unit is wholly within the 6" of the centre - 2 VP
  • Stranglehold - End of turn, 3 VPs if you hold 3 Objectives and more than your opponent
  • Retrieve Nachmund Data - One Infantry/Biker unit has to perform an Action > 6" into each table quarter. If successful, they get a servo skull. Two = 4 VPs, Three = 8 VPs, Four = 12 VPs

Secondaries Biel Tan:

• Wrath of Khaine - End of Battle Round, Aspect units 1) destroy a unit in the Shooting phase = 1 VP; 2) destroy a unit in the Assault phase = 1 VP; 3) destroy a unit in both = 2 VPs
  • Stranglehold - End of turn, 3 VPs if you hold 3 Objectives and more than your opponent
  • Raise The Banners High - Infantry performs an Action on an Objective. Whilst it has a "flag" on it, each flag gives 1 VP in the subsequent Command phases and 1 VP at end of the game

Map is laid out as per the instructions and uses the recommended minimum size (44" x 30"). Give objectives; the two that can't be seen on the next pic on in the centre of the board and behind the statue.

med_gallery_62972_9890_39380.jpeg

BA deploy a Tactical Squad in the ruins on an objective (TS1), one behind the green crates (TS2), and one at the other extreme of their zone (TS3). DC1 is far forward, everything else is clumped behind cover and wants to go up towards the adjacent objective. Scouts in Reserve

BT put the FDs and Falcon into Reserve. DRs onto the ruin, with their jetbikes behind, and DAs underneath. HBs and Avatar pushed forward on their board edge

BA go first and DC1 makes use of Forlorn Fury...

The Game
T1
DC1 jumps onto the ruins. After killing a DR with their shooting, they charge the Jetbikes taking them down to 1W (Exarch) and knocking a wound off the Farseer. Meanwhile, TS1 frags a couple more DRs and fells the HBs with a Quake Bolt and TS3 has advanced into the other quarter behind some crates. Lemartes gets off both Litany of Hate (DC rerolls) and Canticles of Hate (DC +2 charge/advance), allowing him, DC2, and DC3 to close the gap on the HBs, with the Priest in tow after making the objective sticky. A couple of Elves die to shooting before everything makes the charge and dispatches the HBs. DCD1 advances towards the centre of the board, DCD2 slowly follows the DC and hides in the ruin they passed through.

The Falcon imitates a Drop Pod and lands in the vacant quarter. It disgorges it's cargo which unsurprisingly detonate DCD1, who proceed to battle focus towards the statue. Firepower from the Falcon, DAs, DRs and the spell Doom, leave DC3 with a sole member. The SS Exarch performs a Hit and Run on the DC1 and after all the fighting (and Smiting) is done there, a single DC remains and the Farseer has 1W left. Meanwhile, the Avatar has it's choice of targets. It slams into DC2 only for Lemartes to Heroically Intervene and tank all the hits through Angel's Sacrifice - somehow surviving with 1W remaining. Meanwhile, the Avatar loses ~ 6W or so from retaliation.

T2
TS3 makes it's move behind into the Falcon's quarter, hides, and finds a Servo Skull. After reviving a member from DC3, they and the Priest reinforce the Farseer fight resulting in the SS Exarch being pulled from his Bike but the Farseer surviving as DC1s service is ended. Remaing shooting is somewhat ineffective, just a FD killed. DCD2 barrels into the Avatar leaving it on 1W which is enough for DC2 to maul it, but not before Lemartes is squished.

Spells and combat remove DC3, whilst shooting account for DC2. However, the FDs whiff against DCD2, who have now move to the centre... Meanwhile, the DAs have raised a banner on their objective.

T3
TS2 collects a Servo Skull this time, TS1 continues to plink away, and TS3 engages the Falcon, taking off three wounds. The Priest and the Farseer continue to exchange blows, whilst DCD2 tramples the FDs into the ground (6W remain), and claims the centre objective.

Spells aren't enough to dispatch the Priest, so the DAs engage as well to take him out. The Falcon whiffs its shooting but looses no further wounds. The DRs aren't having a good time of it either...

T4
TS1 collects a skull this time, but the Scouts arrive on the home board edge in case the centre needs reinforcing. DCD2 pops the Falcon and tries to hide near a ruin, TS2 moves south towards the centre objective.

All the Eldar firepower is focused on removing DCD2 before finding somewhere to hide

T5
TS2, TS3, and the Scouts claim the centre

The Farseer claims an Objective in a vacant quarter, the rest of their shooting eventually slays the Scouts

Final Score

BA
  • Primary 1: 0/12/12/12/12
  • Primary 2: 2/2/4/0/0
  • Primary total: 45
  • Oath:1/2/3/2/3
  • RND: three skulls = 8
  • Strangle:3/3/3/3/3
  • Secondary total: 34
  • Painted: 10
  • Total: 89

Eldar

• Primary 1: 0/4/8/4/8
  • Primary 2: 0/2/0/0/2
  • Primary total: 28
  • Strangle: 0/0/0/0/0
  • Banners: 0/1/1/1/1 +1
  • Wrath: 1/4/0/1/1
  • Secondary total: 12
  • Painted: 10
  • Total: 50

BA 89:50 Eldar

To the winner, the spoils!

med_gallery_62972_9890_13496.jpeg

Edited by Jolemai

Battle Summary

Overall:

• Umm'd and arr'd about using this list, but it seems like I made the correct choice. Needed to tweak it from it's previous incarnation as I needed stuff to do Actions with, the musings for that can be found here. Seems I've been using a version of this list now for around ten years!
  • Incursion sized board had gone from a 4' x 4' board to 44" x 30" which is tiny. It's pretty much first turn winner and with the Eldar list built for charging it could have been very different. As it happens, I was all over them and kept them penned in, which allowed my Tacticals to do their thing. As it happens, this is normally how I beat Eldar :sweat:
  • Apart from forgetting RND on T1 and not using my Scouts particularly well, I didn't make many mistakes for a change...
Units:
  • Lemartes - whiffed his T2 Litanies but otherwise did his job well. Obviously useful for this type of list. Completely forget I could have used the 3++ Death Vision in conjunction with Angel's Sacrifice...
  • Sanguinary Priest - Unsurprisingly a staple if I'm using jump packs. Three units in Assault Doctrine early (I stayed in Tactical Doctrine T2 & T3) and having Artificer Armour certainly helped against that singing spear. Even rezzed a couple of DC. Rites of Battle only worked on turning an Objective "sticky", Visage of Death wasn't needed (forgot about the -1 to hit part!!!)
  • Tacticals - Did their job well, couldn't ask for more. Even got away with the Quake Bolt (though tbh it wasn't needed and if I had known about the low CP in advance I wouldn't have taken it)
  • Death Company - The Forlorn squad tied up his Farseer and Shinning Spears perfectly, but couldn't finish the job due to Eldar shenanigans (convert damage to zero being the standout), the other two and Lemartes did well enough. Having a 2+ save in Light Cover with AoC was :thumbsup:
  • Death Company Dreadnought - Wanted to use them for Oath, but that didn't exactly go to plan really (Falcon channelling a Drop Pod put paid to that...), but the second ran riot for the most part. I do like them in this list.
  • Scouts - Plan here was to Outflank them late for RND in the quarter I hadn't done yet, but there was no room. At least they helped secure Oath in the final turn.
Edited by Jolemai

• 2 weeks later...

Termite WIP

Love at first site, but then I adore seeing Epic stuff make it's way to 40k...

June

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete 1 x Termite by month's end.

med_gallery_62972_9848_1093846.jpg

To do:

• Build, paint, complete.

• 1 month later...

Nicely done, Jole! And you painted the interior too :thumbsup:
I like how the doors are coated in red paint only on the exterior, while the edges remain in the color of... whatever the hull is made of :yes:
The front looks business! Would look awesome with some dry pigments dabbed on :wink:

Captain and Sanguinary Guard WIPs

This month I'll be doing (yet another) Captain and getting my SG up to scratch (and adding two more).

Edited by Jolemai

Used my 2k troop list against GK last night.

Lost 55-43. Was winning by eight points at the end of T4 and if Dante had killed his target (TDA Apothecary), I would have won outright.

Secondaries were Engage (8), RND (4), and Blade (0). RND is low because my Scout Squad rolled a 6 and failed. 

Starting with 2 CP hurt, but generating 1 CP each player turn does mitigate it. List will need some teaks going forward.

On 7/4/2022 at 3:39 PM, Jolemai said:

Cheers and unfortunately, I don't have anything like that, so it's just the minor wear and tear...

I totally understand - haven't owned any pigments till last month or so and they are still a mystery to me in many ways. Before that I was using drybrushing and/or bright self-made washes to simulate the effect. It also worked ;) Fortunately in painting there are many paths to achieving results.