1 hour ago, Father Mapple said:

Is it... is it smaller? lol

It was steadily getting smaller, but then I bought five things from FW last year and that second ed treasure trove :blush:

The only thing I need to buy this year is carry cases tbh...

Devastator WIP  

January's focus will be a five man squad of Devastators - or rather, a Sergeant with power fist and four blue helmeted Marines with plasma cannons.

• The Sergeant because I don't seem to have that many with power fists (and mine have gold heads so they can mingle between units). He's a 2nd ed one from my backlog, but do I leave him with a bolter?
  • Plasma cannons so a) I can run a five man Heavy Support Squad in Heresy if I want to (using my Mk VII Tactical plasma cannon as the Sergeant) and b) because I have some Kromlech bits to use which were a gift a while back. I also have a 2nd ed one in the backlog

2 hours ago, Jolemai said:

January

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 4x Devastator Marines, 1x Sergeant by month's end.

Reveal hidden contents

large.IMG_20240112_090209322.jpg.2781f18

To do:

• Strip red one
  • Add BA bling if needed
  • Build and paint

Various Dreadnought WIPS

I like to have a year long project on the go as well. Usually, this is something different from Blood Angels to keep me sane (OOP Delaques, Raging Heroes Daemons proxies, Space Hulk Genestealers), but I've decided to average one Dreadnought every two months instead :teehee: So it's one month to build/prime/start, and one month to complete as a palate cleaner from my other stuff - I just need to make sure I'm not painting a red Dreadnought on a red Marine month and vica versa...

Some of these need a bit of work, be it conversions or magnetising or whatever, and doing it this way *should* mean I can take my time with them and get things like green stuff how I want them, etc. We'll see how it goes...

1 hour ago, Jolemai said:

Plodding Along

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the year of 2024 pledge to complete 2x Leviathan Dreadnought, 1x BA Dreadnought, 1x Contemptor Dreadnought, 1x Ironclad Dreadnought, 1x Venerable Dreadnought by year's end.

Reveal hidden contents

large.IMG_20240111_210129652.jpg.826c477

To do:

• BA Contemptor to be built, magnetised, and painted. Currently there are three weapon options for it
  • BA Dreadnought to be magnetised, and completed. Will be served all three ways like my previous one
  • BA Leviathan to be built, magnetised, and painted. Currently there are three weapon options for it
  • Ironclad to be built, magnetised and painted. Spot of green stuff and bling to be added
  • Leviathan to be build, magnetised, painted, and slightly converted (also some green stuff). Has two weapon options
  • Venerable Dreadnought to be striped, maybe blinged, rebuilt, based, and painted.

• 2 weeks later...

Leave the bolter on the power fist sergeant! They've never really been able to get extra attacks from any source reliably (besides 2x power fists or chain fists in previous editions) and it will be less profiles to remember for ranged weapons. 

Excited to see the dreadnoughts! That's quite a collection. Maybe paint one black and one blue for death and librarian dreadnoughts? I have a chaplain painted one I just run as a furioso now. That infernus cannon dreadnought bit is now a frag cannon counts as.

5 hours ago, Father Mapple said:

Leave the bolter on the power fist sergeant! They've never really been able to get extra attacks from any source reliably (besides 2x power fists or chain fists in previous editions) and it will be less profiles to remember for ranged weapons. 

Excited to see the dreadnoughts! That's quite a collection. Maybe paint one black and one blue for death and librarian dreadnoughts? I have a chaplain painted one I just run as a furioso now. That infernus cannon dreadnought bit is now a frag cannon counts as.

I did leave the bolter on in the end as it was easier and looks good tbh. Those five models are about half way done now.

As for the Dreadnoughts, wait and see for the colours :teehee: there might even be a surprise thrown in...

Edited by Jolemai

• 2 weeks later...

Devastator Squad complete

One 2nd edition power fist Sergeant

One 2nd edition plasma cannon Devastator Marine

Three plastic Mk IIIs with Kromlech plasma cannons

Just now, Jolemai said:

January Complete

5/5 complete

5 Marines complete

large.IMG_20240202_085518269.jpg.5a66682

Reveal hidden contents

large.IMG_20240202_085552999.jpg.623cd92

large.IMG_20240202_085610620.jpg.64f51ef

Baal Predator WIP

Expecting to have this finished by the end of the month.

Just now, Jolemai said:

February

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 1x Baal Predator by month's end.

Reveal hidden contents

large.IMG_20240204_111326890.jpg.cbb2b05

To do:

• Continue cleanup
  • Repairs
  • Build and paint

3 hours ago, Xenith said:

10x 2nd ed assault marines, 5 cataphractii, and the RT predator. 

The RT Predator needs a few fixes but is certainly doable, as are the RAS.  They should both we done this year at some point.

As for the Cataphractii, I still haven't worked out how to do the magnetisation...

43 minutes ago, Jolemai said:

As for the Cataphractii, I still haven't worked out how to do the magnetisation...

I think I'm an expert in that by now - even extended it to melee and missile weapons, I'll chuck up some pics. The cata arms already kind of have guide holes for magnets, which makes things easier, just do a guide hole first as they're at an angle. 

• 4 weeks later...

Baal Predator

Whilst repairing the tank, I came across a solution for the flamestorm cannon, so I magentised both turret options. I'm happy enough with how it all turned out.

VAS WIP

Something I've had in bits for ages now. Breacher shields, kitbash of bits (namely BA/SM/GK), selection of weapons. I'll be magnetising the jump packs (seeing as I still use Legends datasheets) and I'm going to magetise the hand weapons so I can build them as Breachers for HH at some point.

TDA Chaplain, Dreadnought WIP

Ironclad update

Decided to push myself this month and entered the March Madness event over in The Forge:

7 minutes ago, Jolemai said:

"I, Reclusiarch Jolemai vow to embrace my madness and complete 1x TDA Chaplain, 1x5 Vanguard Veterans with jump packs, 1x Ironclad Dreadnought, 1x Venerable Dreadnought (495 points) for the glory of the Blood Angels sub-forum and Chapter by 3rd April 2024* and vow to share my madness with others as I March for March!"

* this vow is comprised of parts from my 12 Month Challenge March and Plodding vows. The April segment (Chaplain and VAS) need to be finished by the date listed to secure the Overtime badge

Ironclad, Venerable Dreadnought, Chaplain WIP

Reveal hidden contents

large.IMG_20240305_230025694.jpg.f7cd386

Yes, I know my setup is a mess right now :blush:

Vanguard WIP

Reveal hidden contents

large.IMG_20240303_210119625.jpg.efa25ba

Which was great until I realised that Easter is early this year and the schools will be out. Oops :facepalm:

Still;

• The Ironclad is at the metal painting stage. After that, it's just the detail. It shouldn't take too long to finish...
  • The metal Dreadnought is a straightforward strip and repaint. I'll do it's base the same time as the VAS and as it's red, can use it as a reward/do in tandem with the unit too
  • The VAS need a spot of magentisation, one weapon reposition, and then paint and base. They are a little different from my usual stuff which will help with motivation
  • The time I save painting black and doing the Chaplain's base with the others will likely get spent on all that scrollwork, but otherwise should be ok.

If I can get what needs undercoating done by the end of the weekend, then that will be great.

That OG Baal Predator is beautiful. I like the turret options. Magnetizing the old metal bits to that rhino frame was killer, I bet. 

I have a vindicator from that era. The metal parts never sat right on the plastic without so much work. Did you have anything like that?

2 hours ago, Father Mapple said:

That OG Baal Predator is beautiful. I like the turret options. Magnetizing the old metal bits to that rhino frame was killer, I bet. 

I have a vindicator from that era. The metal parts never sat right on the plastic without so much work. Did you have anything like that?

Thanks. Magnetising the turret turned out ok enough but doing that and sorting the tank itself out (strip, rebuild, repairs, etc) ended up being a bigger job then I expected.

I've only painted that Baal and an Annihilator from that era so far and tbh, I found my resin Sicaran more difficult (that took three build attempts...). I have a metal Whirlwind, metal Dreadnought, metal Land Speeder, and RT Predator to sort out at some point but no Vindicator yet.

I recently gave my metal whirl wind to my buddy who plays black templar as I never used it.

But my metal furioso was easy to build! When I used epoxy lol. It literally was too heavy for just super glue and would break in any kind of transit. I didn't pin anything, just used the two part epoxy that mixes as you dispense it with the plunger. 

But it is my death company dreadnought for two reasons: I painted it that way, and if I should ever drop it on someone accidentally they will die from the solid metal model. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Chaplain in Terminator Armour

The kit also comes two extra scrolls but there's no obvious place for them to go on the model :confused: so they are now in my bits box. Tried the under-helmet lighting idea, but I think I'm hampered by the paints and brush I have at hand tbh. Still, it looks ok - apart from how dusty things look in natural light...

18 hours ago, Jolemai said:

March Update 1/2

1/6 complete

Terminator Chaplain complete

large.original_f83b8169-5431-4069-997d-9

Reveal hidden contents

large.original_4be8c8fb-5beb-4e65-9356-5

large.original_f9ab4f76-36c8-4bce-94e0-e

large.original_7cad1318-fec6-47da-871f-3

Ironclad Dreadnought

Underslung weapons are magnetised in addition to the hips.

1 minute ago, Jolemai said:

Plodding Along update 1/6

1/6 complete

Ironclad Dreadnought complete

large.IMG_20240324_093722076.jpg.cc3846f

large.IMG_20240324_093843741.jpg.aba9f19

Reveal hidden contents

large.IMG_20240324_093737166.jpg.691de01

large.IMG_20240324_093950242.jpg.57e04cf

• 2 weeks later...

Vanguard Veterans with Jump Packs

Kitbash using DC, SG, SM, and GK bits. Something I've wanted to do for a while tbh. The weapons and jump packs are magnetised so I can eventually run them as foot VAS or even Breachers for HH.

3 minutes ago, Jolemai said:

March complete

6/6 complete

5 Vanguard Veterans with Jump Packs complete

large.IMG_20240403_091800253.jpg.5d0bf6a

Reveal hidden contents

large.IMG_20240403_091830034.jpg.9254ac0

large.IMG_20240403_091858518.jpg.c0d7c82

5 hours ago, Father Mapple said:

THose look great. Love that one with his spear going through the breacher shield especially. 

Cheers, that one was particularly inspired. I was tempted to do more and I still might tbf... It's a BA Chainsword arm and GKTDA spear.

2nd edition Blood Angels Dreadnought  

Forgot how heavy these are. Was able to salvage the original banner and I still need to find an older smoke launcher, but it's done for now anyway.

Just now, Jolemai said:

Plodding Along update 2/6

2/6 complete

"Venerable" Dreadnought complete

large.IMG_20240405_225919897.jpg.cb48e3f

Reveal hidden contents

large.IMG_20240405_225951477.jpg.679d955

large.IMG_20240405_225934792.jpg.28d0914

large.original_802b7312-ca37-4d32-9bc8-a

Tarantula WIP

My remaining Tarantulas, twin lascannons and twin heavy bolters. Both have the OOP Marine Tarantula base.

(Photo also shows the backpacks I'm doing to allow for foot VAS/CVs)

Just now, Jolemai said:

April

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete 5x Breacher upgrades, 2x Tarantula Sentry Guns, 1x "chibi" Rhino by month's end.

Reveal hidden contents

large.IMG_20240407_203930630.jpg.f500aec

To do:

• Breachers: magnetise backpacks and weapons
  • Everything: build and paint

@Grotsmasha Is this enough for the Seriously award, or does it require another model?

• 2 weeks later...

Vanguard Veterans

Ok so there's a bit more than that shown below too, but this is mainly to show that I've done weapon and mobility options for my Vanguard Veterans with Jump Packs. This now means I can run them on foot if needed and that I have some Company Veterans for the Command Squad too.

Just now, Jolemai said:

April Update 1/2

6/8 complete

Upgrade kit complete

Chibi Rhino complete

large.IMG_20240421_184833346.jpg.8176dfd

Reveal hidden contents

large.IMG_20240421_184920639.jpg.3d18057

large.IMG_20240421_185032644.jpg.b1c3e9c

large.IMG_20240421_104444795.jpg.5b2b9b5

Reveal hidden contents

large.IMG_20240421_104450180.jpg.c818ecb