Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

Some Progress!

gallery_47732_9950_121430.jpg

Not too terribly much done, what with hanging out with the lady-friend this weekend, but progress nonetheless! I've started on his bolter/arm and pads at this point too but there isn't much to report there. Loving these raptor heads :tongue.: More to come guys!

Aren't those plastic raptor kits the best thing ever for us 8th legion kids?

Your mix of CSM and loyalist dog parts continues to impress.

Your signature is also looking quite classy :D

I was sure I'd posted in this thread but it looks like I actually haven't - anyway, I love your work! That mix of FW/tac squad/CSM parts is terrific, and your posing is top-notch (great painting, too). Very inspirational stuff.

I was wondering a while back about the outcome of blending in tac squad parts when making chaos marines, and I'm glad to see it can be done so well.

@Grizzly: Hahahaha yeah I will get there! 
@Flint:Thanks a bunch! Yeahyeahyeah I'm a classy bastard!

@A Kvlt Ghost: Thanks, dude! I love the new (2 year old) tactical squad kit. Some of the new arms and the new legs look excellent, being more proportional and dynamic. 

More to come!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! I FINALLY managed to finish this guy up! Sorry for the funky photos; they're a bit washed out, and I need to get my photo area better arranged at my new place:

gallery_47732_9950_115594.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_947167.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_432692.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_508489.jpg

So that makes 12 duders all done, the first 2 of Second Claw :smile.: I'm hoping to get the third guy assembled tomorrow so I'll post them once I've decided how I wanna pose him :tongue.: MOAR TO COME!

Hey guys! So I'm going home for Easter this weekend and I figured I could get some painting done, so I decided to do something I don't typically do: two dudes at once (insert innuendo, seriously what terrible phrasing)! Here they both are in their unpainted un-glory:

gallery_47732_9950_910444.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_61607.jpg

I particularly like the guy with the blade, and I'm still trying to keep my bolter marines fairly diverse for what they ultimately are :smile.: I've got a 1k list I'm slowly working towards, and i figured I ought to do the regular guys first. More to come!

I like to see more and more Night Lords appear as time goes by

The Night Lords have really taken on a Deadpool feel the last few years where more and more people are playing them or making them...I enjoy this...

This old timer likes this

@Thamier: Thanks a lot, man!

@GrandMagnus: I won't stop 'til we're ankle deep in STUFF!

@Recon: Thanks ya sir!

@Flint: hehehehe I think the resin parts help with the crispness of some of the highlights, for sure! :smile.:

@LachlantheLoaf: Hahaha yeah I have a way with words! Mr. Stabby's helmet is from the Sons of Horus helmet kit from FW. Some awesome heads in there if you're looking for some alternative Chaos bits.

@Capitano: Thanks a lot! Yeah I agree, A D-B really helped push 'em too with all those awesome BL books. 

I just primed these two guys, so there should be updates soon! I have to admit, I feel a bit of a pull of Khorne with Daemonkin out now; I've always wanted to run a berzerker army with some Bloodthirsters, so that may very well be something I jump on at some point (to supplement my NL and beloved Chaos, of course :wink: ). More to come!

Wow your painting is improving, unbelievably enough. Not that I don't have faith in your abilities, It's just that your skills are amazing as they were. Anyway, those two new dudes look great. Where's the upper guy's helmet from? I don't recognize it...

@Augustus: You're way too kind man, I appreciate it :smile.: stabby dude's head is from the Sons of Horus head FW upgrade kit. I'm gonna pick up the iron warrior one now too; all of the FW heresy era head kits have tons of application to a lot of different legions, even though they're designed to be specific.

@Galfridus: Thanks a ton! Hearing stuff like that is so awesome because I'm really trying to give these guys some life.

@sockwithaticket: Thanks, dude!

So, really all I've done on the first guy, with the skull helm, is basecoat him, so nothing to really show on the painting front. HOWEVER, in other news, I found the model that I want to use for the base of my Second Claw Headsman:

gallery_47732_9950_733202.jpg

I really love the pose on this guy, and he'll have pretty extensive conversion work (least of all a head swap; that head looks extremely literally baby-ish to me). In fact, I've already done the conversion work, but I'll just leave this as a tease for now :wink: More to come very soon! :smile.:

Hey guys! After a week of car troubles I managed to finish this guy off!

gallery_47732_9950_726047.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_387296.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_350577.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_267283.jpg

I'm pretty happy with him (mind the dark photos :tongue.: ). I think the FW heads add so much to the models; even with me using primarily loyalist bits you can get a good chaosy feel just from the heads and shoulders! Stabby guy is next up so more to come!

Archived