Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

Yup, gotta agree with everyone -  the NL helmets are the best. ;) 

Your painting is still awesome. But your lighting one this guy to me is just too easy. There are no straight angles, just sloping curves. Lighting needs straight curves. 

@Kizzdougs: Thanks, man! Your completed squad of EC look amazing! I wish I had some Palatine Blades to shimmy into this army but I think they may be too much work to de-blingify :tongue.:

@GrandMagnus: Hahaha thanks dude! I definitely love the FW bits for the VIII!

@The Hydra: Thank ya sir, that's what I'm going for! Kind of a cold, minimalist feel with 'em. :smile.: 
@Recon: Thanks, dude! I'm definitely in the camp of less is more with regards to the lightning.

@Augustus: Love dem helms! I actually totally agree! I have some more hard angles on some of the earlier guys and I'm just trying to diversify them a bit. I know it might not look %100 natural, but I figured it was worth it to give it a bit of variety :smile.: I've been actually looking at giving them a bit of a more jagged feel, with less clean lines and more of ragged bolts of lightning. It's an ever-changing process that i think lends itself well to the uniqueness I am going for in each warrior :tongue.: Thanks for the constructive criticism though! I totally agree.

Started working on the stabby dude yesterday, so more to come soon! Thanks for looking guys!

Hey guys! Managed to finish stabby dude off! I actually think he might be my favorite of the lot so far:

gallery_47732_9950_552653.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_831772.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_522852.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_820276.jpg

Pictures are a bit washed out again, but they look alright! For those of you who wanted some more dynamic posing, hopefully this makes ya happy :tongue.: In the meantime, the next guy I have planned is going to be MK II, so I got to round him up! More to come! I'll probably post WIP pictures of the next guy later today, so stay tuned! :smile.:

EDIT:

Here's a quick one a snapped by the window that strangely seems to show off the true colors a little better:

gallery_47732_9950_81496.jpg

Also, apparently brought to you by Propel! :wink: More to come!

Really good work and the use of tac bits fits in really well. I picked up some left over csm bits in a LGS and was going to bulk up the DV Crimson Slaugher force and this has given me a lot of inspiration and ideas, also taken away any worries I had about how the finished minis would look. Thanks for that and I look forward to seeing more. 

Hey ya'll!

@Deathspectersgt7: WOOF, indeed! :tongue.:

@GrandMagnus: Definitely do it, man! Like I'v said before, a lot of the FW legion specific helmets translate really well to chaos and other legions. It helps to be Night Lords, where anything imposing works :wink:
@Argent: Thanks a ton, dude! Mean a lot :smile.:
@Dosjetka: Helmet is from the Sons of Horus head set from FW (linky). Thanks a lot!
@Mactire: Thanks dude! It's so cool to hear how/what people take from threads on the B&C. Such a great community. :smile.:

@Thamier: Thanks, sir! Lightning is slowly being worked on :tongue.: emphasis on slowly :wink:

gallery_47732_9950_1668.jpg

"So... another stabby dude" I hear you say :tongue.: BUT THIS ONE IS MK III. And one can never really have enough stabby duders in the VIII legion :smile.: More to come!

Hey ya'll! Managed to finish up numero 5! I actually really like how he turned out; I just love me some knife wielding Night Lords :tongue.:

gallery_47732_9950_590933.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_266708.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_712867.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_48871.jpg

I really enjoyed painting the mk III, and this was the first time I'd painted a mk III torso :smile.: Sorry I couldn't get any better pictures of his face, but it was painted in the same way as the previous ones for my Night Lords, only this time he's bigger, badder, and has a power level reader like DBZ :tongue.: So, with him done, that marks the halfway point of 2nd Claw! I might throw some picture of Second Claw together tomorrow if there's any interest! Anywho, more to come! I have the next couple days off so much hobbying to come!

@Grandmagnus: Thanks dude! I'll get some group pitures of Second Claw together tomorrow!

@Recon: Thanks man!

I actually finished assembling the next guy today; I'll post pictures of him tomorrow along with some completed shots of the first half of this squad :smile.: More to come!

Hey guys! So, here's those group shots of the first half of Second Claw:

gallery_47732_9950_2103.jpg

And some closer shots of each half of the squad:

gallery_47732_9950_333393.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_6767.jpg

So that makes 15 completed dudes in all! I'm actually pretty (pathetically) excited as this is the farthest I've come in a painting project in quite a few years. Anyways, here also is the assembled shot of the 6th Second Claw member:

gallery_47732_9950_520624.jpg

As you all can probably tell, I've become obsessed with giving these guys knives! :tongue.: Also, there will be two more plasma gunners coming after this guy, because I need 4 in the 20 guys I'm painting. More to come! Thanks to all for sticking with me thus far!! :smile.:

http://media.giphy.com/media/13k1e8OMVO2a3K/giphy.gif

Im actually amazed about those knives. I had not noticed it before but the metallic paintjob is so smooth on them. I cant wait to see you take on some characters for this army. Perhabs a certain gentleman by the name of Sevatar...?

Archived