Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

• 3 weeks later...

Well boys, I :censored: up and didn't paint anything Chaos-y at all!

gallery_47732_15420_123268.jpg

gallery_47732_15420_486824.jpg

gallery_47732_15420_297768.jpg

gallery_47732_15420_432849.jpg

As you can see, in classic me fashion, I did something completely different than I expected and planned :teehee: Right now I kind of have no clue what I feel like doing army-wise so am just feeling around in the dark. I've always loved the darker scheme of Flesh Tearers so gave them the ol' college-try! As usual I had a terrible time photographing the red, but it is suitably dark in real life.

I also took this opportunity to try a new method of painting black; or rather not painting it. I went for an incredibly dark blue/black mix for all of the "black" armor panels, and shaded it with pure black to give it a nicer, more realistic shade. I then used actual black on the pouches around the belt, which I think helps enhance the difference in material finishes between the cloth and the armor even when seemingly the same color. I also went for the yellow eye lenses, which has always been one of my favorite touches on black helmets.

Something about piercing yellow eye lenses through a black helmet just floats my boat :wub:

Thanks for looking guys and all C&C welcome!