Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

Thanks guys!

As far as the weathering is concerned, I suspect I will be leaving them as is, at least for a while. It is more tempting to weather the drop pods, but again I'll tackle those once I get to em'! Progress is a bit slow right now but updates to come!

Slow progress today! The weather here condones laziness! :) This picture is coming up a bit late and I should be able to finish these portions of these next guys tonight!

gallery_47732_7984_702465.jpg

I'm really enjoying this project so far and personally cannot wait to get to the more special weapons and minis! Thanks for looking! C&C appreciated!

Got the main bits on these next two fellas done!

gallery_47732_7984_4736357.jpg

Pretty mundane, but on we roll! :P

On a side note, I have ordered some command bits from FW; namely, the new Mk IV power weapon set, giving me plenty of goodies to bring some diversity into the fold! So, hopefully some more exciting marines to come over the coming weeks!

Pretty mundane? pretty awesome more like it... :)

Say why don't you take part in the LPC? It'll be fun to see the force develop and it will give you some motivation in case you feel sluggish...

Edited by Captain Semper

• 8 months later...

Hey, hey everyone! I know this thread is coming back from six feet under so to speak, but I have the 30k bug again. What with all the treats FW is releasing (not to mention everyone else showing 30k some love) plus my inherent desire to turn a legion that gets no real love into a legion that can hangout with its big brothers, I feel like painting me some 30k AL again! I ordered some FW goodies a few days ago and am hoping they arrive soon. More to come! 

Yeah sorry no pictures! I'm waiting for stuff in the mail to arrive from FW but I suppose I could have a go at some backpacks or shoulderpads or something since I have them on hand. Also it is pouring rain here in the midwest U.S. so priming may have to wait, unfortunately. More to come, thanks guys!

• 7 months later...

Wow, I feel bad for not seeing this thread before, these are some amazing Alpha legionaries! You have reached an all around level of perfection on these, the blue is great, the metallics a dulled done so they dont outshine the blue (please tell me how you paint your metallic :D), the red lenses are a great contrast and well painted and the free hand is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And I'm back!

@Recon: Thanks man! I'm not a big fan of mk VI sadly because I'm not super into the beakies :wink: HOWEVER I do actually love the chestpieces and legs, so maybe a combo of mk VI and IV because I love the mk IV helmets so much. Consider me the resident gomer for mk IV!

In other news, I've been reading the Night Lords Omnibus quite a bit recently and got a bit of a (completely unrelated) bug to paint some of the eighth legion! :tongue.: I've been thinking bout writing a bit of fluff for him but I'm not entirely sure I could do the eighth justice with so many talented people penning away at em, but I may try at some point! Anyways here he is:

gallery_47732_9950_509707.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_677003.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_195413.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_698324.jpg

So this log has effectively become "Alpha Legion and friends" :tongue.: I suspect I will be slowly adding company for this fella because I quite like how he turned out and I'm loving the books right now. :biggrin.: All C&C very welcome! Thanks for looking!

Thanks man! I'm really loving the Omnibus so far :smile.: I suppose this guy could easily function as pre-heresy since there's nothing overtly chaos on him! But when I pieced him out, I had post-heresy in mind. I've just never been a fan of GW's Chaos Marine legs; I think they look a little dated.

@1000heathens: Thanks man! Good to be back to painting some guys that aren't Grey Knights! I just can't quit the bad guys :tongue.:

@Captain Semper: Thanks a bunch Semper :smile.: They do look suspiciously like my pre-heresy Alpha Legion with lightning :ph34r.:

@Demon2027: Dude your thread is sick! I've been thinking 'bout branching into a bit more sculpting so I am pretty envious! I have some stuff still in the pipe for my Alpha Legion but I'm really enjoying the Night Lords right now so they've taken a bit of a back seat. Rest assured, they shall return! :smile.:

Well, in record time (for me :tongue.: ) I have managed to assemble another duder!

gallery_47732_9950_402969.jpg

In my own personal dislike of the CSM plastic kit (particularly the legs), I've been and plan on using quite a few loyalist and forgeworld bits on these guys. Since my Night Lord head kit from forgeworld arrived, I figured I would break one out! Anyways, thanks for looking guys! More to come! :biggrin.:

The pads are absolutely worth it, Ludovic! I had been waiting ages for some cool NL pads because the GW conversion kit always seemed a little too heavy on the bat-wing :tongue.: These FW ones are absolutely gorgeous though! The heads are awesome too! :smile.:

The guy has been primed and I'm in the process of painting him right now, but will be away for the holiday weekend. More to come soon!