Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

@Demon2027: That's what I was going for! I wanted to be a pretty vibrant guy, and I figured it looked much more real this way compared to the eerie pale that my Alpha Legion are!

@Anaziel: Thanks man! Honestly, I'm not sure :tongue.: I did a TON of washing and layering with mixed tones, but the colors included the old Bleached Bone and a bright GW flesh tone, with some Agrax washes, with Dawnstone washes for the stubble. I wish I could be more help!

So, about that group photo:

gallery_47732_9950_417706.jpg

So far so good! More to come in a few days since I will be out of town until then :smile.: All C&C welcome!

@Kizzdougs: Thanks a lot man! Your Emperor's Children are absolutely sick!

@Recon0321: That would be interesting! I remember some years ago I tried a DG marine, with the streaky white armour scheme. I may have to re-approach that some day!

@Marqol: Thanks! That's what I'm going for with all these guys! I think the combination of scheme and shoulder pad insignia should tie the squad/army together despite the varying armour and equipment marks. 
@Dorns Fist: Thanks a bunch dude! I love your Fists (navy blue? I like it :tongue.: ).

@Anaziel: Thanks so much for the kind words! 

More to come, guys! Once some of these bolter marines are done, I can move onto some sergeants and special weapons! :smile.: Thanks for looking!

Omigosh!

I can't put into words how cool it is to see you working on the 8th legion.

Your Alphas were a big inspiration for me starting out on the BnC, so seeing you turn your awesomely unique paint scheme on the best of the 18 legions makes me super happy ^_^

Gorgeous work so far!

@Chaeron: Thanks SO much, man! Next time I work on a face I will try to do a tutorial; problem was, with this guy, that I hardly knew what I was doing half of the time :tongue.: There were so many washes and blended layers, but I will try to get at least something together!

@Brother Kirus: Thanks! The recipe is elsewhere is the thread, but it's basically Kantor blue, followed by McCragge and then Russ on the edges.

@Flint13: You are WAY too kind! Your Night Lords are so awesome; it's always great to see more of the original legions get 41st millennium love :smile.: 

Having finally finished reading the Night Lords omnibus while away from home, I really have a hankerin' to get back to the VIII Legion! More to come! Oh yes... there is more to come. 

@Wolf Pack: Haha thanks man! Your Iron Hands are really awesome! That Mk IV dread is such a cool model; I may be picking one up soon!

@DeathSpecterSgt7: Thanks! I'm sure the Alphas will make their sneaky way back into this thread at some point :wink: 
@DietOfLiquor: I do believe I do :tongue.: Thanks!
@Daemon2027: I agree. The new raptor/warp talon heads look so much better I think, especially for Night Lords!  
@Marqol: Thanks dude! It is indeed from the Blood Angel Death Co. kit, with the blood drops shaved off! I think it looks suitably chaosy with the skull and layered armour. 

@Nemac Vradon: I was initially unsure about the lightening, but I actually really have been liking the starkness as well! Thanks!

So I am back out of town, but while out I managed to pick up a new kit (lucking out and finding a store right near me!). Once I can get a picture of it, I'll be sure to post it. I'm pretty (unreasonably) excited! More to come!