Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

It is indeed Minotaurs! I have, however, relapsed into my love of all things VIIIth...

That being said, I have finished up my first Raptor:

gallery_47732_9950_503396.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_539160.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_741753.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_564591.jpg

We have come for you

gallery_47732_9950_708053.jpg

First off, I want to say that the FW jump packs and the jump packs in the new (not really anymore) raptor/warp talon kit are :censored: golden for those of us who don't particularly dig the regular marine ones. I really like how it turned out! :smile.:

As some of you guys may notice, I switched heads with what I originally intended because the FW White Scar one's topknot got in the way of his shoulder pad given the angle I wanted his head turning, so I will have to use it later on in this unit!

Also, for anyone wondering, yes this means a full return to the Night Lords :wub.: I just can't leave 'em be! Currently, the plan is to bump my current 1k list up to 1,850, and this includes a 7-man unit of raptors (of which this fella is the first) with a 2nd HQ in a Raptor-themed lord all loaded for bear, so stay tuned for more navy-blue deranged loonies rocketing at you if that's your thing (and if it's not I don't know what your deal is :cool.: ).

More to come!

That's a great raptor with a beautiful finish and pose.  Understated but evil.

I have just bought a pack of FW raptors to complete my collection throught their evolution from batwings.  But now I will need to give these FW models more careful imagination for posing.  There is no way that I am going to get near to that painting quality.

@Dosjetka: Ugh dude tell me about (and too long it was! :tongue.: ).

@KS: Hahahaha it definitely does have that vibe doesn't it? I just need to get more into adding trophies and that may very well happen!
@SkimaskMohawk: Thanks dude! I hear ya, some dudes just end up getting more than others to give it more variation (one might even say chaos :wink: )
@Psykic Scribe: Thanks man! You can definitely do it! With my army I've modeled and painted each dude one at a time, which I think has contributed a bit to their posing, lavishing quite a bit of time on each. 
@Ianceqi: Thanks bro! That's definitely awesome to hear from a fellow Eighth Legioner!

The second Raptor is coming along nicely but in my haste to start him I forgot to take a pre-painting photo! He's since gotten basecoated and some highlighting is soon to come. 

More on the way!

Thanks man! The recipe is simple enough: it's basecoated in silver to give it a nice base for the gold to cling to, and is then layered with Runelord Brass as the main color. Then give it a healthy wash of Agrax all over, and finish up with a pretty conservative highlight of Ironbreaker. It's pretty easy but requires a steady hand! Quite a few people have asked about it so I may make a full tutorial at some point! :smile.:

@Recon: Thanks man! I turned up the amount of lightning for this guy!

@Andvarr A: Thanks brotha!

Raptor number two is finished!

gallery_47732_9950_547934.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_26632.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_388475.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_106853.jpg

So, first off, I really wish I had more room in the list for more than 7 of these guys because I'm loving painting and building 'em! They definitely encapsulate the VIIIth to me, and I'm sure many others.

I decided to break out the White Scar helmet for this fella and I'm sure I will use at least one more in this squad because it looks perfectly feral and savage for the unit. Also I figured I would add some more lightning to this guy so he has it on both legs and the pad (I usually leave it off the torsos and most helmets because I feel it tends to clutter them).

I'm gonna start work on assembling number three right now so more soon guys and gals! :smile.: Thanks for looking!

@Andvarr A: Hahaha if they had choom in the 40k era I would definitely throw some in there!!

@KS: Thanks man! I love the helmets too and they're definitely gonna get more use in the squad!

@Magnus: Thanks dude!
@Pearson: Thanks buddy! Yeah I think it fits the Night Lords theme surprisingly well.

Managed to get number 3 all assembled!

gallery_47732_9950_161337.jpg

Gonna be going for a slightly more relaxed pose on this guy, chainsword a bit lowered and hand on his sidearm. Hopefully it all comes together! More to come!

@Andvarr A: Hahaha if they had choom in the 40k era I would definitely throw some in there!!

@KS: Thanks man! I love the helmets too and they're definitely gonna get more use in the squad!

@Magnus: Thanks dude!

@Pearson: Thanks buddy! Yeah I think it fits the Night Lords theme surprisingly well.

Managed to get number 3 all assembled!

gallery_47732_9950_161337.jpg

Gonna be going for a slightly more relaxed pose on this guy, chainsword a bit lowered and hand on his sidearm. Hopefully it all comes together! More to come!

Can we not choom, for just visuals but have it count as plasma or melta

@Hydra: Thanks a ton dude, means a lot!
@Psycho: Thanks man, yeah you totally should! They give the perfect kind of tribal/savage look for raptors!

@Andvarr A: That definitely sounds cool, for this squad I'm going with flamers though, which are actually coming right up!

@Sockwithaticket: Thanks man!

Well, I managed to finish up number 3!

gallery_47732_9950_452361.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_620526.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_738966.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_699961.jpg

And because I can't resist a small group shot:

gallery_47732_9950_706942.jpg

I ended up changing his left arm to be firing a pistol rather than resting on his sidearm and also replaced his holstered pistol with a blade; I just liked that vibe more, and haven't given a blade to one of these guys in a while!

With that guy done it actually wraps up the "regular" raptor model portion of the unit, now having the 2 flamer-armed raptors, the champion, and the icon bearer to finish up (who I am more than likely going to give a chainglave to, to represent the icon because duh :wink: ).

Next up is one of the Raptors with a flamer, so more to come guys!

Wonder wonder wonderful.

Your painting is top to the spot. And absolutely regular. Really great. Only critique I have, but that is completely on behalf of personal taste. I wish me a bit more dynamic.^^ but that is really personal taste.

Archived