Night Lords "Tenebrous Winter" (GREY KNIGHT 08/12)

AlanofAngels

@MikhalLeNoir: Thanks bro! Yeah I hear ya, the first few I went a bit more relaxed because I think it gives a bit of a nice balance with the jumpacks. I have some ideas in mind for the champion that I think you might like!

Getting number 4 all assembled with the flamer now so more to come!

@MikhalLeNoir: Thanks bro! Yeah I hear ya, the first few I went a bit more relaxed because I think it gives a bit of a nice balance with the jumpacks. I have some ideas in mind for the champion that I think you might like!

Getting number 4 all assembled with the flamer now so more to come!

Waiting anxious

The squad is looking good so far. I especially like the jump packs (Raptor ones without the Chaos bling?) and the use of the White Scar helm and plume.

The jump packs are the ones from the FW Night Raptors I believe.

Your most recent dude's come out nicely, Alan. Can't help but think that he's the least visually interesting out of all those so far (mostly because of the head) but he still manages to look absolutely brilliant.

@Hydra: Thanks a ton dude, means a lot!

@Psycho: Thanks man, yeah you totally should! They give the perfect kind of tribal/savage look for raptors!

@Andvarr A: That definitely sounds cool, for this squad I'm going with flamers though, which are actually coming right up!

@Sockwithaticket: Thanks man!

Well, I managed to finish up number 3!

gallery_47732_9950_452361.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_620526.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_738966.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_699961.jpg

And because I can't resist a small group shot:

gallery_47732_9950_706942.jpg

I ended up changing his left arm to be firing a pistol rather than resting on his sidearm and also replaced his holstered pistol with a blade; I just liked that vibe more, and haven't given a blade to one of these guys in a while!

With that guy done it actually wraps up the "regular" raptor model portion of the unit, now having the 2 flamer-armed raptors, the champion, and the icon bearer to finish up (who I am more than likely going to give a chainglave to, to represent the icon because duh :wink: ).

Next up is one of the Raptors with a flamer, so more to come guys!

Beautiful.

No other word for it.

He looks great and I lke the repose and different weapon choices! Also, the paint job is crisp as always. One thing I would like to give as constructive feedback is that this guy could do with some terror markings. Especially with the skull helmet, which is so expressive, it's a shame to keep it just blue. :tu:

Holy balls this one looks so good! Nice work, very creative :D

gallery_47732_9950_690880.jpg

It's like he's looking over at someone who has told him a "not so funny" joke, or tried to be a smart ass...

...or he's giving it the Jason voorhees stare of "you're next"

@Magnus: Tanks brotha! So, right now, I don't have the contemptors in my revised 1,850 list idea, but I am definitely gonna paint him up, so fear not! It will likely be on the back burner until the main list is finished though!

@DJ: Thanks man, and Psycho is correct they are indeed the FW raptor packs! I wanted each raptor to be more unique than the FW ones provided but I loved their jump packs so went with that!
@Psycho: Thanks dude! Yeah I think I might take Augustus' advice and add some sort of markings to his helmet :smile.: 
@Lanceqi: Tanks man, I'm definitely going to be! I've played a couple very small point games with them already (like 300-500 points a while back) but once it is finished up I plan on breaking 'em out more!
@Kraad Belak: Thanks a ton dude!!
@Augustus: Great idea man! I think I might do that here in a few minutes, actually!
@Andvarr A: :censored: yeah man! The vibe I'm going for!
@Nelzon: Thanks so much bro! He's definitely up in the top 3 for my favorite models that I've completed :smile.:

The raptor flamer is coming along slowly, but I think right now I'm gonna quick throw some more details on the most recent feller's helmet to make him stand out a bit more, as Augustus suggested, so I'll post a couple quick pictures of that when it's done! More to come soon!

Sorry for the double post but finished up the head quicker than I thought!

gallery_47732_9950_6937.jpg

I think it looks quite a bit better now and much more unique, at least differentiating it from the other one of these helmets in the army.

Now back to work on the current guy! More to come!

@Hydra: Thanks dude!

@Kizzdougs: Thanks man! I don't do them very often on these guys so I figured just a plain old skull type marking would be unique enough in my army.

@Psycho: Thanks buddy! That's what I was hopin!
@LionofJudah: Thanks man! There's so much detail on a lot of the forgeworld bits it can get kind of intense highlighting 'em hahaha!
@Brother Nihm: Yes sir!

Managed to get the 4th raptor all done!

gallery_47732_9950_149158.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_529542.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_563794.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_203268.jpg

With him done that leaves one more flamer-armed marine to do for the squad, who I think I will do next! I'll try getting him somewhat assembled here soon, and after him it just leaves the icon bearer and champion for the 7-man unit :smile.: Since Forgeworld seems to be dragging their feet on releasing the chainglave set they teased like 3 months ago (:tongue.: ) I plan on converting up my own chainglave to use for my icon bearer. I won't get into it too much now but I'm pretty stoked for it!

Thanks for looking guys!

@Magnus: Thanks a bunch dude! Each of my days off after my rotating work week I try to get a dude done!

@Flint: Thanks Flint! I don't think anything has changed to speak of; I can't remember if I have been doing it for the whole project but I know I've been putting down some white paint before the snow so that might make it look a little denser, not having the grey underneath showing through slightly. 

Slow rolling on the 5th guy but should be done in a couple days!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey guys! Managed to finish up the 5th member of the Raptor unit a day or 2 ago!

These pictures are kind of :censored: so bear with me:

gallery_47732_9950_21661.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_746126.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_596418.jpg

gallery_47732_9950_711920.jpg

And because I can never resist, a picture of the unit so far:

gallery_47732_9950_675575.jpg

Also, come of you may notice I made a few small alterations to the one fellers skull helm, kind of reducing the effect a bit so it's more just kind of a muzzle now; I definitely like this look a lot more!

With this guy done, that brings the squad up to 5 member, leaving only 2 to go! Next up is the icon bearer who I plan on giving a chainglaive to, to reflect the icon.

More to come guys so stay tuned!

Archived