I've been doing a bit more work on my Flesh Eaters in an attempt to have a full intercessor squad to field on the table!

gallery_58096_16283_192955.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_356207.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_74127.jpg

I've been having fun painting single models then weathering the hell out of them, I'll likely do single models for marines from here on it, I find it way more enjoyable treating them as individuals.

So as we have reached the end of 2021 and start our journey into 2022, I did a quick photoshoot of all the stuff I painted in 2021:

gallery_58096_11725_15978.jpg

And the BA specifically:

gallery_58096_11725_59533.jpg

A little less than last year, but still a decent amount - that's:

Mephiston; Bladeguard Lt; 3x Bladeguard; 4x Sanguard; Sanguard Ancient; 3 Eliminators; 3 eradicators; 4 infiltrators; 1 intercessor; 3 outriders; 1 Invictor; 1 Crusader; 1 Stalker; 1 Contemptor Dread; Sicaran Venator.

I havent put many photos of the Venator on B&C, but there's quite a few WIP shots on my insta, but heres the finished thing in all it's glory:

gallery_58096_11967_16183.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_431106.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_185096.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_170811.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_260544.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_342936.jpg

gallery_58096_11967_427074.jpg

Sicaran Venator is already a play on words, with both meaning hunter, so it's kind of the hunter-hunter. As such, Interfector is another latin word meaning Hunter, so now it's named thrice: Hunter, the hunter-hunter.

gallery_58096_11967_517288.jpg

Kill marks from the last game it was in:

gallery_58096_11967_380157.jpg

Edited by Xenith

Ooooh, those classic black flames! :wub: Epic!

Now I want to add those to my Sicaran as well

Definitely do it! I was torn between black white and yellow - Might try yellow next time - the black gets kind of lost under the weathering.

Your weathering is exquisite, those Flesh Eaters look like they're experiencing a tough deployment, and Interfector has clearly earned it's acclaim. Well done!

Thanks BloodyB, that's high praise, weathering is something I'm really trying to work on and improve, so thanks again!

I got in some modelling time last week, and had a go at some actual converting, which I haven't done in a good while:

The Indomitus Chaplain and Outrider sergeant did the fusion dance and became this:

gallery_58096_16283_284458.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_307521.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_64802.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_83459.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_242063.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_253478.jpg

The conversion was super easy - I just cut the chaplain inhalf at the waist just above the belt (knicking the buckle a bit as it sticks up), and did the outrider serge at the same time. Then you remove the chappy left shoulderpad, then slice the arm off carefully.

Both models were left in parts for this to assist in getting the razor saw where it needed to be. After that, I stuck the outrider legs and leftover crotch into place, along with the arm, and the chaplain torso magically slots right in!

Now I just need to find a use for this:

gallery_58096_16283_222556.jpg

I'm out of likes for Today, but I agree it's a neatly done conversion!
I went with a little harder approach on my chaplain and exchanged only the front plate. But then I already used the original Chaplain's body for something else.
Those legs would be easy enough to use on their own. I'm sure you'll find something appropriate.

Looking good Xen.

I like the Flesh Eaters for sure. I can tell you've cranked it up a notch! Good form!

Edit: how did you get the iconography for the 11-12th? Squad? Did you wash seraphim over the white for that yellow?

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Nice conversion! I have to say, for mono-pose models, many of the Indomitus models lend themselves to a bit of creativity.

Yea, I think the weird nature of the assembly lets you do this - like the torso being in 2 halves front and back make cutting it up super easy. Next up is the ancient!

I'm out of likes for Today, but I agree it's a neatly done conversion!

I went with a little harder approach on my chaplain and exchanged only the front plate. But then I already used the original Chaplain's body for something else.

Those legs would be easy enough to use on their own. I'm sure you'll find something appropriate.

Thanks! What do you mean when you say front plate - front plate of his chest armour?

Looking good Xen.

I like the Flesh Eaters for sure. I can tell you've cranked it up a notch! Good form!

Edit: how did you get the iconography for the 11-12th? Squad? Did you wash seraphim over the white for that yellow?

This guy?

gallery_58096_16283_192955.jpg

That's just a couple of coats of Averland Sunset over the black knee - you'll get a much brighter result if you do it in white first, or do the knee yellow over white, then fill in the black. This model:

gallery_58096_16755_54226.jpg

has flames that areContrast Iyanden yellow over white, which also looks great.

Nice conversion! I have to say, for mono-pose models, many of the Indomitus models lend themselves to a bit of creativity.

Yea, I think the weird nature of the assembly lets you do this - like the torso being in 2 halves front and back make cutting it up super easy. Next up is the ancient!

Mine has been turned into a Sanguinary Priest. The robes also make me think of a Librarian.

med_gallery_82363_13858_122905.jpg

Thanks! What do you mean when you say front plate - front plate of his chest armour?

Yeah, I meant chest plate/plastron. By the Angel I don't know why I called it 'front plate' :facepalm: 

About the big banner, I recently saw it being used as a dreadnought sarcophagus' front. Obviously for a Redemptor as it's really big. 

Apothecary/Sanguinary Priest or Librarian are both pretty obvious choices for using the BGV Ancient body. I've also seen Champions. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, I have something in mind for the giant banner, so something else needs to happen to this one - my thought was primaris apothecary, as he'll be great to go with bladeguard etc.

Even though I don't use any Ancients now, I kept the model as an Ancient because it gave me the opportunity to use a transfer from the big old Blood Angels transfer sheet.

gallery_93095_13469_141923.jpg

PS. Oh, amazing biker priest conversion!

Edited by Spyros

Yea, I have something in mind for the giant banner, so something else needs to happen to this one - my thought was primaris apothecary, as he'll be great to go with bladeguard etc.

Even though I don't use any Ancients now, I kept the model as an Ancient because it gave me the opportunity to use a transfer from the big old Blood Angels transfer sheet.

gallery_93095_13469_141923.jpg

PS. Oh, amazing biker priest conversion!

That guy...is really cool! Now that Ancients have a power sword option, it might actually be feasable to make another one for my force!

That guy...is really cool! Now that Ancients have a power sword option, it might actually be feasable to make another one for my force! 

So far only the plain Ancient gets the sword. And I 'm afraid we got this option only because there was no stand alone sprue for an Ancient (he was part of the previous starter box sprue), so GW made a new one.

It would almost be an auto-include for me if the Bladeguard Ancient got a sword too, but in order to get an updated datasheet for him, GW would have to produce a new sculpt...

I think that's going to take time to happen :sad.:

I dont think I actually shared photos of my finished Contemptor here: Similar basing to the rest of my BA, but pushing towards a more HH/Imperial palace feel - the checked floor is just plasticard with a 10mm check pattern scribed into it - I've since found some actually gridded plasticard panels from Evergreen that I'll use in future.

gallery_58096_12427_4448.jpg

gallery_58096_12427_164428.jpg

gallery_58096_12427_90613.jpg

gallery_58096_12427_80542.jpg

The Base on that dread looks excellent, I've been trying something similar for my Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor and yours looks awesome! I'll have to take a look at this Evergreen. Excellent work, Zenith!

Leave it to Xenith to smash it out of the park again. That base is definitely bringing the smoke!

The Base on that dread looks excellent, I've been trying something similar for my Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor and yours looks awesome! I'll have to take a look at this Evergreen. Excellent work, Zenith!

Thanks! Here's a link to the stuff:

https://evergreenscalemodels.com/products/copy-of-4518-1-2-x-1-2-opaque-white-polystyrene-sidewalk

The tile on the dread was my initial attempt at making tiles using plain sheet styrene and a panel line cutter - then i discovered the above. Just chop it up, stick it on the base then add whatever debris effects you like!

Leave it to Xenith to smash it out of the park again. That base is definitely bringing the smoke!

:blush.:  Thanks man, you're way too kind! Good to see you back around also :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Straight from one Dreadnought to another (because Dreads are ace), I present Ancient Nikolaj, The Redeemed of the Flesh Eaters.

Rent asunder in body during the Devastation of Baal, Nikolaj was already a 100 year veteran of the Indomitus Crusade when he reached Baal. His body recovered atop a mound of dead Genestealers, there was enough life remaining to still serve the chapter. Interred within a mighty Redepmptor Dreadnought Sarcophagus, the battle brother serves on in the Red Scar Crusade to purge the Tyranids of Hive Fleet Jabberwocky from the inhabited systems in the sector, and bears the heaviest armaments available to the Flesh Eaters at this time.

Nikolaj's desire to protect remains, using his bulk to ward off attacks on his living frater. A rage at his condition exists however, and Nikolaj has been increasingly seen to throw himself into the fray, casting aside instincts of self preservation. Perhaps it is only a matter of time before this venerable warrior falls once again, however we have no doubt that it will be against odds as insurmountable as his first death.

gallery_58096_16283_253861.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_164177.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_187162.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_246597.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_254998.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_344424.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_56522.jpg

gallery_58096_16283_173120.jpg

Edited by Xenith

The weathering on the left knee pad and the grenade launchers looks great. Along with that base, he looks like he's seeing some serious action in an industrial area. What are the rusty I-beams made from? They look really cool.

The weathering on the left knee pad and the grenade launchers looks great. Along with that base, he looks like he's seeing some serious action in an industrial area. What are the rusty I-beams made from? They look really cool.

Thanks Bloody! That left luncher came out better than expected, I'm prety happy with it!

The I Beams, like a lot of my stuff, are 90% cheating - you can get plastic ibeams straight from Evergreen in a range of sizes - you'll see these popping up in my nids atd Flesh Eaters from now on, I think they're so cool. I also got some round tube for piping. 

Very, very well done! :thumbsup: 
I think you caught a perfect balance in embellishment level and fantastic weathering for Flesh Eaters. I like the chipped paint especially as it's small enough to emphasize the Redemptor's size.
Also that banner now looks good again (compared to the undercoat stage) adding to the balance of black areas across the model :yes:

Very nice job on the big FE symbol variation on the left panel! It's not easy to make an interesting bigger version of something that looks nice when kept small and compact. 
With the story for Nicolaj you have devised it all comes together really nice!

I couldn't help but notice the conversion of the mini-gatling into the mini-assault canon too! Lovely touch!