Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby (well, last night) I fooled around with the idea of repainting all my old Black Templar vehicles with an airbrush.  I manage to paint the bone panels quite well, so that's awesome.  The black, on the other hand, is a bit of a toss up.  There are a couple of ways to airbrush vehicles, and I'm still not sure which applies best to black.

Last night in the hobby i painted my stormtalon blue just the other colours and insignia to go so may be done by the end of the week...maybe. 2 more models till a 1500 pt army finished. So to continue the trend of quotes.

"its a trap" as there is 3500 points left to paint after this :-(

It might be daunting now, but just think of them completed. If my mental maths are correct, that's about a Company's worth? Definitely worth the effort in the end! :happy.:

Today in the hobby I:

cut feet to fit the greaves for my space marine captain on bike conversion, affixed weapons on roughly 6 torsos, sawed a drum magazine off of a dark vengeance chosen and put it onto a bolter, greenstuffed gaps on 4 marines, made purity seals out of greenstuff on a model, and also developed a new technique bypassing the need to painstakingly sculpt soft armor onto models- by simply cutting to fit the "accordions" from plastic bendy straws onto the properly greenstuffed gap.

I'd say that was a pretty productive day- but let's crank this baby up to 11 and see what we can churn out before we burn out!

Right now in the hobby/lunchbreak I'm painting 10 red assault marines a darker red for the From Rage To Salvation. My old colour scheme was pure blood red unmodified. Then that colour got terminated and Mephiston red appeared. More grim dark fleshtearer like. I love it!

I'm sure that I'll be changing the wings for the circular saw blade in the months to come.

10 beneath the brush, 64 to go. Then comes the models without jumppack and vehicles.

Patience is a virtue......

...finished repainting my special and heavy weapon marines..... now 73% of the way through my 2013 painting plan, with approximately 71% of the year gone...... still on track to finish my Guardians of the Covenant by the end of the year.... :biggrin.:

Today in the hobby...   finally purchased 4 fit together panels that will allow me to make a 8ft by 4ft gaming board. Hopefully within the next week I can undercoat them and start making the buildings and terrain to create my Urban/City themed warzone table.

This will be a long ongoing project so I'm glad I finally started it.

...finished repainting my special and heavy weapon marines..... now 73% of the way through my 2013 painting plan, with approximately 71% of the year gone...... still on track to finish my Guardians of the Covenant by the end of the year.... :biggrin.:

I get the feeling you're something of a numbers man :teehee:

...found my Legion of the Damned I set aside before the 2012 ETL and now it looks like my Blood Angels painting challenge vow just got bumped down the priority list to after the 21 models.

Today in the hobby I saw this and thought: What's the major difference between 21 and 22 models. :yes: :) :)

Today in the hobby I...

Built a chibi centurion!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/IK%20and%2040K/My%20Projects/chibiDeviCenti_zpsb494a3b0.jpg

Edited by Furyou Miko

If it's a chibi, shouldn't that helmet be twice as big?

Also, speaking of chibi:

gallery_38474_6917_2308.jpg

Not mine, but still, awesome.

I also found this. Not sure if it qualifies as chibi or not. It does have tiny legs...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WX7R1Xw0ClA/Tlo7o_zbaxI/AAAAAAAAD9c/TiQza0uDX7g/s320/plastic-chaos-obliterator.jpg

But I also just kinda wanted to post it because it, too, is awesome B)

Edited by Firepower

Today in the hobby, I tried a new method for painting my Black Templar vehicles, using my new airbrush.

If the end result is good enough, it will be soooo much easier to paint vehicles now, and I can go back and improve on my current motor pool. :D

Today I finally saved up enough to buy another box of chaos marines to kitbash my shiny new raptor box with and a tin of black spray paint.

Once they're done (give it a month or three), it's back to the loyalists for me because STERNGUARD.:laugh.:

EDIT:

Bought the marines and now soon the kitbashing will commence.

Oh yes, it will.

Edited by Ace Debonair

Also, speaking of chibi:

gallery_38474_6917_2308.jpg

Not mine, but still, awesome.

Mein gott.

Today in the hobby I re-aquainted myself with the hell of drilling 3mm magnet holes in power armour torsos and arms and realised my drill bit is blunt as heck. It's more of a slow grinding process. I think I need a new one. Some of my grey hunters now have arms, though, so i'm getting somewhere. Next up: green stuff gap filling on the torsos, torso/leg attachment, head dry-fitting to finalise poses, then arm and head removal for sub-assembly painting. It's going to be a long winter, but it should produce some fine sons of Fenris.