Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Built the champion of the chosen squad of my Chaos Ultramarines - former Apothecary Venatio, Butcher of Thrask.

Built and painted 3 more members of the first "tactical" squad (What do you call squads in a chaos marine army which follows the Codex Astartes to the letter?)

Oh, and sliced my thumb open with a scalpel while trying to remove the flash from some chainaxes. I sense that my chosen squad will be blessed by Khorne from now on...

What do you call squads in a chaos marine army which follows the Codex Astartes to the letter?

Doing it wrong. 

Dark Angels come pretty close :wink:

On that note, I'm making solid progress still on my Dark Angels Tactical squad from Dark Vengeance. I've even started on the Libarian and Captain - but I've slowed on those...

...finished all the Broken Arrows infantry I had on my workbench, aside from the Librarian.  

I'm quite pleased with them, really :)  I have to compartmentalize models quite a bit for the techniques I use, so I don't really get a satisfying look at them until just about the very end of the process.

Basecoated the army of three last stragglers I need to complete a tac squad, painted a lot of bases of guys who I had done before deciding on a base scheme for my army (I think I'll have nightmares about Steel Legion Drab paint), learned my only standard size brush can no longer hold a point, and learned I have a deep loathing for having to superglue non plastic "flying" jumppack models onto their base (why is the slot so much bigger than the piece I'm supposed to glue into it?).

...Bought a Warp Talon box and a Terminator Chaos lord box for the epic kitbash potential, only to get home and realise I have no basic chaos marines/ terminators to kitbash with.:wallbash:

Not exactly the great return to hobbying I'd planned on after all.:laugh.:

Still, I'm sure they'll look good on my shelf gathering dust while I go mad over the new loyalist stuff in a couple of weeks.:sweat:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at my Red Scorpion repaint (2.5 DYI companies into Red Scorpions) and actually realizing that thanks to vowing Guard in the ETL, I am actually almost done with a Battle Company as I painted up two full Assault Squads and two full Tactical Squads with a full Devastator Squad started as well during the event.  I also painted up a bunch of other random stuff too, some Red Scorpions, some Dark Angels, some Guard, some Chaos, some Angry Marines, and some Ad Mech, but today having finally lined up the Red Scorpions on a shelf until I can devise a means of transporting them, I had not realized just how much progress I have actually made!  For the Emperor and Skittles!

... Came to the decision to sell both my Dark Eldar and Daemon armies aswell as some other unneeded models to begin my 30k army.

I have also come to my complete and full decision that I will dedicate myself to the XVI Legion, for I am a Son of the Warmaster and rightful Emperor of Mankind, and I will not be denied what is rightfully mine.

Today in the hobby I....

....painted engine scorch marks

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/works%20in%20progress/photo3_zps4b77d5bd.jpg

Not that hard is it?   I used Carroburg Crimson and Cassandora yellow...   How'd you do it?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/Dark%20Angels/DSCN9702.jpg

My Ravenwing lost to Sisters but the army is finally working right and I just need to figure out how to keep more stuff alive to not give up VPs.

Edited by Brother dean

Today in the Hobby I have seen with my own eyes...fluff for the Rainbow Warriors! A nugget, the tiniest morsel (page 18 of the new Codex), but I think that after a fair few posts (well, quite a few) on their FB page (when they had one) GW decided to throw me a bone (they probably had enough of hearing from me :laugh.: ).

I wonder what I have to do to get more? :laugh.:

Today in the hobby I....

....painted engine scorch marks

Not that hard is it?   I used Carroburg Crimson and Cassandora yellow...   How'd you do it?

No, its not that hard, but adds a nice bit of realism to a model. I do a drybrush of vermin brown, getting heavier nearer the intake, followed by a black drybrush just near the intake itself. After that I wash with Druchii Violet on the bits where the black is, and then do an overall wash of Army Painter Strong Tone (old Devlan Mud equivalent) to finsh off

Today in the Hobby I have seen with my own eyes...fluff for the Rainbow Warriors! A nugget, the tiniest morsel (page 18 of the new Codex), but I think that after a fair few posts (well, quite a few) on their FB page (when they had one) GW decided to throw me a bone (they probably had enough of hearing from me :laugh.: ).

I wonder what I have to do to get more? :laugh.:

Wait, what?  Did it have anything to do with one of their ships being sunk by the French?