Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby I got my 15 Broken Arrows pinned to their bases (had to strip down two, which is a royally ungodly mother of a :cuss thanks to the use of a lacquer primer).  I also had to strip all the heads and shoulders that I had completed, because those two models showed I had painted them far too dark for my liking.  

I got all the parts for my landspeeder ready to prime, and spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out the best way to paint the damned thing in pieces- cockpit separate from the rest of the model.  I still haven't hit a very clear solution, and I have found none online.  My current thought is to paint the cockpit and pilots, then build the landspeeder and seal them off with saran wrap held in place by tamiya masking tape.

I also prepped an oldschool pewter Librarian, because my damned bitz order from bitsbay.it is now several weeks overdue, and I gotta get one done for my ETL.

Sooo yeah, busy day.  Really hunkering down to wrap up my ETL.  I'll be damned if I'm gonna let a failure banner haunt my signature :P

Today, I halted all production of all Space Marine models that were in process.

It will stay that way until the next codex comes out, so I can see if it's even worth continuing 40k, or if I should sell off / strip my armies and start a 30k army.

Time will tell.

It will stay that way until the next codex comes out, so I can see if it's even worth continuing 40k, or if I should sell off / strip my armies and start a 30k army.

Time will tell.

Today in the hobby i read this and got sad. On another note i started work on Mk III and Mk IV heresy era Imperial Fists!!

Today in the hobby I survived a crazy postop pain train with the thoughts of buying and painting a whole mess of 30k. Super heavy tanks, flyers and enough infantry to run some really fun lists.

...primed a librarian, a Landspeeder, two stripped failed attempts, 35 shoulders for the second time after a failed first run, 14 heads after the same fiasco, and probably some other stuff.  It's kind of a blur after 3 hours playing with lacquer. :P

Today in the hobby I attempted to make greenstuff a distended stomach on a termie given over to Nurgle, and halfway through, I got called in to work early so I tried to rush it. It looked so terrible when I got home, I tore off the greenstuff. I also started making a MK V inspired shoulder pad (no trim, armor studs) for another chaos marine given over to Slaanesh.

Today I did:

This morning: Finished spray coating a black base on some parts of my drop pod.

Few minutes ago: Drybrushed metal colour over one seat of the drop pod and put metalic highlights on the centre module of the drop pod that holds the seats. Then my torso got stressed too much and I had to quit. (Spinal surgery sucks)

I hope I'll be able to paint and play again in a few months... At this rate the drop pod will be ready next year!

Today in the hobby I learned that airbrushing metallic paint is a horrid mess of an ordeal.  Glitter!  Glitter everywhere!

Which paint were you using, out of curiosity?

Today in the hobby I learned that airbrushing metallic paint is a horrid mess of an ordeal.  Glitter!  Glitter everywhere!

Which paint were you using, out of curiosity?

Stripper Glitz?

It could have been Bishōnen Rhinestone as used on the below model.

http://www.gmmstudios.com/Pictures/ModelPhotos/pm16.jpg

Edited by Brother Tyler
Hot-linked image turned into a link.

Woof.

You drop the word "glitter" and suddenly everything goes to hell. Now we've got bedazzled Rhinos and herpes?

Artemid, it was Vallejo Natural Steel. I spent a good few hours this afternoon working with it. Still hate it :tongue.:

Edited by Firepower

Now this is sad. Why would a set of rules stop you from enjoying pushing your toy soldiers around a table? That said, I play Thousand Sons and they havent seen the light of day in a while.

Yesterday in the hobby, I made a good start of painting my Storm Raven to match my Omega Marines.

Today in the hobby I finally broke my 10 years of being a loyalist, put my faith in the Emperor and loyalty to Ferrus Manus to one side... and embraced the freedom of the Dark Gods*. To use an often-heard quote from DoW - I feel the warp overtaking me... it is a good pain.

I painted a few test miniatures. I'm not quite sure what happened, but they look a lot like Ultramarines. And the idea of chaos Ultramarines just seems like such a fun and comical idea to run with, I think I'm going to stick with it. We march on Macragge!

*Until FW's Dropsite Massacre book comes out, when I have no doubt I'll go running back to my 30K Iron Hands...