Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby I...

...undercoated three Ultramarines, and did a first coat on them.  I honestly think my only ever efforts at painting models was undercoating a Cadian Storm Trooper when I was a teenager, and coloruing in a very old plastic WHFB goblin with a marker.

So this constitutes my reintroduction to 40K - currently the models have no left shoulder plates, as the ones that come with the starter set have engraved Dark Angel chapter insignia.

I know it's extremely basic, but I have to admit to feeling a little bit proud as I started applying the Macragge Blue.

Finished painting....a cultist!

It's funny actually; I'm finally getting the hang of highlighting (I think!) so these cultists are actually the best painted models I've done to date....

I just want to finish them though, so I can get to kit-bashing some Chosen out of my Reaver Squad that arrived last week...only 6 more to go! :laugh.:

I've not had a productive week, I've tried to sit and paint but have been distracted by two different builds sitting on my desk...   I did get this "new" LS Typhoon primered tho...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/The%20Ravenwing/DSCN9870.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/The%20Ravenwing/DSCN9869.jpg

Edit:  and I apparently felt the need to post this twice....:pinch:
Edited by Brother dean

@Fasha- did you steal my cat? I swear one of my cats looks exactly like that. 

Today in the hobby I didn't really get anything done but I received a spontaneous hobby gift from my mom- a multi purpose hobby/craft/tool set after she visited costco.  Up until now, I've operated with one xacto blade, a pin vice drill, and a pair of clippers.

Now I have replacement blades! and tweezers to do minute things like stick chain in place rather than by hand! and a half dozen other things im gonna find a use for! Mwahahaha!

Today in the hobby I made some tokens for when I roll Red Thirst, I forget sooo often I've decided to do sometihng productive about it.  Oh and I nearly finished my Sniper Scouts  but now I need to sleep more than do final highlights.

No, he is most clearly my owner, he only comes when I ask and demands I remain with him at all times, seeking me out wherever I go.

This brother is clearly lost to us. Accept the Emperor's mercy, and know your wretched master will be righteously purged.

Let the memory of Fasha serve as a lesson to you all ;)

Today in the hobby I built half of my unbuilt models from the new releases, and added 3 old models that are to have their arms swapped out. So combined with all the new painting work that will be done I've probably given myself more work. I did however buy a bunch of new supplies and some new paints.

I really need to do some more painting.

No, he is most clearly my owner, he only comes when I ask and demands I remain with him at all times, seeking me out wherever I go.

This brother is clearly lost to us. Accept the Emperor's mercy, and know your wretched master will be righteously purged.

Let the memory of Fasha serve as a lesson to you all :wink:

You're just mad that my haiku was a Success Marine Meme and you didn't get the chance to top it before the thread was locked :tongue.:.  Now if only there were an Octed with cat ears...

Today I finished assembling my unpainted deathwing knights for glorious battle in the local escalation league. Tomorrow will be the first time in a month that I get to play, and their first battle.

I half expect every army to include a bazillion grav guns with the release of C:SM.

I finally figure out how I will convert Centurions to look better...if I ever get around to adding them.  Think Space Marine Tachikoma.

This I have to see! :laugh.:

I continued with my test of Liquid Mask. I just sprayed black over the whole miniature and hope to be able to peel the LMF (Liquid Masking Film) off and reveal nice crisp yellow shoulder pads and knee pad.

I hope this works because I bought a big jar of the stuff and am hoping to use this process on 20+ marines.