Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

...fretted and began nervously chewing nails at seeing Sentinels of Terra.

Please don't include Templars oh please oh please oh please oh please!!!

And lose the opportunity to fleece every Black Templar of a significant amount of money? give BT players what they want?

Can't see that happening :teehee:

Today in the hobby, I just ordered the parts required for me to make my main HQ for my Ravens of Bahltimyr (incorporating his real life counterparts infamous pre-game dance! :laugh.: ) Chapter (Bahltimyr Reavers after turning traitor)

Today in the hobby I...

...cleaned and rearranged my room to maximize/restructure my hobby potential.  Paints, tools, etc. are all in reach rather than having to find them.  Went to the local Michael's to see if they had plasticard/styrene sheet-  and received a look as if I had grown a second head when I responded to the "looking for something in particular" question (I'm doubting I'm gonna go there again anytime soon. They never have anything I need, and the staff act like they're either an hour from quitting and running out the door or going to verbally harass a customer for asking where something is).

Also began the process of removing ravenwing poles from my future bike command squad, gonna see how well milliput tackles the job, greenstuff isn't quite the gap filler I'd hoped it to be.

Never found anything other than general hobby stuff (Xacto blades, superglue, etc) at Michaels that I can't find for cheaper at Walmart.  For the more specific stuff I end up going to a local model train/RC car shop.

Though that does remind me that I need to clean my man-cave, I've probably misplaced half-a-dozen things that I could use in current projects by being lazy and letting it get messy.

Today I decided to actually do some painting and settled on a DIY Chapter after tossing up for several years now on whether to do Executioners, a mixed Chaos warband, or various other DIYs (hoping to still do all of these at some point)

Technically it was yesterday, but still....

Been slowly and steadily working on my cultists. Decided to paint the last 6 kind of assembly line style; painting one colour on all of them before moving onto the next. So far I've base coated the red, silver, brown and skin...and I'm really starting to realize just how slow a painter I am! :teehee:

Today in the hobby recieved my TH after opening decided that the warp is real.Well goodbye th in small letters not going to buy any more FW stuff again.:down:

I'LL WAIT FOR PLASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Not till the RG release of Corax.

Edited by deathspectersgt7

Today I've been doing details on seven Rhinos and two Land Raiders - lots of little bits, odd line highlighting etc. Tomorrow, bit of OSL and finish those gunners and pintle weapons...

Well, maybe that didn't exactly happen - managed to tidy up a fair bit of the metals, but still have to finish the gunners and highlights on the pintle weapons.

I did manage to do a lot of cleaning (Death Shroud, amongst other things), as well as gluing together some of the backlog - so all in all a success.

Today in the hobby recieved my TH after opening decided that the warp is real.Well goodbye th in small letters not going to buy any more FW stuff again.:down:

Are the moulds really that shot?

Are the moulds really that shot?

This isnt the first time I've heard this complaint. One of my local ex-staffer showed me his, he said it was a massive waste of money and the time, energy and effort to make it kind of acceptable took all of the joy out of it.

Today I undercoated a bunch of Praetorian legs from Anvil Industry. They seem marginally taller than regular marine legs, but I don't care because it means my Chaos marines can now choose between squatting, dancing, or standing like somebody ready to actually fight:laugh.:

Now all I have to do is paint and assemble the blasted marines, which might take some time.:sweat:

Today I stared at  30 cultists wondering where to start with the highlights, I resolved never to block paint such a large unit again as it drains the enjoyment away.  I also used my bits box to make a cool looking Sanguinary Priest which cheered me up.

I also took a disproportionate amount of pleasure from writing in "blood" Ave Dominus Nox across the doors of a ruined sanctum imperialis bit of scenary :devil:

Well, I finally seem to have gotten over a chest cold- so after returning from the gym (feels good to pump some irons after a few days of inactivity) I'm gonna spend the rest of the day using my new pot of liquid greenstuff to gap fill on my bike command squad and make some preparations for conversion work- including but not limited to, turning a cat servitor from space hulk into a teleport homer/orbital bombardment targetting system.

If all goes well, I can also snipe a bike chaplain off ebay in a few hours so I can get my hands on that headlight faring!

++EDIT++ outsniped by someone by a measly 50 cents in the last 10 seconds, oh the shame!

Edited by The_Chaplain

Today I am to finish the day's painting quota. Only have the arms of the Sergeant left, then I have finished painting my 1st Tactical Squad for my 6th ed Vanilla Space Marine Army. :)
Tomorrow I might go to the town and buy the MULTI-part Captain and another box of Tacticals.

Did I mention that the new Tacticals are SUPER detailed, compared to the old ones? :O

Last night I finished the magnetizing of the land speeder, now just need to green-stuff the gaps.  Which will wait until I'm to the same stage on a couple other projects, as I always make more GS than I need when I'm doing only one thing, and it's getting too expensive to just throw the overage away.

Also got a little more fiddlly work done on a Land Raider for my Word Bearers.

Finished modelling / redoing ultramarines army so it's in line with the new dex and ready to paint, then took them to my local club and flattened a World Eaters Legion with them; final kill points score 14-4 :devil:

Finished base-coating, washed, highlighted, and am currently putting the finishing touches on the bases of my final 6 cultists.

So excited to get into my Chosen/Reaver squad, and hopefully my Forgefiend at some point too!