Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

If it's a chibi, shouldn't that helmet be twice as big?

Also, speaking of chibi:

gallery_38474_6917_2308.jpg

Now I know what to do with all those extra arms and shoulder pads!

This is what really happened to the Squats. They've been hiding in Space Marine armories, foraging, and emerge once every thousand years bedecked in the scraps they find to wage war upon the shins of their enemies!

Also, speaking of chibi:

This is what really happened to the Squats. They've been hiding in Space Marine armories, foraging, and emerge once every thousand years bedecked in the scraps they find to wage war upon the shins of their enemies!

Oh and here I thought they had all been drafted into Imperial Guard armies...

Also, speaking of chibi:

Oh and here I thought they had all been drafted into Imperial Guard armies...

Please oh Great one tell us how you made this Chibi that is Legend.....(eait for it)......ARY!

Today in the hobby, I got halfway into finally finishing and painting my Land Raider Crusader. It ended up as part of the Cobalt Fists force, which means it's garishly purple and yellow. I'm really happy with the saturation of the colors, too.

Have a look:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/265503-kastors-convpaint-cobalt-fists-land-raider-crusader/?p=3471745

Today I begin my quest to get my models painted. My girlfriend is helping me: As she is a writer we are going to motivate each other. Each week we have to paint/write 850 points/words worth. I'll try not to cheat and paint high value models too often (5 Deathwing squads)

Today in the hobby I....

...received a replacement biker from the DV set and an additional DV biker from a trade made over on dakkadakka, and began work removing DA icons, and removing their heads for my bike command squad.  Also, began wondering how best to construct/model mk8 armor on dark vengeance bikers.

Today in the hobby, I finally received the chaplain on a bike I ordered the week before. Except, I didn't. Instead, the new kit of vanguard veterans was inside the package. I don't quite know how to feel about this.

I'd feel pissed off! That model is no longer available on GW's website- and price gougers on ebay sell it for a fortune, or sell it for cheap- beneath a mountain of horrible, layered on paintjobs.  I feel your pain brother- trying to get my hands on one, and if I got flim-flammed, I'd be on the horn with the seller to make him pay for your return shipping and a tracking number for the actual model you ordered!

Today in the hobby, I finally received the chaplain on a bike I ordered the week before. Except, I didn't. Instead, the new kit of vanguard veterans was inside the package. I don't quite know how to feel about this.

I'd feel pissed off! That model is no longer available on GW's website- and price gougers on ebay sell it for a fortune, or sell it for cheap- beneath a mountain of horrible, layered on paintjobs.  I feel your pain brother- trying to get my hands on one, and if I got flim-flammed, I'd be on the horn with the seller to make him pay for your return shipping and a tracking number for the actual model you ordered!

Indeed. While I do like the vanguard veterans, that chaplain is pretty awesome. Plus, one of my land speeder typhoons hasn't enjoyed being the only metal and plastic model in my collection, and he's shown such in his performance. I'll be giving the seller a call in the morning.

-SNIP-

Please oh Great one tell us how you made this Chibi that is Legend.....(eait for it)......ARY!

As the original post mentioned, I didn't make that lil guy, but he's pretty much nothing but shoulder guards with a backpack and arms.