Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

YiTH -  the return of disposable income bonus scheme!

In an effort to increase productivity,  the wife / Household C.F.O.  declared that any "over time" freelance hours can be applied 100% to my hobby budget.

For a limited time only. 

The kicker is I have to actually stop day dreaming about what I want to get and actually work so I can get it. 

Hmmm maybe she's onto something here.   :facepalm:

TITH, I've given everything I pledged for Loyalty and Treachery an initial coat of spray. Just need to spray a coat of Leadbelcher to go on certain parts of the Vulturax and Venators before I start getting the brushes out on them. 

Failed to do much of anything as usual..

Your lack of faith is disturbing.

Now get to work, chop chop!

Its been rough... wife has become highly suceptible to migraines due to pregnancy, and she already had bad migraines periodicaly... and her job being on a computer all Friday has become a bad migraine trigger so things kinda went to heck around the house the last month. .3 weekends in a row was enough and she quite the job, so now just to get back on track!

I did find most of the missing heavy weapon bits for my IG tho! Hurray! Will post in more detail in my IG WIP

TDITH I very carefully began assembling a maulerfiend that I have been painting partially assembled. I've learned from past mistakes what an errant bit of glue can do to a paint job. Also, I dry brushed some Averland Sunset onto the maulerfiend's teeth, because in the daemon forges of the Dark Mechanics, dental hygiene is as common as grav weapons, drop pods, and land speeders. :)

Tith put together Hvy weapons brothers for 12 Tac Squads . All were Kromlech weapons .

They do good work. Pics? Not enough qick pics on this thread.

The kicker is I have to actually stop day dreaming about what I want to get and actually work so I can get it.

Hmmm maybe she's onto something here.

but how are you going to know what you're going to get unless you put in the hours day dreaming (errr. .. subconscious think-tanking) about it?

that's serious business, and it doesn't just "happen" !!

Edited by paulJam

Hello

Not such an interesting battle after all - we lost the sides choice, the choice of first turn, our opponents had all the luck with objectives and we had none, and they had better (perhaps not hugely) dice.

They also had a Death Guard/Iron Warriors force that was nearly all 2+/5++, and almost every model had Feel No Pain, I think. No fewer than ten obliterators! The 305-point daemon prince with 2+ re-rolling ones and level 3 psyker (including the 3++ power) was a bit nasty too...

To be fair, if the dice and cards had been a bit kinder it could have been a reasonable game, as we did manage to zap some things, but they managed to explode all of my Land Raiders by turn three, which did make it very hard going.

7-23 in terms of points after 5 turns.

Edited by Brother Sefiel

Tith I assembled a junior officer for my guard...

And pondered thst the current 40k campaign series is just a push to sell more codexes to everyone before they are obsolete come 8th edition...

GS1 uses IG, TS, SM, AOD, SOB, AOI, AM, CM, IK all in 2 detatchments...

GS2 uses CWE, DE, HQE in as few as 1 detatchment...

TiTH - just checked ebay and my  Betrayal at Calth  sans models is on the boat from Jacksonville!  ( means it'll get here in about 2 weeks after it takes a small rest stop in Puerto Rico) 

$13.00 and I finally get to play with the real dice. 

This will help complete my Calth Patrol mash up using paulJams homebrew for base stats.  Looking forward to writing it  up in 'other games'.

I have come to the conclusion that when you are working on a horde army it is best not to track your progress in points. Lol

2 vox guys done today tho so the upgrade bumps it up a notch... also glued some random backpacks from an old non gw tank kit onto 2 monopose guardsmen... helps break up the monotony.

TDITH I worked on my maulerfiend some more. One of the things I want to do is have a crumbling wall for the maulerfiend to be poised climbing on his base.

My original plan was to use styrofoam for the wall. It was easy to shape into the dimensions I wanted, but in the past, I have melted styrofoam with spray paint before. So today, I doubled the size of what I actually wanted, and primed the base.

Fortunately I had some excess tiles from when I redid my floors along with a little hammer, and Plan B was a success.

I will be adding snow to conceal some of the edges and make the ruined wall more natural looking. If you look closely, you can see all that remains of the styrofoam wall on the right side of the base.

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/Carrack1/IMG_9242_zpsfmhaym6m.jpg

TITH I worked on putting together opposing Salamanders & Marine Malevolent killteams.   Old Bolters, chainsaw bayonents, and Salamander pads are on their way hopefully will all be here within a week or two.

Also when I grabbed the two tactical boxes for these guys I thought I had grabbed two of the new kit mainly since I grabbed two of the dark blue boxes instead of the yellow ones but it appears I left my LGS with one 32mm and one 25mm.  I guess this one's been kicking around on the shelf since the size change.  Oh well more bases for my Templars now I just need to get a few more 32mm bases for these chaps then.  Was nice to get the two old transfer sheets again though instead of the Smurf only sheet.

Was going to buy a Knight but talked myself out of it.