Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I set aside some cash to buy the RT-era Compendium because that's part of how this all got started for me.  I'm a little surprised I had not thought to do this earlier, frankly.

Also, I put conversion plans for a "Shadow Hawk" and "Blackraven" on paper.  I'm not committing money to those projects until I get the two Land Raiders completed (which I'm saving for the ETL this year).

Edited by Race Bannon
Words, I know words

Hi

I've decided I really need and want to build my own custom person aimed objective markers... it's a tad lame fighting over the glass drop things...

Yep, a good plan. Most of my group have done some.

The simplest was bases with one to six skulls on them. I used the little skull/vox things from the bastion sets. One guy did different racial markers.

Last Wednesday ITHI came into the possession of "The World of Warhammer: An Official Illustrated Guide to the Fantasy World"

From 1998. The year I started warhammer with 2 bretonnian knights and 8 bowmen vs my brothers 4 sword and board orcs, 4 orc archers, 5 goblin spearmen and 5 goblin bowmen... Edited by Canadian_F_H

TITHI Finished the last coat of smurf blue on my leviathan dreadnought, retouched the metallic parts i'd gotten some blue on, magnetized the arms for him too and started the second coat of grey on my vulture gunship .

Tomorrow I take my gk and smurfs into battle, Courage, Honour and Sharp stabby things:biggrin.:

TITH I realized two things:

- I need to make my 30k militia a priority.

- I need to give up true-scale/art-scale/obsession with making marines bigger and just accept the scale and have fun with the range.

True scaling looks neat and all but I'll save that fight for going back over old marines After GW redoes the marine line to Truescale itself.

Hello

Not a good night for 1k Codex: Just As Planned (mainly inquisition) although both games were close.

Some satisfaction in battering Khorne boys in close combat in the first game - really murdered them - they ran off and hid (only winning because they had more units, I couldn't kill the enemy warlord with 5 lascannon hits and because I made a couple of howlingly bad tactical errors). Second game was toasted by frag cannon and shotguns used as flamers while in a disadvantageous position, but effectively defeated by rolling 1 to run while trying to get to an objective in the last turn.

Still a fun army in general, though, no matter how successful it is..

In November some good friends talked me into coming back to WH40K, and I have taken the plunge, purchasing the Triumverate and Imperial Agents. However, after digging out all my stuff right after Thanksgiving I found a small mountain of unfinished vehicles. Therefore I resolved to complete them all before tackling my new box. Today I finished up three Predators, a Whirlwind, a pair of Razorbacks and a Rhino: all that remains are decals and a few touches, then sealing. I also repaired three Penitent Engines and finished assembling and painting Inquisitor Karamazov. These are flocked, sealed and finished!

I have three kitbashed Exorcists to finish painting as well as four Immolators, but as I have their turrets magnetized to swap out with the SM turrets this won't take long (the hulls are done).

Fortunately my Space Marine soldiers were all finished before I stopped playing (the pictures are still in my gallery) so I don't have to work on them! :smile.:

I still want to touch up and re-flock the 119 Battle Sisters that I own. However as soon as I finish the Sister's vehicles I will start on the Triumverate.

Edited by Montford981

TITH, I started a proof-of-concept for Skitarii Rangers: combining bits left over from my Vanguard squads with Victoria Miniatures Tannenburg bits (male and female Dress Uniform Torsos and Greatcoat Legs. Big issue is having to trim the collars and drill out the necks so the thick-necked Skitarii heads will fit.

TITH, I started a proof-of-concept for Skitarii Rangers: combining bits left over from my Vanguard squads with Victoria Miniatures Tannenburg bits (male and female Dress Uniform Torsos and Greatcoat Legs. Big issue is having to trim the collars and drill out the necks so the thick-necked Skitarii heads will fit.

Curious to see how that's working. Any photos?

TithI sold off my small empire army and custodes.

Picked up 6th ed bretonnian army book and 4th editon black templar codex.

Fought a 750 40k game with my templars. Called it early due to time, ended at a draw in turn 4 that would have gone in my favor quite easily and quickly the next turn.