Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby, I saw that my Iron Hands' fluff was completely butchered thanks to the supplement. The storm raven im working on will be the last marine model I make in a long while as I drop marines entirely and go full admech.

i finally got my codex after 1.5 months worth of waiting!!!!

Damn. You're a more patient man than I, sir.

Everyday I checked the mail and it wasn't there I was crushed a little....... but that's just good fore the soul. No kidding I would say to myself "hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" everyday I went to check the mail.

Today in the hobby, I assembled my FW predator destructor, primed it and using the hair spray method weathered it! A first for me so quite proud.

Tonight, I finished three more Rhinos, bringing my total to six:

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/n9zee1/40k%20stuff/image_zps9718b02c.jpg

For those curious, the black tubes are my converted hunter-killer missiles. The missile launcher that comes with the kit just wasn't big enough! :P

Next up: finishing my Hunter/Stalker.

Today in the hobby I got to meet Gillyfish in person and to finally link up with blackoption. The three of us were joined by Alex, a fellow hobbyist at my local GW store, for some Space Hulk (playtesting an Indomitus mission). For those that want to read/see more about the gaming, you can see it here.

Botched a leg-transplant, resulting in one Iron Hand currently giving his best impression of a pogo-stick. 

I watched in both amusement and annoyance as bionic the leg I was cutting (with the intention of fixing it to the marine) was catapulted across the room to somewhere only the vacuum will find. 

Half way done re-building a squad for a different project, and buying a new Tactical squad later tonight to build as well. Debating sacrificing one or two of the marines for characters. I have two I need to build.

I'd laugh with you, but I'm still digging around the furniture looking for that sword that catapulted across my room.  :tongue.:

Anybody seen my 1st ed Emperors Champion sword...  He hit the floor and I heard the sword hit my desk leg...  

sigh...

I am washing Deathwing in Graveyard earth instead of what I am supposed to be doing...

I'd laugh with you, but I'm still digging around the furniture looking for that sword that catapulted across my room.  :tongue.:

Anybody seen my 1st ed Emperors Champion sword...  He hit the floor and I heard the sword hit my desk leg...  

Just give him a force staff. That's cool, right?

*rushes to cover*

I do most of my modelling in the kitchen, and this has happened a few times...the last time when I was cooking pasta.

You can see where this is going... :laugh.:

Also, I really am "RTB01 positive" as I've been looking at this and this and wishing I had the money for it all. The first link is nearly enough RTB's for another Company! :wub.:

No chance of getting them, but still, it would be nice to have all of that! :laugh.:

Edited by Aquilanus

I've finished my Hunter/Stalker!

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/n9zee1/40k%20stuff/image_zpsbf9840bf.jpg

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af166/n9zee1/40k%20stuff/image_zps566c790d.jpg

Next up is probably finishing up my Stormraven and Stormtalons, then I've got a Wall of Martyrs set to paint.

Brother Casman, that tank looks damn fine in red and bone. Top stuff!

I lost the top off a thunder hammer once, a few years back.

To this day I'm contemplating giving one of my terminators the Stick of Power.

Also today in the hobby I finally got around to deciding what to arm my two aspiring champions with - power swords and pistols always strike a chord with me, so I'm gonna roll with it.

Thanks, Ace! I took my cues from the Iron Hands Hunter in the WD (and Codex?) and just extended it to the Stalker. I also did the "shoulders" in bone to help tie it to my other tanks (see my Rhinos above) and break up the red on the tank a bit.