Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Baby steps. 

This hobby can't even handle me, right now.

Pics or it didn't happen :wink:

Cheers,

Jono

ZAP! KAPOW! SWOOSH!

Contrary to the fact this looks like insane vanity, The First Heretic is only on my printer with the Tac Squad box, the Ltd. Ed. Space Marine Codex, and last month's White Dwarf because I needed to read my original description for Cyrene's hair and eye colour.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2851/10552704116_8d66f5595f_c.jpg

That bronze is looking mighty fine I have to say

It's a bit paler in natural light; I was aiming for a really pale, clean bronze rather than a gritty, golden one.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3745/10569069915_7d9114a5d5_c.jpg

Me on the other hand, today in the hobby, I managed to snap the supporting rod of one of my Emperor's Children jetbikes... :furious::wallbash:

Not a cheap mistake, Cap.

Ouch.

Holy crap, I didn't think you even owned brushes ADB :laugh.:

Yeah, it's... it's been a while. I've probably owned about 20,000 points of 40K and WHF models, and before my current Minotaurs efforts, I've actually finished 1 Captain, 3 Blood Claws, a High Elf Phoenix Guard, an Orc Boy, a Wood Elf Glade Guard, and the Wardancer from Warhammer Quest.

Well today I wrote my new list for a nurgle DG army.

That's amazing A D-B you actually painted something, but until those arms heads base and bolters are done you can't pat yourself on the back :wink:

God, you're worse than my editor.

Baby steps. 

Cheers,

Jono

ZAP! KAPOW! SWOOSH!

Contrary to the fact this looks like insane vanity, The First Heretic is only on my printer with the Tac Squad box, the Ltd. Ed. Space Marine Codex, and last month's White Dwarf because I needed to read my original description for Cyrene's hair and eye colour.

*GASP*  Seriously now, I concur with the previous statements, that is a very nice bronze you've got there :tu:  With a little luck they may even make it into a full squad.... ;)

Cheers,

Jono

Baby steps. 

Cheers,

Jono

ZAP! KAPOW! SWOOSH!

>That bronze is looking mighty fine I have to say

It's a bit paler in natural light; I was aiming for a really pale, clean bronze rather than a gritty, golden one.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3745/10569069915_7d9114a5d5_c.jpg

In that pic it looks even better. Moves away nicely from the sort of dark gold I always seem to end up with when attempting it.

Army of these bad boys will look awesome

Now, now Firepower...   We of the First Legion Chapter have nothing but respect for the spirit and drive of the Crusading Legion Chapters of the BT...

Today I have a bike coming for my RW libby and had two Cadian meltagunners show up..  Almost ready for April...

We really should game sometime Firepower..   

Now, now Firepower...   We of the First Legion Chapter have nothing but respect for the spirit and drive of the Crusading Legion Chapters of the BT...

Today I have a bike coming for my RW libby and had two Cadian meltagunners show up..  Almost ready for April...

We really should game sometime Firepower..   

Ophidium Gulf :P

Today in the hobby I stopped wandering the BnC long enough to go line up and determine the parts that will go into my next 8 Templars: 4 Maul wielding Sword Brethren and 4 Ax swinging Initiates. 

:smile.:

Now comes mold lines, basing, priming, painting...well, I like the last bit.

I also have 10 Neophytes that require the same treatment.  Not so happy about that.  I hate painting the Scout models :tongue.:

Gotta work on my Helbrecht sooner or later, too.

...and then I still have to buy and paint 5 more Neophytes, and then my Arrows need 2 Landspeeder Storms and their Scouts, which will have to be magnetized to use both on the Storm and on separate bases, and then 4 Sternguard, and another Landspeeder....

Then I'll have a full and proper 2k Allies list at last :biggrin.:

So, probably 8 years from now or so. I need another painting challenge to pop up. It's remarkable how hard I work for those little signature banners and bragging rights :tongue.:

Edited by Firepower

Today in the hobby I've done nothing (yet, it's still early) but yesterday I took part in a multiplayer game with the largest Deathwing force I've ever mustered - 34 terminators, 2 land raiders, 2 dreadnoughts and a drop pod, all painted.

today in the hobby I pulled apart my (unpainted) land raider Prometheus as when it was first built way back in the mists of time I didn't line up the sides/top properly, also the resin plate at the top was on backwards somehow. I also managed to injure myself using my sculpting tool prying it apart - slipping and skewering my thumb pretty deeply

Today in the hobby I finished the final 2 infantry models for my Guardians of the Covenant...... just 6 bikes, a speeder and a Predator to go and they are completely done....

that's a somewhat shocking thing.... 7000 points of Dark Angels successor, fully painted! :tongue.:

Today in the hobby i pussied out of prep'ing £150 worth of FW and instead spent an hour skiving off work writing fluff for my Tale of 18 Hobbyist Shadow Scorpions and Horus Heresy Night Lords instead. The flesh is weak

Edited by Balthamal

Today in the hobby i pussied out of prep'ing £150 worth of FW and instead spent an hour skiving off work writing fluff for my Tale of 18 Hobbyist Shadow Scorpions and Horus Heresy Night Lords instead. The flesh is weak

I tried to like this, but I've run out of likes! :tongue.: