Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby I stopped by a local primarily model and R/C hobby store that has a small bit of GW stuff. They have decided to stop stocking GW stuff and are selling everything at 50% off. I got the Reclusiam Command Squad, Devastator squad and Sternguard box for half price. I only went in to get magnets! I never figured I would get the Reclusiam squad box. There isn't anything else I want left there, unfortunately.

You are one lucky devil; if you think about it you essentially paid for a plastic clampack character (the chaplain), and got a command squad and razorback for chump change; not to mention the sternguard! What a find!  

Today in the hobby I bought my first unit off of Forge World! A Contemptor dread with two kheres assault cannons. My only fear is that my painting skills won't be enough for such a wonderful model.

One of the reasons why I haven't bought a Contemptor yet :sad.: I will get one to represent my Rainbow Warriors' first Chapter Master one day though :laugh.:

Today in the hobby I bought my first unit off of Forge World! A Contemptor dread with two kheres assault cannons. My only fear is that my painting skills won't be enough for such a wonderful model.

And another victim is hooked!

Don't worry about your painting skill not being up to par; you can always buy another and try again. 

Don't worry about your painting skill not being up to par; you can always buy another and try again. 

I have spent the last few minutes looking at all the possible purchases I could make down the line... The Tartaros pattern armor would let me make an awesome Chapter Master...

Today in the hobby I painted a Centurion squad, my eyes are bleeding from the yellow.

I also decided I'm going to buy a Fellblade and beat my Guard opponent to death with it because he fields Vengeance Batteries with Battle Cannons every single game alongside his Leman Russ. 

It's actually not that bad to paint.   Nothing near as bad as DKoK....

I love painting Krieg.  I just wish I had more of them to paint.  I suppose that is why Krieg are worse; they are Guard, which one can never have enough of, AND Forgeworld, which you can also not have enough of, but at higher prices.

Instead I found myself eagerly painting my "new" XV-06 Crisis Suit today as the parts I needed finally arrived.  For those of you unfamiliar with the mixed reference, look up MS-06 and consider my space commies are from Sept 3, better known to the inhabitants as Zeon.  Still, there are some Red Scorpion Apothecaries in need of a painting now that Forgeworld made them all legal again.

Today in the hobby, I've spent the last few hours finally stripping various models from frames from my Dark Vengeance box set. It's too late/dark to get any decent pictures and my hands have cuts everywhere :dry.: , but they'll finally get basecoated etc tomorrow for my participation in the Call of Chaos event.

"The 'Reavers are coming! The 'Reavers are coming!" :devil:

Today in the hobby, I've finally started painting again after a long hiatus. Finished about 90% of my aegis defense line. Still need to get started on the quad-gun though. A friend of mine also painted up my ironclad dread, who's around 80% complete. 

Have made a rough 2Kish list for my Chaos Marine DIY, which includes a Warpsmith Counts-as (a female Dark Mechanicus Magos) that I'm getting a bitz list for. Unfortunately, my regular bitz supplier hasn't got most of them at the moment, so I'll have to wait :sad.:

Ran the usual Sunday at the shop, then actually got a game in myself, which we called a draw at the end of turn 5 because we couldn't say for certain what way things would go and my opponent's lift was waiting.

I've got a 13 year old to drill their gun barrels. Well, to be more precise, they just started doing it. I was pretty shocked, nobody I know bothers.

Dragonlover

Yesterday in the hobby I finally started painting some Dark Angels greenwing to go with my Ravenwing. I bought a can of Army Painter green and did a quick, and nice, even basecoat.

Today in the hobby I realized I really don't like green 40k dudesmen.

Last night in the hobby I started to reorganise my bits box as I am nearing the end of my DA journey.... I realised that buying those two Ravenwing battleforces a couple of years ago has given me more DA iconography than any sane person would ever need! :tongue.:

Today in the Hobby I have bought two differing minis to act as the base for two possible variations of a Kitbash I want to do - a female Dark Magos who counts as a Warp Smith :happy.: It did cause a little confusion when I explained what I wanted to do with them (WHF Wood Elf monstrous creature and a Banshee) :laugh.: I decided to go ahead and try out both ideas and see where they take me. I couldn't decide on which idea as there are elements to both that I love, but they would be difficult (for me) to put together.

I'm currently running through my regular bitz sites (that definitely sounds like I have a problem! :blink.: ) for other parts I want :smile.:

Today my eBay order arrived - an old metal Chaos Dreadnought! He's unassembled, unpainted, and though there's a bit of glue stuck here and there he's pretty much good as new. I got him for a third of the price you'd pay for a plastic Dreadnought so I'm chuffed.

I'm surprised by his sculpt. It looks quite good - better than pictures make it out to be. With a bit of reposing I'm confident he'll look the part. The assembly is going to be a nightmare though. There's gaps in his torso the size of a Space Marine's pauldron.