Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I assembled the arms of two primaris hellblasters and attached them to the torsos. One of them is keeping an eye out and the other is gesturing with an auspex.

Also mocked up a Frostreaver titan legion paint scheme in gimp.

frostreaver paint scheme test

I changed my avatar to represent my current army, made some more progress on my Primaris Captain and making some way towards streamlining how my Imperial Fists paint scheme, and torpedoed by hobby time for the near future as I make a shift at work to a different shift and department. 4am shifts will take some time to get used and will slow my hobbying a bit for a while.

Today I unclogged my airbrush, tested my colourshift paint set and sprayed the carapace of my first Imperial Knight. It's progressing fairly well thankfully. I've got some tidying up to do but then I'll be moving onto armour trim and agonizing over the heraldry. I haven't settled on a theme for my Household yet.

Today in the hobby I got back to my project after a bit of hiatus. Back to looking things over and need a new approach to refocus and pick a starting point. Feeling overwhelmed again haha.

And I'm continuing sketching out this portrait of Captain Hierax (Considering he might be a Chapter Master due to some changes to his model) that I started a few days ago.

tumblr_pe4s69z8gA1xozg5ao1_500.png

Doing all sorts of Warhammer/Chapter related things again :)

My first Imperial Fists legion decal sheet has arrived, I've generally got a quick way to do yellows down (Corax White primer, Yriel Yellow base, Dorn Yellow drybrush, thinned Casandora wash all over, thinned Seraphim Sepia wash into the recesses repeated until the desired tone is reached) which let me get the yellows for my Primaris LT done in less than an hour in total (counting drying times). I'm also finding that I'm starting to go down the slippery slope of weathering my models and looking for pigment powders that match my basing scheme. I think it's just something either inherent to how I see Fists in my head or a desire to break the clean yellow up visually so the models don't turn into blobs of yellow when standing next to each other on the table.

...And now I'm ordering weathering powders for my Fists.

Weathering the yellow did something for the model I didn't expect and instead of looking like an angry lemon I feel like my Primaris Captain is coming pretty close to actually being done.

And now I'm falling down the rabbit hole of weathering all the things. I swear I just can't paint clean yellow and be happy with it being a clean yellow. I should have expected this after doing some Bad Moons Ork boyz yonks ago.

TITH I've built all the Primaris in the Dark Imperium box. And my fingers now hurt making this basically my own pain glove.

At least I'm getting closer to the brigade I want to run (though most of that CP is just going to be spent on rerolls, Chapter Master and maybe Orbital Bombardment) and making progress towards being able to have a full company of Primaris (I never wanted to do this with the classic Marines but somehow having a hundred of these guys works for me).

I've also noticed I need to fix a model I started working on because I inverted the LT stripe colors by accident on the helmet and basically I feel like an idiot for not noticing that sooner.

Now I just need to convert up some Grenade Launchers from somewhere for my Intercessors...

Edited by Fulkes

Guest MistaGav

I'm about 60% of the way through my Custodes Wardens and captains. Just got to wash the capes and gloves later today after doing basecoating and then I'm mostly there to being complete.

...spent time wondering where all my painting time went and then I remember I spend too much time on the internet.

Unrelated I've been working on a submission to GW on kind of a community feedback on the Space Marine codex. Basically a "here's what we don't play, why we don't play it and the kind of change (that isn't just a points drop as that won't make Tacticals a valid alternative to Scouts for more competetive players) that would get us playing them". I don't know if it'll get anything out of it, but if we can use such a thing to address internal balance issues inside of codexes without resorting to just dropping points down so low that you can bring 100 Tactical Marines for 1,000pts then I'm all for it. Heck if play testing shows the buffed units need a points increase I'm all for it too!

For the last few days in the hobby, I've been away at a Heresy narrative campaign - and it has been fantastic! Seven great games (from 1k to 4k) - against some beautiful armies and top opponents, I had a wonderful time. Photos and a write-up to come in due course...

TITH I finished the body of my test model for my Kill Team. They're called the Spectral Sicarii. If I find enough time and have enough patience I may build them out into a playable chapter for 40k.

9xVct6v.jpg