Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

I finished my Iconward this morning (by gluing him to his base) but painted him in about 5 hours last night (counting the time I spent waiting on washes to dry):

PxuUhbr.jpg

PxuUhbr.jpg

And because I can't recall if I posted my Abominant (whom I finished the day before) yet:

nupdw5j.jpg

4mdkgMk.jpg

sn1xl6h.jpg

Warrior hunter, dude, you're making me wanna do some 30K world eaters with those awesome blue and whites!  That said... a heavy weapons pack for a comms, I've legit never seen that done before and it's kinda totally perfect. Awesome work mate, awesome work!

TiTH, I stripped my starter set Primaris so I'll get to work on them this week.... I have no idea what I'll paint them as yet. 

Oh, thewarriorhunter, how'd you manage to cut the circular base toppers so clean anyhow?  Just curious as that's a real good job and a great effect.  May have to do that for an armies/kill team on parade thing. 

Edited by Vykes

TITHI reached the halfway point of the biggest model I've painted yet, my Brass Scorpion:

37mHBtA.jpg

I also figured out the Power Klaw for my Megaboss (now I just need to wait for the frigging Throgg models arrive). And a lad for scale.
9MA27z3.jpg

2n25OhU.jpg

Big Klaw for a Big Boss.

Gederas, dat klaw wuz made fer krumpin' and dat's just wot 'ell do!  It's blasted ridiculous and absolutely Orky, love it :P 

Commander Welles, first full unit since the mid 90's, eh?  Looks right great, mate!  Fantastic work, seriously awesome.  Aaah the Ashen choir, I just saw that title over in the 'future Renegades of the Warmaster's' section so might right be followin' along.  They look terrific.  Goblin green base... this is giving me real 90's flashbacks. 

CMDR_Welles, I really like your paint scheme. Squad Verdi looks far more like a capable combat unit and less like they're hoping to make the enemy puke to death.

And Gederas, nice work on the brass scorpion. I especially like the subtle symbols on the plates.

Edited by Semper Fortis

Warrior hunter, dude, you're making me wanna do some 30K world eaters with those awesome blue and whites! That said... a heavy weapons pack for a comms, I've legit never seen that done before and it's kinda totally perfect. Awesome work mate, awesome work!

Oh, thewarriorhunter, how'd you manage to cut the circular base toppers so clean anyhow? Just curious as that's a real good job and a great effect. May have to do that for an armies/kill team on parade thing.

Thanks for the compliments! The scheme is actually one my wife came up with. I didn't even know it was so similar to World Eaters until someone mentioned it. These guys are called Spectral Sicarii; for now they're a home brew kill team, they may turn into a chapter but I'm not committing to that yet.

Bases are a little work but not terrible. Roll some clay, cut the shape using a base-sized paper template, then sand to size. If you click my Vindicet Honourem link in my signature the last several posts have the details on how I made these guys.

And Gederas, nice work on the brass scorpion. I especially like the subtle symbols on the plates.

Thanks! You call it subtle, but they're pretty blatant when viewed from certain angles. XD

Also: Free-handing wavy lines (which are on the other plates aside from the front-most one) is not my forte :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

Fortis kinda nailed it, Squad Verdi does look like a Death Guard group cpaable of actually, you know, fighting, and not just letting their overwhelming stink do all the work for them as they pose dramatically like fat blistered greco-roman pottery models.  

Eh, no worries Warrior Hunter.  It's a cool look, similar to the bloody boys from the 12th but distinctly clean cut and loyalist.  It's pretty cool.  Clay still curing and have some give or rock hard?  Man, I keep wondering if I should get some of those diamond wire saws and maaaybe even keep the base patterning too.  Either way, looks great and aye, I may have to look into some of those pattern rollers!  You're making it right tempting. 

Thanks everyone for the kind words. 

The Legion of the Ashen Choir is led by Lord Pavarottus (Lord Felthius model). He is a bit of a neat freak, and so has the Ashen Choirs Nurglings lick clean everyone's armor and gear before and after a battle. That is why they are relatively "clean" in appearance. 

I've started on the Cohort for Lord Pavarottus. Once I finish these three Blightlords, I'll start on the other two Plague Marine squads (Liszt, and Wagner)

He is a bit of a neat freak, and so has the Ashen Choirs Nurglings lick clean everyone's armor and gear before and after a battle. That is why they are relatively "clean" in appearance. 

That is simultaneously disgusting and awesome. Great bit of lore!

He is a bit of a neat freak, and so has the Ashen Choirs Nurglings lick clean everyone's armor and gear before and after a battle. That is why they are relatively "clean" in appearance. 

That is simultaneously disgusting and awesome. Great bit of lore!

lol Thanks! Got to give the Nurglings something to do

YITH, I got the last few paints needed for my AT project, as well as my Reavers and Warhounds. Really looking forward to trying some new techniques with them all, including a lot of airbrushing I hope!